|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "El Noche," the author writes of the earth being hollow as a what?
2. Who poured a cupful of honey on Sterling's new shoes in "Sterling S. Hughes"?
3. What does Tanisha say she once washed her hair with in order to have afros like her cousins in "Tanisha Scott"?
(a) Paint thinner.
(b) Hydrogen peroxide.
4. What is Lupe's last name?
5. When was Langston Hughes born?
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused the death of Leslie's mother in "Leslie Lucas"?
2. Who wrote "Preface to a Twenty Volume Suicide"?
3. After reading his poem in class, Wesley is told by "Teach" that he still expects what from him in "Wesley Bad Boy Boone"?
4. How tall is Diondra Jordan?
5. What color eyes does Tanisha Scott have?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sterling describe himself in "Sterling S. Hughes"?
2. How does Lupe describe her home life in "Lupe"? What is the poem "Brown Hands" about?
3. What similarities do Devon and Tanisha share?
4. What is described in the poem "D-Train"?
5. What motivations drive the character of Raul?
6. How does Gloria describe her life in "Gloria Martinez"?
7. Who does Lupe call after breaking up with her boyfriend in "Lupe"? What do they discuss?
8. What led to Chankara's bruises in "Chankara Troupe"?
9. What interaction do Janelle and Judianne have in the bathroom in "Janelle"?
10. How is Sterling different from the other characters in the narrative?
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)