|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author suggest meeting in a bowling alley is a good metaphor for Micheal's relationship with Gina?
(a) It is a soundtrack of collision.
(b) It is a place where happiness is inevitable.
(c) It is one of their favorite places.
(d) It is a dangerous and moody place.
2. What does Michael, aka Striker, hope to draw on to get work in Seattle?
(a) His experience in bowling alleys.
(b) His willingness to do the grunt work.
(c) His knowledge of Yeats.
(d) His frequent moves around the country.
3. Who is Sammy?
(a) Irma's cousin.
(b) Irma's cat.
(c) Irma's husband.
(d) Irma's son.
4. How long before Wanda and Margaret meet does part 2 begin?
(a) Two years.
(b) A year.
(c) A few months.
(d) A few weeks.
5. Why does Michael stop sending postcards to Maureen to let her know where he was in chapter 19?
(a) To avoid his creditors.
(b) To punish her for stealing his child.
(c) To help Wanda forget him.
(d) To avoid her lectures.
6. Who does Striker see getting out of an SUV on the street after a car accident in chapter 22?
(a) A group of young women.
(b) A group of boys.
(c) A group of elderly men.
(d) A group of elderly ladies.
7. What item does Striker see a young man pick up off the street after a car accident in chapter 22?
(a) A piece of jewelry.
(b) A shoe.
(c) A jacket.
(d) A purse.
8. What type of mood does Irma promise to create at dinner for Striker in chapter 21?
9. Who is Rudy Hahn?
(a) The manager of Aloha Lanes.
(b) The manager of the YMCA.
(c) The manager of the Safeway.
(d) The manager of the city bus line.
10. What does Gina destroy shortly before the birth of her daughter?
(a) Michael's poetry.
(b) All her paintbrushes.
(c) Michael's school books.
(d) All her paintings.
11. Who is Maurice?
(a) Irma's deaf dog.
(b) Irma's hamster.
(c) Irma's rescued rat.
(d) Irma's crippled cat.
12. What role does Striker imagine himself playing in the midst of a car accident at the end of chapter 22?
(a) Peace maker.
13. What bird does Gina remind Michael of in the picture he took at the bowling alley in chapter 19?
(a) A mockingbird.
(b) A swan.
(c) A stork.
(d) An eagle.
14. Why does Michael begin taking Wanda to work with him?
(a) She needs extra help with learning to speak.
(b) She broke her arm.
(c) She wants to be with her father.
(d) She is lonely at home.
15. What language does Irma sing in prior to beginning dinner in chapter 21?
Short Answer Questions
1. What point of view does the author use in chapter 18?
2. Over what business does Gina live in chapter 19?
3. What television show does Irma and Striker watch after dinner in chapter 21?
4. What feature sits prominently in the lobby of Aloha Lanes?
5. What game does Striker play at Irma's in chapter 21 after dinner?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)