|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Lewis go to high school?
2. Where did Jill Taylor live at the time she met the author?
3. What sport did Michael Sloan play?
4. What was the signal that meant the deck was warm?
5. What percent of hundred dollar bills were said to contain minute traces of cocaine embedded in their fibers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Jill Taylor when she met the author.
2. Describe Lewis's sisters.
3. In Chapter 1, who was Lewis's spotter?
4. Why did Martinez say that fights made for perfect card-counting conditions?
5. What was Lewis afraid would happen if security caught up with him?
6. What type of equipment was in the underground Chinatown casino where Lewis took his casino test?
7. Describe Kevin Lewis.
8. Why had Lewis focused on math and science in school?
9. Describe the Foxwoods Resort and Casino.
10. What were some of the aliases that Lewis used when playing blackjack in Vegas?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the methods that casinos used to prevent card counting and cheaters.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Jason Fisher and Andre Martinez. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Argue whether the blackjack team should have left Rosa's management using examples from the book to support your arguments.
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)