|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Bronx Masquerade" was named the Coretta Scott King Award book in what year?
2. How long did it take a bully to make Porscha finally lose her restraint in "Porscha Johnson"?
(a) 6 weeks.
(b) 5 hours.
(c) 9 months.
(d) 2 days.
3. In "Self-Portrait: A Poem for my Father," the author writes that she is what?
4. What did Amy get sick with and have to go to the hospital for two years ago in "Amy Moscowitz"?
(b) Swine flu.
(c) Chicken pox.
(d) The flu.
5. Who does Tyrone refer to as "skinny, bleach-blond" in "Tyrone"?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long ago did Steve's dad announce the family was moving in "Steve Ericson"?
2. How long has it been since Sheila's dad took over the pizza parlor from her uncle in "Sheila Gamberoni"?
3. What does the poet write "is not a crime" in the poem "Doubtless"?
4. Steve says that his mom still can't get past his wearing what in "Steve Ericson"?
5. Who does Sheila write must love puzzles in "Private Puzzle"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Lupe say she wants to go to college in "Lupe"? Why?
2. What happens at the assembly at the end of the school year, as described by Tyrone?
3. How does the character of Diondra view conditional and unconditional love?
4. What is foreshadowed in Diondra's poem "Self-Portrait: A Poem for My Father"?
5. What kind of poem is performed by Tyrone, Wesley and Sterling in the narrative?
6. What is Sheila caught doing by Wesley in "Sheila"? What is her reaction?
7. From whose perspective is the "Epilogue" written? How is she described?
8. What is the subject of the poem "Self-Portrait: A Poem for My Father"?
9. What does Diondra's father become furious about in "Diondra"? What does she leave him in the hopes he will begin to understand her?
10. Why does Amy say she became tough in "Amy Moscowitz"?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)