|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role does Striker imagine himself playing in the midst of a car accident at the end of chapter 22?
(c) Peace maker.
2. Who does Michael take Gina to meet early in their relationship?
(a) Jerry, his uncle.
(b) Maureen, his sister.
(c) Art, his brother.
(d) Wanda, his cousin.
3. How did Irma meet her current husband?
(a) He was a fellow prisoner at the concentration camp.
(b) He was an immigration official.
(c) He was a gardener at her childhood home.
(d) He was a soldier with the Allies.
4. What did Gina leave behind for Michael in chapter 19 after their first night together?
(a) A book of poems.
(b) A long love letter.
(c) A drawing of him sleeping.
(d) A brief note of goodbye.
5. What item does Striker see a young man pick up off the street after a car accident in chapter 22?
(a) A purse.
(b) A jacket.
(c) A shoe.
(d) A piece of jewelry.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what religion does Michael O'Casey say he owes his romantic life?
2. What language does Irma sing in prior to beginning dinner in chapter 21?
3. How long has Michael been searching for his wife, as mentioned in chapter 20?
4. Who does Striker see getting out of an SUV on the street after a car accident in chapter 22?
5. What color hair does Irma Kominsky have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What odd behaviors on the part of Gina Lorenzini does Michael O'Casey overlook due to his amorous feelings for her?
2. How does the author draw parallels between Striker and Irma concerning their painful pasts?
3. Why does Gina become pregnant soon after marrying Michael even though she has told him she does not wish to have children?
4. How does Wanda's knowledge of her parents' relationship compare with what Striker has revealed to the reader in part two of the novel?
5. In the beginning of Part Two, how does the narration change?
6. What does Striker see in the street in chapter 22? How does this make Striker feel?
7. Why does Michael leave his daughter and go in search of his missing wife in chapter 19?
8. What is Yeats and what does it stand for in Striker's life?
9. How does the author draw parallels between Wanda Schultz and M.J. Striker in part two?
10. How does Striker feel about religion, as the reader learns in chapter 21?
This section contains 1,080 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)