|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose bedroom does Wanda now occupy in Margaret's house?
(a) Margaret's childhood bedroom.
(b) The nanny's room.
(c) Daniel's room.
(d) The maid's room.
2. Why does Margaret wake Wanda at five in the morning in chapter 14?
(a) To celebrate Easter.
(b) To write an ad for another roommate.
(c) To share her bad dream.
(d) To drive her to the doctor.
3. What does Margaret show Wanda that was a piece of art Stephen once made in chapter 13?
(a) A drawing of a Madonna.
(b) A painting of her.
(c) A caricature on a wall.
(d) A mosaic on a wall.
4. What two attributes does Wanda assign to Margaret that gives her great comfort?
(a) Insane and depressive.
(b) Intelligent and witty.
(c) Funny and witty.
(d) Aggrieved and crazy.
5. In what city did Wanda and her parents live?
(d) Los Angeles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does a waitress have that Margaret notices in chapter 1?
2. Where does Stephen draw a picture of Margaret in chapter 5?
3. What does Wanda notice in chapter 15 is one common thread among many of the people responding to Margaret's ad for a new roommate?
4. What type of classes did one of the potential applicants for Margaret's roommate did the woman want to hold in the house?
5. What does Margaret have a strong impulse to call the valet at the Hotel Orleans?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes the decline of Stephen and Margaret's marriage?
2. Why does Wanda interview the clerk at a second hand record store? Who does she pretend to be?
3. What is significant about the day Margaret's mother died? What happens to Margaret in the aftermath of her mother's death?
4. What role does Stephen play in Margaret's life now that the two are divorced?
5. Why does Margaret insist on allow Wanda to use her car? Why does Wanda hesitate?
6. Who does Margaret take to the opening night of Wanda's play? What does Margaret give to Wanda after the play is over?
7. What does Margaret begin seeing in chapter 8? What is this a symptom of?
8. What brought Wanda to Seattle? Why?
9. Who is the first respondent to Margaret's ad for a roommate? Why does Margaret like this first respondent?
10. What happened to Wanda's parents that caused her to live with her aunt and uncle?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)