|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Diondra Jordan p. 24 to Tyrone, p. 45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wesley says in "Wesley Bad Boy Boone" that if his friend "drops out and gets a J.O.B., he won't have any time to work on" what?
(a) His songs.
(b) His painting.
(c) His degree.
(d) His car.
2. In the poem "If," the author writes "If I stood on tiptoe / reached up and sculpted / mountains from ____ / would you laugh out loud?"
3. What refers to a style of jazz characterized by fast tempo, instrumental virtuosity and improvisation based on the combination of harmonic structure and melody?
4. The author writes in "If" of planting what kind of roses "in your garden"?
(b) Long stem.
5. Who does Devon say "hardly speaks, and he never hangs with any of the brothers I know" in "Devon Hope"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What book does Janelle slip onto Devon's desk in "Devon Hope"?
2. When was Langston Hughes born?
3. What is the name of the English teacher who encourages the students in the book?
4. Who does Devon claim is a "gangsta in sheep's clothing" in "Devon Hope"?
5. The author describes painting a ribbon of what "on your windowsill" in "If"?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)