|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Lupe, p. 65 to Tyrone, p. 81.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What famous music hall and theater where many black musicians and comedians started their careers is mentioned in "Long Live Langston"?
(a) Broadway Theatre.
(b) The Apollo.
(c) Ford's Theatre.
(d) Chicago Theatre.
2. What intersection in Harlem is described in "Long Live Langston"?
(a) 151st and Amsterdam Ave.
(b) Lenox and 7th.
(c) 145th and Broadway.
(d) Malcolm X Blvd and 128th.
3. In the poem "Mirror, Mirror," the author describes who meeting in the mirror?
4. What is the one thing Judianne says she learned from her mother in "Judianne Alexander"?
(a) How to garden.
(b) How to sew.
(c) How to play bridge.
(d) How to clean.
5. Who does Leslie claim "has the reputation for being a little touched in the head" in "Leslie Lucas"?
(a) Raul Ramirez.
(b) Porscha Johnson.
(c) Gloria Martinez.
(d) Tyrone Bittings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose poem does Janelle say she cannot get out of her head in "Janelle"?
2. In Tyrone's commentary following Diondra's poem "If," he says "If the sista read any faster, I'd be looking for her" what?
3. In "Wesley Bad Boy Boone," Wesley says he has the longest list of excuses for missing what?
4. With what other girls did Tanisha Scott ask Mr. Ward if they could do a group project?
5. Who does Judianne say she has "a thing for" in "Judianne Alexander"?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)