|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Amy Moscowitz, p. 102 to Tyrone, p. 113.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Sterling's little brother suffering from when his mom prayed and he became better in "Sterling S. Hughes"?
(c) West Nile Virus.
(d) A broken leg.
2. With what other girls did Tanisha Scott ask Mr. Ward if they could do a group project?
(a) Chankara and Porscha.
(b) Lupe and Chankara.
(c) Porscha and Amy.
(d) Diondra and Janelle.
3. In his commentary on "Ode to Stone," Tyrone says "Man! That girl is as cold as" what?
(a) "The ice in my freezer."
(b) "A canadian winter."
(c) "The arctic tundra."
(d) "The snow on the ground."
4. Who does Tanisha elect to draw portraits for a group project in "Tanisha Scott"?
5. Where does Devon sneak off to when he tells his friends he's going to basketball practice in "Devon Hope"?
(a) The police station.
(b) A park.
(d) The library.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tanisha say she once washed her hair with in order to have afros like her cousins in "Tanisha Scott"?
2. Who wrote "Preface to a Twenty Volume Suicide"?
3. What "infantile game" does Sterling say the guys at school are always trying to draw him into in "Sterling S. Hughes"?
4. What does Janelle daydream as her last name in "Janelle Battle"?
5. What basketball team member brushes Devon off when he suggests he read poetry in "Devon"?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)