|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Margaret tell Wanda most of the collectibles in her house came from in chapter 3?
(a) Her own searches of antique stores.
(b) Her father's antique store.
(c) Her father's family.
(d) Her mother's family.
2. What does Margaret have a strong impulse to call the valet at the Hotel Orleans?
3. What is the author describing in the prologue?
(a) Wanda's small YMCA room.
(b) Margaret's sleeping house.
(c) Irma's small apartment.
(d) The bowling alley where Striker works.
4. Whose bedroom does Wanda now occupy in Margaret's house?
(a) Margaret's childhood bedroom.
(b) The maid's room.
(c) Daniel's room.
(d) The nanny's room.
5. What two rooms did the only girl in the Schultz family have all to herself?
(a) A bedroom and a playhouse in the backyard.
(b) The kitchen and a playroom in the basement.
(c) A bathroom in the basement and a playhouse in the garage.
(d) A bathroom in the basement and a bedroom.
6. Where does Stephen draw a picture of Margaret in chapter 5?
(a) A sketchbook.
(b) The wall of their living room.
(c) A Bible.
(d) The back of a napkin.
7. What on the walls of the coffee shop makes Margaret think of an unpleasant movie she once saw?
(a) Theater posters.
(b) Movie posters.
(c) Black and white photos.
(d) Beverage advertisments.
8. What does Cassandra tell Margaret she looks like in chapter 10?
(a) A Bingo player.
(b) An old woman.
(c) A homeless woman.
(d) A tourist.
9. What does Wanda think of in chapter 16 as the paramedics load her into the ambulance?
(a) Colored chicks in the petshop windows at Easter.
(b) Colored eggs on Easter.
(c) Easter candy.
(d) Troy's colorful wardrobe.
10. What is Wanda's profession?
(a) She is an actress.
(b) She is an artist.
(c) She is a stage manager.
(d) She is a dancer.
11. What were the religious beliefs of Wanda's father?
(a) He was Lutheran.
(b) He was Catholic.
(c) He was agnostic.
(d) He was an atheist.
12. What does the patient worry about having forgotten to do before visiting the doctor that day?
(a) Stop by the grocery store for apples.
(b) Eat her jelly toast.
(c) Turn off her oven.
(d) Pay her electric bill.
13. What is the first room Margaret shows Wanda in chapter 2?
(a) The living room.
(b) The bedroom.
(c) The bathroom.
(d) The kitchen.
14. Who was the only girl in the Schultz family named after?
(a) Queen Elizabeth.
(b) Elizabeth Taylor.
(c) Barbara Bush.
(d) Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis.
15. What picture does Margaret take from her wallet and study while in the coffee shop in chapter 1?
(a) A picture of her former husband, Stephen.
(b) A picture of her daughter, Wanda.
(c) A picture of her cousin, Molly.
(d) A picture of her dead son, Daniel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Margaret refuse to have chemotherapy or radiation treatments for her illness?
2. What kind of pets did one applicant to e Margaret's roommate own?
3. Why did Margaret think Daniel was killed?
4. Who is weeping in the prologue?
5. What does the waitress at the coffee shop in chapter 1 suggest she would do if she learned she had a short time to live?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)