|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Steve Ericson, p. 114 to News at Five, p. 132.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Judianne say every boy in school has a crush on in "Judianne Alexander"?
(a) Diondra Jordan.
(b) Chankara Troupe.
(c) Tanisha Scott.
(d) Gloria Martinez.
2. In Tyrone's commentary on the poem "Doubtless," he says that he doesn't have any what in his crew?
(a) White boys.
3. What is Lupe's last name?
4. Diondra says that her dad is not enthused about her artwork and wishes she'd do what instead, in "Diondra Jordan"?
(a) Go outside.
(b) Play with her dolls.
(c) Go to the library.
(d) Play basketball.
5. What does Janelle refer to herself as in "Janelle Battle"?
(a) "250 Pounds of Heaven."
(b) "Full Figured Goddess."
(d) "Thighs 'R' Us."
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Leslie Lucas," Leslie claims she likes Sheryl Crow while the other kids at her school like who?
2. What "infantile game" does Sterling say the guys at school are always trying to draw him into in "Sterling S. Hughes"?
3. Who tells Steve ""Maybe your father's dream wasn't really in his heart. If a dream is in your heart, you never lose it" in "Steve Ericson"?
4. What professional poet has Mr. Ward invited to read at the next Open Night Friday in "Steve Ericson"?
5. Who wrote the 1937 novel "Their Eyes Were Watching God"?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)