|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose bedroom does Wanda now occupy in Margaret's house?
(a) The nanny's room.
(b) Margaret's childhood bedroom.
(c) Daniel's room.
(d) The maid's room.
2. What two attributes does Wanda assign to Margaret that gives her great comfort?
(a) Aggrieved and crazy.
(b) Funny and witty.
(c) Intelligent and witty.
(d) Insane and depressive.
3. Who is weeping in the prologue?
4. What type of classes did one of the potential applicants for Margaret's roommate did the woman want to hold in the house?
(a) A poetry class.
(b) Lamaze classes.
(c) Book club gatherings.
(d) Bible classes.
5. Who is diagnosed with a dire health ailment in chapter 1?
(a) Margaret Hughes.
(b) Irma Kominsky.
(c) Wanda Schultz.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Creative Visualization?
2. What did Peter tell Wanda he needed to do with his life that led to their separation, as Wanda explains it in chapter 2?
3. Who was the only girl in the Schultz family named after?
4. Who tells Margaret she should not allow Wanda to borrow her car in chapter 8?
5. What two rooms did the only girl in the Schultz family have all to herself?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is significant about the day Margaret's mother died? What happens to Margaret in the aftermath of her mother's death?
2. What does Margaret think she hears Wanda doing in the bathroom during their initial interview? Why does Wanda do this?
3. Why does Margaret insist on allow Wanda to use her car? Why does Wanda hesitate?
4. What brought Wanda to Seattle? Why?
5. How is Daniel Hughes killed? What happens to Margaret in the aftermath of his death?
6. Who is the first respondent to Margaret's ad for a roommate? Why does Margaret like this first respondent?
7. For what reason does Margaret decide to invite another person to live in her house? What is this new roommate's profession?
8. Why does Margaret go to the Hotel Orleans in chapter 10? Who does she meet there?
9. What role does Stephen play in Margaret's life now that the two are divorced?
10. Who does Margaret take to the opening night of Wanda's play? What does Margaret give to Wanda after the play is over?
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)