|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cassandra rush to find in the attic that once belonged to Margaret?
(a) A diary.
(b) A doll.
(c) A sketch book.
(d) A book of poetry.
2. What were the religious beliefs of Wanda's father?
(a) He was an atheist.
(b) He was agnostic.
(c) He was Catholic.
(d) He was Lutheran.
3. What type of classes did one of the potential applicants for Margaret's roommate did the woman want to hold in the house?
(a) Bible classes.
(b) Book club gatherings.
(c) Lamaze classes.
(d) A poetry class.
4. Who does Margaret think Wanda is buttering up with her constant compliments on the decor in the house in chapter 2?
(a) Margaret's housemates.
(c) Margaret's former tenant.
(d) Margaret's ex-husband.
5. What two items does Wanda repair for Margaret while in her house for an interview to be her roommate?
(a) A leaky water pipe and a tea cup.
(b) A broken figurine and a tea cup.
(c) A plate and tea cup.
(d) A broken doorknob and a leaky water pipe.
6. Why does Margaret refuse to have chemotherapy or radiation treatments for her illness?
(a) She has things to do.
(b) She does believe she is sick.
(c) She is suicidal.
(d) She is afraid.
7. What is the ritual that Margaret has grown used to Wanda conducting each morning?
(a) Wanda making coffee.
(b) Wanda making breakfast.
(c) Wanda exercising.
(d) Wanda painting her nails.
8. Who is weeping in the prologue?
9. What country does the valet at the Hotel Orleans say most guests feel they have visited after staying at the hotel?
10. What does Wanda notice in chapter 15 is one common thread among many of the people responding to Margaret's ad for a new roommate?
(a) They are all in theater.
(b) They are all doctors.
(c) They are all college students.
(d) They are all registered nurses.
11. What does Margaret have a strong impulse to call the valet at the Hotel Orleans?
12. Who does Margaret see alongside her mother in chapter 8?
(c) Her grandparents.
(d) Her father.
13. Whose bedroom does Wanda now occupy in Margaret's house?
(a) Daniel's room.
(b) The nanny's room.
(c) The maid's room.
(d) Margaret's childhood bedroom.
14. What does the patient worry about having forgotten to do before visiting the doctor that day?
(a) Eat her jelly toast.
(b) Pay her electric bill.
(c) Stop by the grocery store for apples.
(d) Turn off her oven.
15. Where does Stephen draw a picture of Margaret in chapter 5?
(a) A Bible.
(b) The back of a napkin.
(c) A sketchbook.
(d) The wall of their living room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Wanda's profession?
2. Why does Margaret wake Wanda at five in the morning in chapter 14?
3. What does the waitress at the coffee shop in chapter 1 suggest she would do if she learned she had a short time to live?
4. What does Margaret break while waiting for Wanda to return from the bathroom in chapter 2?
5. What does Cassandra tell Margaret she looks like in chapter 10?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)