|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is weeping in the prologue?
2. What is the ritual that Margaret has grown used to Wanda conducting each morning?
(a) Wanda making breakfast.
(b) Wanda making coffee.
(c) Wanda exercising.
(d) Wanda painting her nails.
3. Where does Stephen draw a picture of Margaret in chapter 5?
(a) The wall of their living room.
(b) A sketchbook.
(c) The back of a napkin.
(d) A Bible.
4. What did Peter tell Wanda he needed to do with his life that led to their separation, as Wanda explains it in chapter 2?
(a) He needed to simplify his life.
(b) He needed to have time to find himself.
(c) He needed to spend time with his family.
(d) He needed to concentrate on his work.
5. What does Margaret learn about Wanda on the night of the play's opening?
(a) Wanda has a new boyfriend.
(b) Wanda is an orphan.
(c) Wanda is leaving Seattle.
(d) Wanda is sick.
6. What is primary or residual clay?
(a) Clay that is in its purest form.
(b) Clay that makes porcelain.
(c) Clay that is used first.
(d) Clay that has never been moved from its origin.
7. What does Margaret break while waiting for Wanda to return from the bathroom in chapter 2?
(a) A plate.
(b) A tea cup.
(c) A window.
(d) A figurine.
8. What does the author suggest you do at the end of the prologue?
(a) Come back another time.
(b) Reassure Wanda that hope is coming.
(c) Warn Irma of danger.
(d) Wake Margaret up.
9. Who features prominently in Margaret's dream in chapter 17?
10. Why did Wanda work hard to never break a dish in the Schultz household?
(a) She thought the chips and cracks on the dishes were her fault.
(b) She did not want to be abandoned again.
(c) She thought a broken dish would cause her father to be injured.
(d) She did not want to get in trouble.
11. What kind of pets did one applicant to e Margaret's roommate own?
12. What picture does Margaret take from her wallet and study while in the coffee shop in chapter 1?
(a) A picture of her former husband, Stephen.
(b) A picture of her cousin, Molly.
(c) A picture of her daughter, Wanda.
(d) A picture of her dead son, Daniel.
13. Who does Margaret think Wanda is buttering up with her constant compliments on the decor in the house in chapter 2?
(a) Margaret's former tenant.
(b) Margaret's ex-husband.
(c) Margaret's housemates.
14. What is the point of view used in chapter 1 of part 1?
(a) Second person.
(b) First person.
(c) Third person.
(d) Limited omniscient.
15. What country does the valet at the Hotel Orleans say most guests feel they have visited after staying at the hotel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of classes did one of the potential applicants for Margaret's roommate did the woman want to hold in the house?
2. What two items does Wanda repair for Margaret while in her house for an interview to be her roommate?
3. What item does a waitress have that Margaret notices in chapter 1?
4. What does the waitress at the coffee shop in chapter 1 suggest she would do if she learned she had a short time to live?
5. Why does Wanda resist Troy's advances in chapter 16?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)