Wesley Bad Boy Boone to Tyrone p. 23
• In "Wesley 'Bad Boy' Boone," Wesley says he does not like homework.
• Tyrone, Wesley's friend, does not care about school, but Wesley keeps Tyrone going to school.
• In Mr. Ward's English class, they study the Harlem Renaissance; Wesley writes a tribute poem to Langston Hughes and Mr. Ward asks him to read it aloud to the class.
• In "Tyrone Bittings," Tyrone is an angry kid who thinks school is a joke.
• White folks tell Tyrone about a future that will never happen; Tyrone's father was shot and killed before he turned 30 years-old in a drive-by shooting.
• Tyrone gets excited when Mr. Ward announces Open Mike Fridays at the end of every month; Tyrone says if he does ever have a future, he wants to be a rap artist and poet.
• In "Chankara Troupe," Chankara has been beat up by a boy...
This section contains 1,980 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)