|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the waitress at the coffee shop in chapter 1 suggest she would do if she learned she had a short time to live?
(a) Do something dangerous.
(b) Do something expensive.
(c) Do something adventurous.
(d) Do something that scares her.
2. Who is diagnosed with a dire health ailment in chapter 1?
(a) Wanda Schultz.
(c) Margaret Hughes.
(d) Irma Kominsky.
3. What did Margaret call her father?
(a) Pappy O.
(b) Papa O.
(c) Dada H.
(d) Daddy H.
4. Why does Wanda resist Troy's advances in chapter 16?
(a) She is not ready for a new lover.
(b) Chemistry does not last.
(c) She still loves Peter.
(d) She does not like him.
5. Why does Margaret wake Wanda at five in the morning in chapter 14?
(a) To share her bad dream.
(b) To write an ad for another roommate.
(c) To drive her to the doctor.
(d) To celebrate Easter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Peter tell Wanda he needed to do with his life that led to their separation, as Wanda explains it in chapter 2?
2. Who was the one person Margaret felt was not happy in her household when she was a child?
3. Who does Margaret see alongside her mother in chapter 8?
4. What on the walls of the coffee shop makes Margaret think of an unpleasant movie she once saw?
5. What is Wanda's profession?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)