• Daniel bar Jamin runs away from his cruel master, Amelek, and goes to the mountain to join a man named Rosh who is reportedly building an army to fight the Romans.
• Daniel lives there for five years without returning to his village where his grandmother and sister live.
• Daniel is on the mountain and sees two people climbing up.
• The boy Joel has dreams of joining Rosh but he has family obligations that prevent him from doing that.
• When word comes of an ambush on a pack train, Joel insists on going along with Daniel.
• Joel's sister, Malthace, hides in the rocks.
• Daniel at first tells Joel he cannot join the ambush, but Joel will not leave.
• They easily overpower the guards on the slave caravan.
• The only thing they take is a huge black man who was one of the slaves.
• Rosh is not pleased...
This section contains 2,173 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)