|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whose point of view is the Epilogue written?
(b) Mr. Ward's.
(c) Mai Tren's.
2. What does Raynard say is his mother's favorite saying in "Raynard Patterson"?
(a) "Rise and shine."
(b) "Like a knife through butter."
(c) "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy."
(d) "Finish what you start."
3. Lupe think that she wants to be what when she finishes school in "Lupe"?
(a) A jockey or a geologist.
(b) A pilot or a pianist.
(c) An opera singer or a softball player.
(d) A kindergarten teacher or pediatrician.
4. What sister does Lupe say she'll miss when she goes away to college in "Lupe"?
5. How many syllables does the author write of in "Private Puzzle"?
6. In Tyrone's commentary on the poem "Doubtless," he says that he doesn't have any what in his crew?
(a) White boys.
7. Who is the only classmate Tyrone says got a closeup in the paper in the commentary after the poem "The Door"?
8. In "Private Puzzle," the author writes "But still I go on seeking an ____ slot to slip myself into."
9. Who does Porscha say came close to killing her more than once in "Porscha Johnson"?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her father.
10. How long has it been since Sheila's dad took over the pizza parlor from her uncle in "Sheila Gamberoni"?
(a) 7 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 5 years.
11. What does Chankara shove into Porscha's mouth in "Porscha Johnson"?
(c) Ice cream.
12. "Bronx Masquerade" was named the Coretta Scott King Award book in what year?
13. What is the last comment about dreams in the poem "Doubtless"?
(a) "They are forgotten."
(b) "They are so powerful."
(c) "They come and go."
(d) "They're portable."
14. In "Self-Portrait: A Poem for my Father," the author writes that she is what?
15. What does Mr. Ward tell Tyrone he plans to do with the videotape of the poems in "Tyrone"?
(a) Show them to his next class.
(b) Get it on t.v.
(c) Enter it in a national contest.
(d) Sell copies online.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lupe says that "getting to college takes more than" what in "Lupe"?
2. What does the newspaper headline say which Mr. Ward brings and shows the class?
3. What "hangs on the wall" in the poem "The Door"?
4. Whose walk does Sheila attempt to imitate in "Sheila"?
5. Who tells Lupe that she envies her in "Lupe"?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)