|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two attributes does Wanda assign to Margaret that gives her great comfort?
(a) Intelligent and witty.
(b) Insane and depressive.
(c) Funny and witty.
(d) Aggrieved and crazy.
2. What kind of pets did one applicant to e Margaret's roommate own?
3. What item does the author suggest you might pick up off a desk in the prologue?
(a) A figurine.
(b) A pen.
(c) A letter.
(d) A flash drive.
4. What did Peter tell Wanda he needed to do with his life that led to their separation, as Wanda explains it in chapter 2?
(a) He needed to concentrate on his work.
(b) He needed to simplify his life.
(c) He needed to spend time with his family.
(d) He needed to have time to find himself.
5. Who does Margaret think Wanda is buttering up with her constant compliments on the decor in the house in chapter 2?
(a) Margaret's former tenant.
(b) Margaret's ex-husband.
(d) Margaret's housemates.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the author describing in the prologue?
2. Whose bedroom does Wanda now occupy in Margaret's house?
3. What does Oscar Hauptmann tell Margaret caused the death of her mother?
4. What does Wanda think of in chapter 16 as the paramedics load her into the ambulance?
5. What does the author suggest you do at the end of the prologue?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Margaret insist on allow Wanda to use her car? Why does Wanda hesitate?
2. What role does Stephen play in Margaret's life now that the two are divorced?
3. What is significant about the day Margaret's mother died? What happens to Margaret in the aftermath of her mother's death?
4. Why does Wanda interview the clerk at a second hand record store? Who does she pretend to be?
5. What was life like for Wanda when she lived with the Schultz family?
6. What does Margaret begin seeing in chapter 8? What is this a symptom of?
7. Why does Margaret go to the Hotel Orleans in chapter 10? Who does she meet there?
8. Why do Margaret and Wanda begin breaking plates in chapter 13? What is the purpose?
9. How is Daniel Hughes killed? What happens to Margaret in the aftermath of his death?
10. What does Margaret think she hears Wanda doing in the bathroom during their initial interview? Why does Wanda do this?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)