|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the first venue on the blackjack team's list Labor Day weekend 1997?
2. On President's Day, how did Lewis wear his hair during the first shift of blackjack?
3. How much could the dancers at a high-class strip club make in an evening?
4. Where did Dylan move after Lewis's team split up?
5. What alias did Lewis use Super Bowl weekend in Las Vegas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Martinez Labor Day weekend 1997?
2. Why didn't Fisher want Lewis on his new team?
3. What had Fisher heard about Southern casinos?
4. Why, when Rosa was in charge of the blackjack team, had they avoided Indian casinos?
5. After the Labor Day weekend when the group was evicted from several casinos, why did the group decide not to stay in the hotel where they gambled?
6. What was Rosa's home like?
7. Who was going down to check out the casino at Shreveport?
8. Why did Lewis think someone had been in his apartment the same night that money was stolen from Dylan's apartment?
9. Because of the Mohegan Sun comp program, what was Lewis able to get for his apartment?
10. Why did Jill and Dylan argue the night that Lewis had been kicked out of New York, New York?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the book, explain the meaning of the title of the book, "21: Bringing Down the House," and whether the MIT blackjack team brought down the house.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the book, discuss the reasons why Lewis broke up with Felicia.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss why Lewis was contemplating the lifestyle that he had chosen in 1998.
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)