|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1997, how many months did Lewis spend focusing on his 9 to 5 job?
2. In Chapter 24, how much money did Martinez have in a duffel bag in his home-base hotel?
3. How much could the dancers at a high-class strip club make in an evening?
4. Where did Fisher stay in Vegas during Super Bowl weekend?
5. When was the Luxor built?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Lewis, Martinez, and Fisher meet at Rosa's in the spring of 1998?
2. After leaving Rosa's team, what incident marred an almost perfect record of highly profitable play?
3. What was Jake Eldridge's background?
4. Why did Jill and Dylan argue the night that Lewis had been kicked out of New York, New York?
5. On Super Bowl weekend, what alias did Lewis use?
6. Why didn't Fisher want Lewis on his new team?
7. What happened to Martinez Labor Day weekend 1997?
8. Who was going down to check out the casino at Shreveport?
9. Why did Martinez leave MIT?
10. Why, when Rosa was in charge of the blackjack team, had they avoided Indian casinos?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the book, discuss why Lewis wanted to tell his story to Ben Mezrich.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 23, the team was in disarray and their future was uncertain. Discuss why the team was confused and worried about their future.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the relationship that Lewis had with his family using examples from the book.
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)