|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Devon, p. 82 to Tyrone, p. 101.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Leslie refer to as "the one girl in class almost nobody knows anything about" in "Leslie Lucas"?
(a) Porscha Johnson.
(b) Sheila Gamberoni.
(c) Diondra Jordan.
(d) Amy Moscowitz.
2. What "infantile game" does Sterling say the guys at school are always trying to draw him into in "Sterling S. Hughes"?
(b) Butts up.
(c) The Dozens.
(d) Four square.
3. Who does Leslie claim "has the reputation for being a little touched in the head" in "Leslie Lucas"?
(a) Gloria Martinez.
(b) Raul Ramirez.
(c) Porscha Johnson.
(d) Tyrone Bittings.
4. What book does Janelle slip onto Devon's desk in "Devon Hope"?
(a) The Panther & the Lash.
(b) The Rose That Grew From Concrete.
(c) The Holy Bible.
(d) The Jungle Book.
5. What is the name given to both a musical form and a music genre that originated in African-American communities of primarily the Deep South of the United States at the end of the 19th century from spirituals, work songs, field hollers, shouts and chants, and rhymed simple narrative ballads?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Devon write is "the only box I belong in" in the poem "BlacK Box"?
2. When was Langston Hughes born?
3. Who does Tanisha elect to draw portraits for a group project in "Tanisha Scott"?
4. What does Sterling say he wants to be in "Sterling S. Hughes"?
5. Tanisha claims that she's so tired of people making a big deal over her good what in "Tanisha Scott"?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)