|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sheila, p. 133 to Tyrone, p. 145.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say is the "key that lets you into me" in "The Door"?
(a) "Your heart."
(b) "Your eyes."
(c) "Your mouth."
(d) "Your ear."
2. What is the buoy called in the poem "Common Ground"?
3. What does the "S." in "Sterling S. Hughes" stand for?
4. In his commentary after the poem "The Door," Tyrone says the newspaper said the poetry was what in addition to "rich in positive messages"?
5. What basketball team member brushes Devon off when he suggests he read poetry in "Devon"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose walk does Sheila attempt to imitate in "Sheila"?
2. In "Leslie Lucas," Leslie claims she likes Sheryl Crow while the other kids at her school like who?
3. How old is the person who asked Janelle to marry him in "Janelle"?
4. What does the author claim to be by way of metaphor in the poem "Inside"?
5. What does Devon write is "the only box I belong in" in the poem "BlacK Box"?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)