|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Striker hear as he continues to walk to Aloha Lanes at the end of chapter 22?
(a) Someone arguing.
(b) A child crying.
(c) Someone calling a name, not his.
(d) Someone calling for their father.
2. What does Irma Kominsky give to Striker upon her return from Hawaii in chapter 21?
(a) A lei.
(b) A paper umbrella.
(c) A tiki statue.
(d) A Hawaiian shirt.
3. What does Michael, aka Striker, hope to draw on to get work in Seattle?
(a) His frequent moves around the country.
(b) His knowledge of Yeats.
(c) His willingness to do the grunt work.
(d) His experience in bowling alleys.
4. What does Michael notice is a pattern in Gina's art?
(a) She draws herself plump and distorted.
(b) She draws herself sallow and without varnish.
(c) She draws herself as an saint.
(d) She draws herself prettier than she is.
5. How did Irma meet her current husband?
(a) He was a soldier with the Allies.
(b) He was an immigration official.
(c) He was a gardener at her childhood home.
(d) He was a fellow prisoner at the concentration camp.
6. What year did Michael take a photograph of Gina and Wanda in the bowling alley that he liked so much he ordered two prints?
7. What mode of transportation does the character in chapter 18 use?
(b) City bus.
(c) An old jalopy.
(d) Greyhound bus.
8. What television show does Irma and Striker watch after dinner in chapter 21?
(a) Family Feud.
(b) The Price is Right.
(d) Wheel of Fortune.
9. How does the author suggest meeting in a bowling alley is a good metaphor for Micheal's relationship with Gina?
(a) It is one of their favorite places.
(b) It is a dangerous and moody place.
(c) It is a place where happiness is inevitable.
(d) It is a soundtrack of collision.
10. Who does Michael take Gina to meet early in their relationship?
(a) Art, his brother.
(b) Maureen, his sister.
(c) Wanda, his cousin.
(d) Jerry, his uncle.
11. What type of jewelry does Striker notice Rudy wearing at the their initial meeting?
(a) An earring.
(b) A nose ring.
(c) A wedding ring.
(d) A huge crucifix.
12. Who shows Striker where to find Irma's hair dye kit in chapter 21?
13. What type of mood does Irma promise to create at dinner for Striker in chapter 21?
14. Why does Michael O'Casey like bowling alleys?
(a) He likes the silence.
(b) He likes the sport.
(c) He likes the rental shoes.
(d) He likes the noise and action.
15. Why does Michael begin taking Wanda to work with him?
(a) She is lonely at home.
(b) She needs extra help with learning to speak.
(c) She broke her arm.
(d) She wants to be with her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does Striker see a young man pick up off the street after a car accident in chapter 22?
2. Who is Sammy?
3. To whom does Irma say a lone tea cup she displays in her living room belonged?
4. Who is Maurice?
5. Who is Jerry?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)