|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Porscha Johnson, p. 157 to Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose eye does Devon describe catching in the cafeteria line in "Devon"?
2. What book does Janelle slip onto Devon's desk in "Devon Hope"?
(a) The Rose That Grew From Concrete.
(b) The Panther & the Lash.
(c) The Holy Bible.
(d) The Jungle Book.
3. On what subject did Tanisha Scott ask Mr. Ward if she and two other girls could do a group project?
(a) The American Revolution.
(b) World War II.
(c) New York City history.
(d) Women of the Harlem Renaissance.
4. Who is the only person who knows that Diondra has been drawing since she was a child in "Diondra Jordan"?
5. Who does Sheila write must love puzzles in "Private Puzzle"?
(c) The president.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Janelle say the kids call her behind her back in "Janelle Battle"?
2. What is the name given to both a musical form and a music genre that originated in African-American communities of primarily the Deep South of the United States at the end of the 19th century from spirituals, work songs, field hollers, shouts and chants, and rhymed simple narrative ballads?
3. What does Janelle refer to herself as in "Janelle Battle"?
4. Sheila says that if anybody had to catch her, she's glad it was who in "Sheila"?
5. In "El Noche," the author writes of the earth being hollow as a what?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)