|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Lupe, p. 146 to Tyrone, p. 156.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old does the poet say he was when he looked to heaven in "Doubtless"?
2. What did Diondra's father find laying out last night in "Diondra"?
(a) Yurt catalogs.
(b) Newspaper clippings.
(c) Art school brochures.
(d) Old photographs.
3. Who is the author of "God's Trombones"?
(a) Thomas Hardy.
(b) Evelyn Waugh.
(c) James Weldon Johnson.
(d) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
4. Lupe says that "getting to college takes more than" what in "Lupe"?
(a) Good looks.
5. On what subject did Tanisha Scott ask Mr. Ward if she and two other girls could do a group project?
(a) World War II.
(b) The American Revolution.
(c) New York City history.
(d) Women of the Harlem Renaissance.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the poem "Imagine," the author writes of "Papi's laughter tinkling in my" what age ears?
2. Where did Steve's dad say the family was moving to in "Steve Ericson"?
3. What sister does Lupe say she'll miss when she goes away to college in "Lupe"?
4. What job does Steve want to have one day in "Steve Ericson"?
5. What does Sheila say they used to call Judianne in "Sheila Gamberoni"?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)