|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Fisher and Martinez go every weekend?
2. What was the first casino that Lewis was asked to leave and never come back?
3. What would be waiting for Lewis in his suite if he stayed at the MGM?
4. What metal object in the author's pocket set off the metal detector at the airport?
5. Where was the Grand Victoria Casino located?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reasons did Lewis give Felicia for breaking up their relationship?
2. Where was the money stashed that Martinez and Lewis were going to use in Vegas during November of 1994?
3. What was the hierarchy in a casino?
4. What rumors were floating around the Grand Victoria Casino about Lewis's alias Barry Chow?
5. Describe Kevin Lewis.
6. What did the casinos use to catch cheaters and card counters?
7. Why did Martinez say that fights made for perfect card-counting conditions?
8. What could security agents at an airport do if they thought someone was doing something illegal?
9. What was the hi-lo method of card counting?
10. What were some things about Lewis that didn't fit with his MIT image?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss why Lewis was contemplating the lifestyle that he had chosen in 1998.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how and why large sums of money were transported for gambling. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Jason Fisher and Andre Martinez. Use examples from the book.
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)