|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Steve Ericson, p. 114 to News at Five, p. 132.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused the death of Porscha Johnson's mother in the narrative?
(b) Drug overdose.
(c) Drive-by shooting.
2. How long has it been since Sheila's dad took over the pizza parlor from her uncle in "Sheila Gamberoni"?
(a) 7 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 3 years.
3. What intersection in Harlem is described in "Long Live Langston"?
(a) Malcolm X Blvd and 128th.
(b) 151st and Amsterdam Ave.
(c) 145th and Broadway.
(d) Lenox and 7th.
4. The author writes in "If" of planting what kind of roses "in your garden"?
(b) Long stem.
5. Steve says that his mom still can't get past his wearing what in "Steve Ericson"?
(a) A suit.
(b) An earring.
(c) A watch.
(d) A tie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lupe's last name?
2. What setting is described in the poem "Ode to Stone"?
3. Who is Raynard Patterson's cousin?
4. What does the author claim to be by way of metaphor in the poem "Inside"?
5. What friend of Tanisha's does she say is also light-skinned in "Tanisha Scott"?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)