|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On Valentine's Day 1998, where had Fisher and Martinez returned from?
2. In 1997, how many months did Lewis spend focusing on his 9 to 5 job?
3. How much money had Martinez won in his first hours playing on President's Day?
4. How much money did someone get for selling information about the MIT blackjack teams?
5. By Chapter 28, how many of the last New Year's Eves had Lewis spent gambling in Vegas?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the blackjack team operate after splitting from Rosa?
2. Why did Lewis think someone had been in his apartment the same night that money was stolen from Dylan's apartment?
3. What was Rosa's home like?
4. Because of the Mohegan Sun comp program, what was Lewis able to get for his apartment?
5. After the Labor Day weekend when the group was evicted from several casinos, why did the group decide not to stay in the hotel where they gambled?
6. Why did Lewis have a moment of panic when he noticed that the clientele heading into the casino looked like they were all from the Deep South?
7. What did Rosa say was the most important decision that a card counter ever had to make?
8. What was Jake Eldridge's background?
9. What happened to Martinez Labor Day weekend 1997?
10. Why, when Rosa was in charge of the blackjack team, had they avoided Indian casinos?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Jill's objections to joining the blackjack team and why she finally decided to join.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the book, explain the meaning of the title of the book, "21: Bringing Down the House," and whether the MIT blackjack team brought down the house.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the reasons why Lewis decided to join the blackjack team.
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)