|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Devon, p. 82 to Tyrone, p. 101.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one thing "these ladies know how to do" according to Tyrone in his commentary of "El Noche"?
(a) Be sassy and confrontational.
(b) Be spiteful and mean.
(c) Be warm and tender.
(d) Be soft and strong.
2. What is the name of Gloria's baby?
3. Diondra says that her dad is not enthused about her artwork and wishes she'd do what instead, in "Diondra Jordan"?
(a) Go outside.
(b) Go to the library.
(c) Play with her dolls.
(d) Play basketball.
4. In "Leslie Lucas," Leslie claims she likes Sheryl Crow while the other kids at her school like who?
(b) Queen Latifah.
(c) Janet Jackson.
(d) Lauryn Hill.
5. Who does Tyrone describe as "all hopped up about working on Broadway" in "Tyrone Bitting"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "El Noche," the author writes of the earth being hollow as a what?
2. In the poem "Mirror, Mirror," the author describes who meeting in the mirror?
3. What is the name of the cousin Tanisha describes in "Tanisha Scott"?
4. Who does Leslie refer to as "the one girl in class almost nobody knows anything about" in "Leslie Lucas"?
5. Who does Tyrone say he had "figured him for a lightweight do-gooder who would last about five minutes in this neighborhood"?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)