|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Janelle Battle, p. 46 to Tyrone, p. 64.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Tyrone describe as "all hopped up about working on Broadway" in "Tyrone Bitting"?
2. In "Wesley Bad Boy Boone," Wesley says he has the longest list of excuses for missing what?
(b) His girlfriend.
3. What is the buoy called in the poem "Common Ground"?
4. What intersection in Harlem is described in "Long Live Langston"?
(a) 145th and Broadway.
(b) Malcolm X Blvd and 128th.
(c) Lenox and 7th.
(d) 151st and Amsterdam Ave.
5. Who does Leslie refer to as "the one girl in class almost nobody knows anything about" in "Leslie Lucas"?
(a) Sheila Gamberoni.
(b) Diondra Jordan.
(c) Amy Moscowitz.
(d) Porscha Johnson.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the poem "If," the author writes "If I stood on tiptoe / reached up and sculpted / mountains from ____ / would you laugh out loud?"
2. What does Wesley say his friend wants to be, but doesn't think he'll live long enough to achieve it in "Wesley Bad Boy Boone"?
3. Janelle wishes she were tall and elegant like who, in "Janelle Battle"?
4. Where does Leslie say she grew up in "Leslie Lucas"?
5. What does the author claim to be by way of metaphor in the poem "Inside"?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)