|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Diondra Jordan p. 24 to Tyrone, p. 45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Tyrone describe as "all hopped up about working on Broadway" in "Tyrone Bitting"?
2. Diondra wishes she were as bold as who in "Diondra Jordan"?
3. Tyrone says that his dad didn't make it to what age because he was killed in a drive-by shooting in "Tyrone Bitting"?
4. What does Wesley say his friend wants to be, but doesn't think he'll live long enough to achieve it in "Wesley Bad Boy Boone"?
(a) A hip-hop star.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A basketball player.
(d) A football player.
5. In "Attendance," the author writes, "We are all here, / Leslie and Bad Boy, Lupe and" who?
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to a famous time period in American history in which black writers, artists and musicians showcased their work in New York City?
2. Diondra says that she likes drawing portraits in what medium in "Diondra Jordan"?
3. How tall is Diondra Jordan?
4. What famous music hall and theater where many black musicians and comedians started their careers is mentioned in "Long Live Langston"?
5. What book does Janelle slip onto Devon's desk in "Devon Hope"?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)