|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Diondra Jordan p. 24 to Tyrone, p. 45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wesley says in "Wesley Bad Boy Boone" that if his friend "drops out and gets a J.O.B., he won't have any time to work on" what?
(a) His degree.
(b) His car.
(c) His songs.
(d) His painting.
2. Who does Devon say "hardly speaks, and he never hangs with any of the brothers I know" in "Devon Hope"?
3. What is the name of the English teacher who encourages the students in the book?
(a) Mr. Boone.
(b) Mr. Smith.
(c) Mr. Jones.
(d) Mr. Ward.
4. What poet does Tyrone say sounds a lot like rap in "Tyrone Bitting"?
(a) Dylan Thomas.
(b) Claude McKay.
(c) Quincy Troupe.
(d) Walt Whitman.
5. Wesley describes writing a poem about what poet in "Wesley Bad Boy Boone"?
(a) Langston Hughes.
(b) Jupiter Hammon.
(c) Gwendolyn Brooks.
(d) Maya Angelou.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Langston Hughes born?
2. What intersection in Harlem is described in "Long Live Langston"?
3. Who is the only person who knows that Diondra has been drawing since she was a child in "Diondra Jordan"?
4. What refers to a style of jazz characterized by fast tempo, instrumental virtuosity and improvisation based on the combination of harmonic structure and melody?
5. Who does Tyrone describe as "all hopped up about working on Broadway" in "Tyrone Bitting"?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)