|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sheila, p. 133 to Tyrone, p. 145.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote "Preface to a Twenty Volume Suicide"?
(a) Abdul Rahman Munif.
(b) Mirza Alakbar Sabir.
(c) Imamu Amiri Baraka.
(d) Ghulam Mustafa Khan.
2. How old is the person who asked Janelle to marry him in "Janelle"?
3. What church does Sterling say he attends in "Sterling S. Hughes"?
(a) Al Hamid Mosque.
(b) First Church of Christ.
(c) First Baptist Church.
(d) The Mormon Church.
4. Sheila says that if anybody had to catch her, she's glad it was who in "Sheila"?
5. In his commentary after the poem "The Door," Tyrone says the newspaper said the poetry was what in addition to "rich in positive messages"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sterling say has some direction in his life even if he "sounds like a thug in training" in "Sterling S. Hughes"?
2. What does the author say is the "key that lets you into me" in "The Door"?
3. What does the "S." in "Sterling S. Hughes" stand for?
4. What does Devon write is "the only box I belong in" in the poem "BlacK Box"?
5. Who does Judianne say she has "a thing for" in "Judianne Alexander"?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)