|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michael notice is a pattern in Gina's art?
2. What mode of transportation does the character in chapter 18 use?
3. What point of view does the author use in chapter 18?
4. Who is Rudy Hahn?
5. What color hair does Irma Kominsky have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens soon after the dinner Striker shares with Irma and her husband, Sammy?
2. What story does Irma Kosminsky tell Striker over dinner in chapter 21?
3. What car accident does Striker witness in chapter 22? How is this ironic?
4. What odd behaviors on the part of Gina Lorenzini does Michael O'Casey overlook due to his amorous feelings for her?
5. What character seems to tell Striker how he can pull Irma out of her depression in chapter 21?
6. How do the Hawaiian shirts becomes something of a symbol between Striker and Irma in chapter 21?
7. How does Wanda's knowledge of her parents' relationship compare with what Striker has revealed to the reader in part two of the novel?
8. Why does Gina become pregnant soon after marrying Michael even though she has told him she does not wish to have children?
9. How does the author draw parallels between Wanda Schultz and M.J. Striker in part two?
10. Who is M.J. Striker and why has he come to work at the Aloha Lanes bowling alley in chapter 20?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Wanda Schultz? Why is she so depressed? What happened to Wanda's ex-lover? What happened to Wanda's parents? Why was Wanda adopted? What does Wanda do for a career? What does Margaret call Wanda? Why? Why does Wanda keep searching for her ex-lover? What happens when Troy tries to help her? Who did Wanda really see when she thought she saw Peter? How is Wanda injured? Why does she refuse to speak?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss one of the following style elements in an essay, using quotes or other examples from the novel to support your conclusions:
2) Point of View
Essay Topic 3
Discuss one of the following relationships in detail, using quotes from "Broken for You" to support your conclusions:
1) Margaret and Wanda
2) Margaret and Cassandra
3) Margaret and Stephen
4) Margaret and her father.
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)