|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sheila, p. 133 to Tyrone, p. 145.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Janelle say the kids call her behind her back in "Janelle Battle"?
(a) "Muffin Top."
(b) "The Jiggle Queen."
(c) "Battle of the Bulge."
(d) "Shamu the Whale."
2. In the poem "The Door," the author asks if the reader's heart is like what, too?
(a) A strawberry.
(b) An onion.
(c) A pineapple.
(d) A potato.
3. What basketball team member brushes Devon off when he suggests he read poetry in "Devon"?
4. What team does Devon say they are playing tonight in "Devon"?
(a) Bronx Science.
(c) Cherry Hill.
(d) St. Mary's.
5. What "infantile game" does Sterling say the guys at school are always trying to draw him into in "Sterling S. Hughes"?
(a) Butts up.
(b) The Dozens.
(c) Four square.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Janelle daydream as her last name in "Janelle Battle"?
2. Devon says that he feels like he's trying to break out of a box that says what, in "Devon"?
3. What is the last line of "The Door"?
4. What does Sterling play every Sunday in church in "Sterling S. Hughes"?
5. Who does Leslie refer to as "the one girl in class almost nobody knows anything about" in "Leslie Lucas"?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)