|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Lupe that she envies her in "Lupe"?
2. Who catches Sheila's eye and shakes her head before going back to a drawing in "Sheila Gamberoni"?
3. In "Self-Portrait: A Poem for my Father," the author writes "Your definition [of love] is a" what?
4. What does Sheila want to change her name to in "Sheila Gamberoni"?
5. Lupe think that she wants to be what when she finishes school in "Lupe"?
(a) A pilot or a pianist.
(b) A kindergarten teacher or pediatrician.
(c) A jockey or a geologist.
(d) An opera singer or a softball player.
6. What does Tyrone say Mr. Ward gave each of the students in the class in "Tyrone"?
(a) A book of their work.
(b) A bible.
(c) A gift certificate.
(d) A postcard.
7. How many more years of high school does Steve have to go in "Steve Ericson"?
(b) Half a year.
8. Who does Sheila write must love puzzles in "Private Puzzle"?
(b) The president.
9. Where does Janelle work as a tutor in "Janelle"?
(a) The public library.
(b) The high school.
(c) A private school.
(d) The middle school.
10. In "Self-Portrait: A Poem for my Father," the author writes that she is what?
11. What sister does Lupe say she'll miss when she goes away to college in "Lupe"?
12. Where did Steve's dad's family move when he was Steve's age, causing him to stop playing in a band in "Steve Ericson"?
13. Who does Porscha say tells her she has to learn to let people in in "Porscha Johnson"?
(b) Mr. Ward.
14. What does the author imagine behind her eye in the poem "Imagine"?
(a) Her brain.
(b) Computer circuitry.
(d) The universe.
15. Lupe says that she wants to go to college far from who and his drinking buddies in "Lupe"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Raynard say is his mother's favorite saying in "Raynard Patterson"?
2. In the poem "The Door," the author writes that she's been busy carving a door of what?
3. How long did it take a bully to make Porscha finally lose her restraint in "Porscha Johnson"?
4. What is the last line of "The Door"?
5. What does Tyrone say the room sounded like after the reading of "What's in a Name"?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)