|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sheila, p. 133 to Tyrone, p. 145.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What "infantile game" does Sterling say the guys at school are always trying to draw him into in "Sterling S. Hughes"?
(a) Four square.
(c) The Dozens.
(d) Butts up.
2. What basketball team member brushes Devon off when he suggests he read poetry in "Devon"?
3. Who does Judianne say she has "a thing for" in "Judianne Alexander"?
4. Who does Tyrone say he had "figured him for a lightweight do-gooder who would last about five minutes in this neighborhood"?
(b) Mr. Ward.
5. In his commentary after the poem "The Door," Tyrone says he was quoted in the newspaper saying "our poetry gives us" what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Leslie claim "has the reputation for being a little touched in the head" in "Leslie Lucas"?
2. How old is the person who asked Janelle to marry him in "Janelle"?
3. Where does Leslie say she grew up in "Leslie Lucas"?
4. In "Leslie Lucas," Leslie claims she likes Sheryl Crow while the other kids at her school like who?
5. What does the "S." in "Sterling S. Hughes" stand for?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)