|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On Valentine's Day 1998, where had Fisher and Martinez returned from?
2. Where did the dancer the author interviewed meet Lewis?
3. How much money did Andrew Tay make on a weekend spotting?
4. What Indian casino did Martinez wish to try in October of 1996?
5. How did the blackjack team get to the Indian Casino in October of 1996?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Martinez want to gamble at the Mohegan Sun?
2. What were some ways that Jake Eldridge heard that individuals cheated at cards?
3. What was the problem when the Lewis and his group were gambling in Chicago on the riverboat?
4. Why did Tay decide to join Lewis's new team?
5. Why, when Rosa was in charge of the blackjack team, had they avoided Indian casinos?
6. Why did Lewis think someone had been in his apartment the same night that money was stolen from Dylan's apartment?
7. Why did Martinez leave MIT?
8. What was Rosa's home like?
9. What had Fisher heard about Southern casinos?
10. Because of the Mohegan Sun comp program, what was Lewis able to get for his apartment?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the book, discuss the reasons why Lewis broke up with Felicia.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the personas that the blackjack team and Lewis assumed when they played blackjack and why they assumed personas.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the decision the MGM Grand made to change their chips and how it affected the blackjack team.
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)