|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sheila, p. 133 to Tyrone, p. 145.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose eye does Devon describe catching in the cafeteria line in "Devon"?
2. In "Leslie Lucas," Leslie claims she likes Sheryl Crow while the other kids at her school like who?
(a) Janet Jackson.
(b) Queen Latifah.
(c) Lauryn Hill.
3. How old is the person who asked Janelle to marry him in "Janelle"?
4. In the poem "The Door," the author writes that she's been busy carving a door of what?
5. In the poem "The Door," the author asks if the reader's heart is like what, too?
(a) A potato.
(b) An onion.
(c) A strawberry.
(d) A pineapple.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Janelle say asked her to marry him yesterday in "Janelle"?
2. Devon says that he feels like he's trying to break out of a box that says what, in "Devon"?
3. What caused the death of Porscha Johnson's mother in the narrative?
4. In the poem "Inside," the author writes [I] "feel you poke me / with the sharp tip of your" what?
5. Who does Leslie claim "has the reputation for being a little touched in the head" in "Leslie Lucas"?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)