|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Steve Ericson, p. 114 to News at Five, p. 132.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Amy get sick with and have to go to the hospital for two years ago in "Amy Moscowitz"?
(a) The flu.
(b) Swine flu.
(c) Chicken pox.
2. What newspaper does Steve say is sending a reporter to cover Open Mike Fridays in "Steve Ericson"?
(a) The New York Times.
(b) The New York Post.
(c) The National Enquirer.
(d) The Bronx Insider.
3. Who does Devon claim is a "gangsta in sheep's clothing" in "Devon Hope"?
4. How long has it been since Sheila's dad took over the pizza parlor from her uncle in "Sheila Gamberoni"?
(a) 7 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 5 years.
5. What does the poet write "is not a crime" in the poem "Doubtless"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to a style of jazz characterized by fast tempo, instrumental virtuosity and improvisation based on the combination of harmonic structure and melody?
2. Who does Amy say thinks she's so tough she doesn't need anyone in "Amy Moscowitz"?
3. What is the name of Gloria's baby?
4. Whose eye does Devon describe catching in the cafeteria line in "Devon"?
5. With what other girls did Tanisha Scott ask Mr. Ward if they could do a group project?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)