|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nickname does Margaret give to Wanda in chapter 13?
2. Who does Susan bring with her in chapter 15 when she comes to interview to be Margaret and Wanda's new roommate?
(a) Her former roommates.
(b) Her cousin and boyfriend.
(c) Her husband and two children.
(d) The children she cares for.
3. What item does a waitress have that Margaret notices in chapter 1?
(a) A nose ring.
(b) A tongue ring.
(c) A belly button ring.
(d) A toe ring.
4. What is the ritual that Margaret has grown used to Wanda conducting each morning?
(a) Wanda exercising.
(b) Wanda making breakfast.
(c) Wanda painting her nails.
(d) Wanda making coffee.
5. What is Wanda's profession?
(a) She is an actress.
(b) She is an artist.
(c) She is a dancer.
(d) She is a stage manager.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country does the valet at the Hotel Orleans say most guests feel they have visited after staying at the hotel?
2. Whose bedroom does Wanda now occupy in Margaret's house?
3. Where does Margaret tell Wanda most of the collectibles in her house came from in chapter 3?
4. What two rooms did the only girl in the Schultz family have all to herself?
5. Who does Margaret see alongside her mother in chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the author introduce a dream that both Wanda and Margaret are having in chapter 7?
2. What role does Stephen play in Margaret's life now that the two are divorced?
3. What does Margaret think she hears Wanda doing in the bathroom during their initial interview? Why does Wanda do this?
4. What does Margaret begin seeing in chapter 8? What is this a symptom of?
5. What brought Wanda to Seattle? Why?
6. For what reason does Margaret decide to invite another person to live in her house? What is this new roommate's profession?
7. Who does Margaret take to the opening night of Wanda's play? What does Margaret give to Wanda after the play is over?
8. What causes the decline of Stephen and Margaret's marriage?
9. How is Daniel Hughes killed? What happens to Margaret in the aftermath of his death?
10. Who is the first respondent to Margaret's ad for a roommate? Why does Margaret like this first respondent?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)