|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Lewis's alias at the Grand Victoria?
2. How many square feet did the casino have where the author met Jill?
3. Who was George Foreman fighting in Vegas during November of 1994?
4. How much had Kevin Lewis won at the beginning of Chapter 1?
5. What was Kianna Lam's major?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the team play work on the blackjack team?
2. What reasons did Lewis give Felicia for breaking up their relationship?
3. Why had Lewis focused on math and science in school?
4. How was blackjack played?
5. What was the hierarchy in a casino?
6. Describe the Grand Victoria Casino.
7. What were some of the aliases that Lewis used when playing blackjack in Vegas?
8. What did Martinez say when Lewis said he thought the blackjack system was rather shady?
9. What three tests would Lewis have to take in order to become a member of the blackjack team?
10. Describe the Foxwoods Resort and Casino.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the book, discuss why Lewis wanted to tell his story to Ben Mezrich.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the methods that casinos used to prevent card counting and cheaters.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 23, the team was in disarray and their future was uncertain. Discuss why the team was confused and worried about their future.
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)