|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Lupe, p. 146 to Tyrone, p. 156.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author imagine behind her eye in the poem "Imagine"?
(a) The universe.
(b) Her brain.
(c) Computer circuitry.
2. Who is the only classmate Tyrone says got a closeup in the paper in the commentary after the poem "The Door"?
3. In "Ode to Stone," the author writes "Let me be _____ / and I promise / I'll show you how to take / a shellacking."
4. What church does Sterling say he attends in "Sterling S. Hughes"?
(a) The Mormon Church.
(b) Al Hamid Mosque.
(c) First Baptist Church.
(d) First Church of Christ.
5. Who does Tyrone describe as "all hopped up about working on Broadway" in "Tyrone Bitting"?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Langston Hughes born?
2. What basketball team member brushes Devon off when he suggests he read poetry in "Devon"?
3. On what subject did Tanisha Scott ask Mr. Ward if she and two other girls could do a group project?
4. Where did Lupe go on her date over the weekend in "Lupe"?
5. What is the name of the English teacher who encourages the students in the book?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)