|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Michael take Gina to meet early in their relationship?
(a) Maureen, his sister.
(b) Jerry, his uncle.
(c) Art, his brother.
(d) Wanda, his cousin.
2. What did Gina leave behind for Michael in chapter 19 after their first night together?
(a) A drawing of him sleeping.
(b) A long love letter.
(c) A book of poems.
(d) A brief note of goodbye.
3. What mode of transportation does the character in chapter 18 use?
(a) Greyhound bus.
(b) City bus.
(d) An old jalopy.
4. How often does Striker begin sharing the evening meal with Irma in chapter 21?
(a) Every other Sunday.
(b) Four nights a week.
(c) Twice a week.
(d) Once a week.
5. Why does Michael stop sending postcards to Maureen to let her know where he was in chapter 19?
(a) To help Wanda forget him.
(b) To avoid his creditors.
(c) To avoid her lectures.
(d) To punish her for stealing his child.
6. What animal does the author compare her character to in chapter 18?
(a) A bird.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A mollusk.
(d) A bear.
7. How long before Wanda and Margaret meet does part 2 begin?
(a) Two years.
(b) A year.
(c) A few weeks.
(d) A few months.
8. Who is Sammy?
(a) Irma's cat.
(b) Irma's cousin.
(c) Irma's husband.
(d) Irma's son.
9. Why does Michael begin taking Wanda to work with him?
(a) She broke her arm.
(b) She needs extra help with learning to speak.
(c) She is lonely at home.
(d) She wants to be with her father.
10. What does Striker hear as he continues to walk to Aloha Lanes at the end of chapter 22?
(a) A child crying.
(b) Someone calling for their father.
(c) Someone calling a name, not his.
(d) Someone arguing.
11. What item does Striker see a young man pick up off the street after a car accident in chapter 22?
(a) A jacket.
(b) A shoe.
(c) A piece of jewelry.
(d) A purse.
12. In chapter 22, what does Striker see across the street as he walks to Aloha Lanes?
(a) A woman crying.
(b) A dog scrounging for food.
(c) A child looking for his mother.
(d) A couple arguing.
13. How long has Michael been searching for his wife, as mentioned in chapter 20?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Thirty-seven years.
(c) Twenty-seven years.
(d) Thirty years.
14. To what religion does Michael O'Casey say he owes his romantic life?
15. What book does Gina read obsessively during her pregnancy?
(a) The Secret Garden.
(b) Willy Wonka and the Glass Elevator.
(c) Alice in Wonderland.
(d) Dr. Spock.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offers to help Michael and Gina with baby Wanda?
2. What does Michael, aka Striker, hope to draw on to get work in Seattle?
3. What item does the character in chapter 18 have in his backpack wrapped in bubble wrap?
4. Who sends Striker to Irma's apartment in chapter 21 after she fails to show up at the bowling alley on her usual day?
5. Who shows Striker where to find Irma's hair dye kit in chapter 21?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)