|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cassandra tell Margaret she looks like in chapter 10?
(a) A homeless woman.
(b) A tourist.
(c) A Bingo player.
(d) An old woman.
2. What is the point of view used in chapter 1 of part 1?
(a) Limited omniscient.
(b) First person.
(c) Third person.
(d) Second person.
3. Whose bedroom does Wanda now occupy in Margaret's house?
(a) The maid's room.
(b) Margaret's childhood bedroom.
(c) The nanny's room.
(d) Daniel's room.
4. Who does Susan bring with her in chapter 15 when she comes to interview to be Margaret and Wanda's new roommate?
(a) The children she cares for.
(b) Her husband and two children.
(c) Her former roommates.
(d) Her cousin and boyfriend.
5. What does Wanda think of in chapter 16 as the paramedics load her into the ambulance?
(a) Troy's colorful wardrobe.
(b) Colored chicks in the petshop windows at Easter.
(c) Colored eggs on Easter.
(d) Easter candy.
6. With what item does Wanda bring peace to the waring Schultz children?
(a) A puzzle.
(b) A coloring book.
(c) Three Musketeers bar.
(d) A board game.
7. What does the author suggest you do at the end of the prologue?
(a) Reassure Wanda that hope is coming.
(b) Come back another time.
(c) Warn Irma of danger.
(d) Wake Margaret up.
8. Who was the only girl in the Schultz family named after?
(a) Elizabeth Taylor.
(b) Barbara Bush.
(c) Queen Elizabeth.
(d) Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis.
9. What is Creative Visualization?
(a) A play.
(b) A type of yoga.
(c) A New Age philosophy.
(d) A book of positive reinforcements.
10. Who features prominently in Margaret's dream in chapter 17?
11. What nickname does Margaret give to Wanda in chapter 13?
12. What is Wanda's profession?
(a) She is a dancer.
(b) She is an actress.
(c) She is a stage manager.
(d) She is an artist.
13. What type of classes did one of the potential applicants for Margaret's roommate did the woman want to hold in the house?
(a) Book club gatherings.
(b) A poetry class.
(c) Lamaze classes.
(d) Bible classes.
14. What does Margaret break while waiting for Wanda to return from the bathroom in chapter 2?
(a) A window.
(b) A tea cup.
(c) A figurine.
(d) A plate.
15. Who is weeping in the prologue?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the ways Margaret feels in chapter 6 that Wanda has brought new life to her house?
2. Who does Margaret see alongside her mother in chapter 8?
3. What picture does Margaret take from her wallet and study while in the coffee shop in chapter 1?
4. What does Oscar Hauptmann tell Margaret caused the death of her mother?
5. Who was the one person Margaret felt was not happy in her household when she was a child?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)