|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bird does Gina remind Michael of in the picture he took at the bowling alley in chapter 19?
(a) A mockingbird.
(b) A stork.
(c) A swan.
(d) An eagle.
2. What does Striker call Irma in the privacy of his own mind in chapter 22?
(a) The saint.
(b) The Jew.
(c) The old lady.
(d) The martyr.
3. Who is Rudy Hahn?
(a) The manager of Aloha Lanes.
(b) The manager of the Safeway.
(c) The manager of the city bus line.
(d) The manager of the YMCA.
4. How does the author suggest meeting in a bowling alley is a good metaphor for Micheal's relationship with Gina?
(a) It is one of their favorite places.
(b) It is a place where happiness is inevitable.
(c) It is a soundtrack of collision.
(d) It is a dangerous and moody place.
5. What does Striker hear as he continues to walk to Aloha Lanes at the end of chapter 22?
(a) Someone calling for their father.
(b) A child crying.
(c) Someone arguing.
(d) Someone calling a name, not his.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the character in chapter 18 regret mailing?
2. What role does Striker imagine himself playing in the midst of a car accident at the end of chapter 22?
3. What television show does Irma and Striker watch after dinner in chapter 21?
4. What point of view does the author use in chapter 18?
5. What item does the character in chapter 18 have in his backpack wrapped in bubble wrap?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Michael leave his daughter and go in search of his missing wife in chapter 19?
2. How does Wanda's knowledge of her parents' relationship compare with what Striker has revealed to the reader in part two of the novel?
3. What does Striker see in the street in chapter 22? How does this make Striker feel?
4. How does the author draw parallels between Wanda Schultz and M.J. Striker in part two?
5. What picture does Striker have of his wife and how does this connect him with Wanda Schultz?
6. Why does Gina become pregnant soon after marrying Michael even though she has told him she does not wish to have children?
7. What character seems to tell Striker how he can pull Irma out of her depression in chapter 21?
8. What is Yeats and what does it stand for in Striker's life?
9. Who is M.J. Striker and why has he come to work at the Aloha Lanes bowling alley in chapter 20?
10. In the beginning of Part Two, how does the narration change?
This section contains 1,012 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)