|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time might a person have to spend in prison if he was caught using any sort of a cheating device in a casino?
2. What was the first venue on the blackjack team's list Labor Day weekend 1997?
3. How much could the dancers at a high-class strip club make in an evening?
4. What was Lewis watching on television in Chapter 26?
5. What was the name of the second casino that the team played in Louisiana?
Short Essay Questions
1. After the Labor Day weekend when the group was evicted from several casinos, why did the group decide not to stay in the hotel where they gambled?
2. Why did Tay decide to join Lewis's new team?
3. After leaving Rosa's team, what incident marred an almost perfect record of highly profitable play?
4. What were some ways that Jake Eldridge heard that individuals cheated at cards?
5. Why did Martinez leave MIT?
6. How did the blackjack team operate after splitting from Rosa?
7. What was Rosa's home like?
8. On President's Day 1998, how was Jill disguised?
9. What story was going around about Vincent Cole, the point guy at Plymouth Agency?
10. What did Rosa say was the most important decision that a card counter ever had to make?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the book, discuss why Lewis considered telling his family about his double life.
Essay Topic 2
Argue whether the blackjack team should have left Rosa's management using examples from the book to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 23, the team was in disarray and their future was uncertain. Discuss why the team was confused and worried about their future.
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)