|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Michael O'Casey like bowling alleys?
(a) He likes the rental shoes.
(b) He likes the sport.
(c) He likes the silence.
(d) He likes the noise and action.
2. What does Michael, aka Striker, hope to draw on to get work in Seattle?
(a) His experience in bowling alleys.
(b) His frequent moves around the country.
(c) His knowledge of Yeats.
(d) His willingness to do the grunt work.
3. Who sends Striker to Irma's apartment in chapter 21 after she fails to show up at the bowling alley on her usual day?
4. What does the character in chapter 18 regret mailing?
(a) A postcard.
(b) A letter to his daughter.
(c) An Easter card.
(d) A picture to an ex-lover.
5. What type of plant does Irma call hearty in chapter 21?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offers to help Michael and Gina with baby Wanda?
2. What language does Irma sing in prior to beginning dinner in chapter 21?
3. What is 'Blues in the Night'?
4. What does Michael notice is a pattern in Gina's art?
5. What type of mood does Irma promise to create at dinner for Striker in chapter 21?
Short Essay Questions
1. What odd behaviors on the part of Gina Lorenzini does Michael O'Casey overlook due to his amorous feelings for her?
2. What character seems to tell Striker how he can pull Irma out of her depression in chapter 21?
3. Why does Michael leave his daughter and go in search of his missing wife in chapter 19?
4. What story does Irma Kosminsky tell Striker over dinner in chapter 21?
5. How does the author draw parallels between Wanda Schultz and M.J. Striker in part two?
6. How do the Hawaiian shirts becomes something of a symbol between Striker and Irma in chapter 21?
7. Why does Gina become pregnant soon after marrying Michael even though she has told him she does not wish to have children?
8. What happens soon after the dinner Striker shares with Irma and her husband, Sammy?
9. Why is Michael forced to quit college after marrying Gina?
10. How does Striker feel about religion, as the reader learns in chapter 21?
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)