|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Michael stop sending postcards to Maureen to let her know where he was in chapter 19?
(a) To avoid his creditors.
(b) To help Wanda forget him.
(c) To punish her for stealing his child.
(d) To avoid her lectures.
2. Who is Maurice?
(a) Irma's rescued rat.
(b) Irma's hamster.
(c) Irma's crippled cat.
(d) Irma's deaf dog.
3. Who is Troy?
(a) Wanda's assistant.
(b) Margaret's son.
(c) Wanda's cousin.
(d) Margaret's brother.
4. What country does the valet at the Hotel Orleans say most guests feel they have visited after staying at the hotel?
5. What is the author describing in the prologue?
(a) Margaret's sleeping house.
(b) Irma's small apartment.
(c) The bowling alley where Striker works.
(d) Wanda's small YMCA room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the ways Margaret feels in chapter 6 that Wanda has brought new life to her house?
2. How long does Striker promise in chapter 20 to remain at his new job should he be hired?
3. What television show does Irma and Striker watch after dinner in chapter 21?
4. Who sends Striker to Irma's apartment in chapter 21 after she fails to show up at the bowling alley on her usual day?
5. What does Striker call Irma in the privacy of his own mind in chapter 22?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)