|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Diondra Jordan p. 24 to Tyrone, p. 45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Devon claim everyone calls him in "Devon Hope"?
(a) Hail Mary.
(b) Jump Shot.
(c) Free Throw.
(d) Penalty Shot.
2. Who does Devon claim is a "gangsta in sheep's clothing" in "Devon Hope"?
3. In 1943, Langston Hughes began publishing stories about what character who was an everyday black man in Harlem and offered musings on topical issues of the day?
(a) Daniel P. Everybody.
(b) Robert R. Average.
(c) Jesse B. Semple.
(d) John Q. Public.
4. Who does Tyrone describe as "all hopped up about working on Broadway" in "Tyrone Bitting"?
5. Wesley describes writing a poem about what poet in "Wesley Bad Boy Boone"?
(a) Jupiter Hammon.
(b) Maya Angelou.
(c) Langston Hughes.
(d) Gwendolyn Brooks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has long been something of an "outsider" art form that exists somewhere outside the mainstream, having been conceived in the 1920s by African-Americans?
2. Who does Devon say "hardly speaks, and he never hangs with any of the brothers I know" in "Devon Hope"?
3. What refers to a famous time period in American history in which black writers, artists and musicians showcased their work in New York City?
4. What famous music hall and theater where many black musicians and comedians started their careers is mentioned in "Long Live Langston"?
5. How tall is Diondra Jordan?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)