|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, from which airport was the author boarding a plane?
2. How much money did Lewis lose in two hands of blackjack in late 1994?
3. How much money was Lewis carrying when he took his casino test?
4. What percent profit did complex systems for blackjack aim for?
5. What was the name of the town where Lewis's parents lived?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Lewis's sisters.
2. Why had Lewis focused on math and science in school?
3. What three tests would Lewis have to take in order to become a member of the blackjack team?
4. Describe Micky Rosa.
5. What caught Lewis's eye after he played blackjack with the Knicks players?
6. What type of equipment was in the underground Chinatown casino where Lewis took his casino test?
7. As far as Lewis knew, what had Fisher and Martinez been doing all summer?
8. How did Lewis and Martinez get from the airport in Atlantic City to the casino?
9. Describe Jill Taylor when she met the author.
10. In Chapter 1, who was Lewis's spotter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the reasons why Lewis decided to join the blackjack team.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationship that Lewis had with his family using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book, discuss how and why information on each of the MIT teams was sold to the Plymouth Agency.
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)