|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 24, how much money did Martinez have in a duffel bag in his home-base hotel?
2. What birthday was Lewis celebrating when he got tickets for the team for the Tyson vs. Holyfield fight?
3. Where did Lewis meet the independent surveillance that the author interviewed?
4. Vegas had Fight Night, New Orleans had Mardi Gras, and what did Boston have?
5. What time did Dylan and Jill usually go to sleep on nights they were not in Vegas?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was going down to check out the casino at Shreveport?
2. On President's Day 1998, how was Jill disguised?
3. After leaving Rosa's team, what incident marred an almost perfect record of highly profitable play?
4. What were some ways that Jake Eldridge heard that individuals cheated at cards?
5. Why didn't Fisher want Lewis on his new team?
6. How did the blackjack team operate after splitting from Rosa?
7. Why did Lewis think someone had been in his apartment the same night that money was stolen from Dylan's apartment?
8. Why did Martinez leave MIT?
9. On Super Bowl weekend, what alias did Lewis use?
10. Because of the Mohegan Sun comp program, what was Lewis able to get for his apartment?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the personas that the blackjack team and Lewis assumed when they played blackjack and why they assumed personas.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the book, discuss how and why information on each of the MIT teams was sold to the Plymouth Agency.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Jill's objections to joining the blackjack team and why she finally decided to join.
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)