|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Lupe, p. 146 to Tyrone, p. 156.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Tyrone's commentary following Diondra's poem "If," he says "If the sista read any faster, I'd be looking for her" what?
(a) Supergirl cape.
(b) X-ray glasses.
(c) Source of powers.
(d) Books on tape.
2. What does Wesley say his friend wants to be, but doesn't think he'll live long enough to achieve it in "Wesley Bad Boy Boone"?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A hip-hop star.
(c) A basketball player.
(d) A football player.
3. In "Leslie Lucas," Leslie claims she likes Sheryl Crow while the other kids at her school like who?
(b) Janet Jackson.
(c) Lauryn Hill.
(d) Queen Latifah.
4. What does Sterling play every Sunday in church in "Sterling S. Hughes"?
5. Lupe think that she wants to be what when she finishes school in "Lupe"?
(a) A pilot or a pianist.
(b) A kindergarten teacher or pediatrician.
(c) A jockey or a geologist.
(d) An opera singer or a softball player.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the poem "The Door," the author writes that she's been busy carving a door of what?
2. The author writes in "If" of planting what kind of roses "in your garden"?
3. Diondra wishes she were as bold as who in "Diondra Jordan"?
4. Who sends Lupe a note to ask if she's okay in "Lupe"?
5. Where does Leslie say she grew up in "Leslie Lucas"?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)