• Margaret Hughes, an older divorcee, has just learned she has a brain tumor.
• Margaret lost her son when he was just a child.
• Margaret wants to advertise for a boarder, but has to consult her possessions first. Margret has given human qualities to her possessions.
• Margaret interviews Wanda and learns that she has recently come to Seattle after a bad breakup with her lover.
• Margaret hears Wanda crying in the bathroom.
• Margaret thinks her possessions are watching Wanda.
• Wanda fixes a tea cup and a leak in Margaret's house.
• Margaret picks Wanda over three other candidates because she thinks her possessions like her.
• Wanda, a competent stage manager, moves in with Margaret.
• Wanda has come to Seattle to find Peter, based on a single, unsigned postcard.
• Wanda writes affirmations each day, her favorite being 'I will find him.'
• Wanda's mother disappeared when she was six...
This section contains 1,512 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)