|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sheila, p. 133 to Tyrone, p. 145.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused the death of Porscha Johnson's mother in the narrative?
(c) Drive-by shooting.
(d) Drug overdose.
2. Who wrote "Preface to a Twenty Volume Suicide"?
(a) Mirza Alakbar Sabir.
(b) Abdul Rahman Munif.
(c) Ghulam Mustafa Khan.
(d) Imamu Amiri Baraka.
3. What is the name of the English teacher who encourages the students in the book?
(a) Mr. Boone.
(b) Mr. Jones.
(c) Mr. Ward.
(d) Mr. Smith.
4. What team does Devon say they are playing tonight in "Devon"?
(b) St. Mary's.
(c) Cherry Hill.
(d) Bronx Science.
5. What did Amy get sick with and have to go to the hospital for two years ago in "Amy Moscowitz"?
(a) The flu.
(c) Swine flu.
(d) Chicken pox.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sterling say has some direction in his life even if he "sounds like a thug in training" in "Sterling S. Hughes"?
2. Where does Janelle work as a tutor in "Janelle"?
3. Who does Tyrone say is right in thinking something is wrong with Sheila in "Tyrone"?
4. How many syllables does the author write of in "Private Puzzle"?
5. What refers to a famous time period in American history in which black writers, artists and musicians showcased their work in New York City?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)