|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Lupe, p. 146 to Tyrone, p. 156.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What poet does Tyrone say sounds a lot like rap in "Tyrone Bitting"?
(a) Walt Whitman.
(b) Quincy Troupe.
(c) Claude McKay.
(d) Dylan Thomas.
2. Who "believes in praying for everybody and giving them the benefit of the doubt" according to Devon in "Devon Hope"?
3. Who tells Lupe that she envies her in "Lupe"?
4. Who "tries to act like he's not even interested in school, like there's no point in studying hard, or dreaming about tomorrow, or bothering to graduate" in "Wesley Bad Boy Boone"?
5. Whose eye does Devon describe catching in the cafeteria line in "Devon"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Leslie claim "has the reputation for being a little touched in the head" in "Leslie Lucas"?
2. What setting is described in the poem "Ode to Stone"?
3. What professional poet has Mr. Ward invited to read at the next Open Night Friday in "Steve Ericson"?
4. What does Sheila want to change her name to in "Sheila Gamberoni"?
5. What sister does Lupe say she'll miss when she goes away to college in "Lupe"?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)