|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Tyrone's commentary following Diondra's poem "If," he says "If the sista read any faster, I'd be looking for her" what?
(a) Supergirl cape.
(b) X-ray glasses.
(c) Books on tape.
(d) Source of powers.
2. Who was the author of "Home to Harlem" in 1928?
(a) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(b) Claude McKay.
(d) Carl Sandburg.
3. What does Sterling say everyone calls him in "Sterling S. Hughes"?
4. What friend of Tanisha's does she say is also light-skinned in "Tanisha Scott"?
5. How tall is Diondra Jordan?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tanisha elect to draw portraits for a group project in "Tanisha Scott"?
2. What is the name of the cousin Tanisha describes in "Tanisha Scott"?
3. What famous music hall and theater where many black musicians and comedians started their careers is mentioned in "Long Live Langston"?
4. Leslie says in "Leslie Lucas" that if it weren't for her mom dying, she'd be back where with her friends?
5. What does the author claim to be by way of metaphor in the poem "Inside"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Leslie describe her life in "Leslie Lucas"? Why doesn't she feel she fits in?
2. How is Sterling different from the other characters in the narrative?
3. What is described in the poem "D-Train"?
4. How does Judianne describe herself in "Judianne Alexander"?
5. Who does Janelle have a crush on? How does she compare herself to this individual in "Janelle Battle"?
6. How is mirror imagery used symbolically in the narrative?
7. What commentary does Tyrone contribute after Lupe reads "El Noche"?
8. How does Diondra feel when her artwork is exposed in "Diondra"?
9. What motivations drive the character of Raul?
10. How does Tyrone describe his life in "Tyrone Bittings"?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)