|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the girl who Porscha Johnson beat up?
2. What does the author say is the "key that lets you into me" in "The Door"?
(a) "Your heart."
(b) "Your ear."
(c) "Your eyes."
(d) "Your mouth."
3. Who says jealousy is a waste of energy in "Amy Moscowitz"?
4. What does Raynard say is his mother's favorite saying in "Raynard Patterson"?
(a) "Like a knife through butter."
(b) "Finish what you start."
(c) "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy."
(d) "Rise and shine."
5. Who tells Steve ""Maybe your father's dream wasn't really in his heart. If a dream is in your heart, you never lose it" in "Steve Ericson"?
6. Who tells Lupe that she envies her in "Lupe"?
7. In "Self-Portrait: A Poem for my Father," the author writes "Your definition [of love] is a" what?
8. In his commentary after the poem "The Door," Tyrone says he was quoted in the newspaper saying "our poetry gives us" what?
9. Who does Porscha say tells her she has to learn to let people in in "Porscha Johnson"?
(b) Mr. Ward.
10. Who does Janelle say asked her to marry him yesterday in "Janelle"?
11. Porscha describes slamming her lunch tray down on the table across from who in "Porscha Johnson"?
(a) Tyrone and Diondra.
(b) Sheila and Amy.
(c) Judianne and Tanisha.
(d) Leslie and Chankara.
12. Porscha says that it's amazing how easy it is to get what in "Porscha Johnson"?
(a) Unhealthy food.
(b) A car loan.
(d) A bad reputation.
13. Lupe think that she wants to be what when she finishes school in "Lupe"?
(a) An opera singer or a softball player.
(b) A jockey or a geologist.
(c) A kindergarten teacher or pediatrician.
(d) A pilot or a pianist.
14. In his commentary on "Ode to Stone," Tyrone says "Man! That girl is as cold as" what?
(a) "The arctic tundra."
(b) "The ice in my freezer."
(c) "A canadian winter."
(d) "The snow on the ground."
15. How many syllables does the author write of in "Private Puzzle"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Letter to my Mother," the author writes of her mother having what in her arm?
2. Sheila says that if anybody had to catch her, she's glad it was who in "Sheila"?
3. In the poem "The Door," the author writes that she's been busy carving a door of what?
4. How long has it been since Sheila's dad took over the pizza parlor from her uncle in "Sheila Gamberoni"?
5. Amy claims her name is like her how in "Amy Moscowitz"?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)