|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Lupe, p. 65 to Tyrone, p. 81.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Leslie say she grew up in "Leslie Lucas"?
(a) Westchester County.
(b) Riverside County.
(c) Humboldt County.
(d) King County.
2. What is the name of the English teacher who encourages the students in the book?
(a) Mr. Boone.
(b) Mr. Jones.
(c) Mr. Smith.
(d) Mr. Ward.
3. What does the author claim to be by way of metaphor in the poem "Inside"?
(a) A tree.
(b) A frog.
(c) A tiger.
(d) A coconut.
4. Who is the only person who knows that Diondra has been drawing since she was a child in "Diondra Jordan"?
5. What poet does Tyrone say sounds a lot like rap in "Tyrone Bitting"?
(a) Quincy Troupe.
(b) Claude McKay.
(c) Dylan Thomas.
(d) Walt Whitman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Janelle daydream as her last name in "Janelle Battle"?
2. What color eyes does Tanisha Scott have?
3. Who does Devon claim is a "gangsta in sheep's clothing" in "Devon Hope"?
4. After reading his poem in class, Wesley is told by "Teach" that he still expects what from him in "Wesley Bad Boy Boone"?
5. Who "tries to act like he's not even interested in school, like there's no point in studying hard, or dreaming about tomorrow, or bothering to graduate" in "Wesley Bad Boy Boone"?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)