|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Porscha Johnson, p. 157 to Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the poem "The Door," the author asks if the reader's heart is like what, too?
(a) A potato.
(b) A pineapple.
(c) A strawberry.
(d) An onion.
2. What intersection in Harlem is described in "Long Live Langston"?
(a) Malcolm X Blvd and 128th.
(b) 151st and Amsterdam Ave.
(c) 145th and Broadway.
(d) Lenox and 7th.
3. What does Sterling say everyone calls him in "Sterling S. Hughes"?
4. In Tyrone's commentary on the poem "Doubtless," he says that he doesn't have any what in his crew?
(d) White boys.
5. What does Mr. Ward tell Tyrone he plans to do with the videotape of the poems in "Tyrone"?
(a) Sell copies online.
(b) Enter it in a national contest.
(c) Get it on t.v.
(d) Show them to his next class.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only person who knows that Diondra has been drawing since she was a child in "Diondra Jordan"?
2. What does the author of write in the final line after "P.S." in "A Letter to my Mother"?
3. Who does Tyrone say he had "figured him for a lightweight do-gooder who would last about five minutes in this neighborhood"?
4. In the poem "The Door," the author writes that she's been busy carving a door of what?
5. How tall is Diondra Jordan?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)