|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Devon, p. 82 to Tyrone, p. 101.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What basketball team member brushes Devon off when he suggests he read poetry in "Devon"?
2. What does Janelle refer to herself as in "Janelle Battle"?
(a) "Full Figured Goddess."
(b) "250 Pounds of Heaven."
(d) "Thighs 'R' Us."
3. Janelle wishes she were tall and elegant like who, in "Janelle Battle"?
4. Whose poem does Janelle say she cannot get out of her head in "Janelle"?
5. Who "tries to act like he's not even interested in school, like there's no point in studying hard, or dreaming about tomorrow, or bothering to graduate" in "Wesley Bad Boy Boone"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Tyrone's commentary following Diondra's poem "If," he says "If the sista read any faster, I'd be looking for her" what?
2. Who does Sterling say has some direction in his life even if he "sounds like a thug in training" in "Sterling S. Hughes"?
3. What does Janelle say the kids call her behind her back in "Janelle Battle"?
4. In "Attendance," the author writes, "We are all here, / Leslie and Bad Boy, Lupe and" who?
5. What intersection in Harlem is described in "Long Live Langston"?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)