|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sheila says that if anybody had to catch her, she's glad it was who in "Sheila"?
2. How old does the poet say he was when he looked to heaven in "Doubtless"?
3. What does the poet write "is not a crime" in the poem "Doubtless"?
4. What does Chankara shove into Porscha's mouth in "Porscha Johnson"?
(d) Ice cream.
5. Who yells "Y'all got me to thank! Remember that!" for Open Mike Fridays in the assembly at the end of the school year?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Letter to my Mother," the author writes of her mother having what in her arm?
2. Amy claims her name is like her how in "Amy Moscowitz"?
3. What setting is described in the poem "Ode to Stone"?
4. What newspaper does Steve say is sending a reporter to cover Open Mike Fridays in "Steve Ericson"?
5. How many more years of high school does Steve have to go in "Steve Ericson"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tyrone relate about the newspaper article after the reading of "The Door"?
2. What kind of poem is performed by Tyrone, Wesley and Sterling in the narrative?
3. How does the character of Diondra view conditional and unconditional love?
4. How does Sheila explain her desire to change her name in "Sheila Gamberoni" and her poem?
5. What is Amy's greatest fear? How does she describe this metaphorically in "Ode to Stone"?
6. What metaphors does Janelle use in the poem "The Door"?
7. Why does Amy say she became tough in "Amy Moscowitz"?
8. What does Sheila say she wants to change her name to in "Sheila Gamberoni"? What is the reaction of the teacher and class?
9. How does Porscha describe gaining her reputation in "Porscha Johnson"?
10. Who is Amy envious of in "Amy Moscowitz"? Who gives Amy advice about jealousy?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)