|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the total amount of money that the author carried onto a plane in Chapter 2?
2. Where did Lewis take his Spotting and Gorilla tests?
3. How much money was Lewis carrying on his persons when he and Martinez went to Vegas in November of 1994?
4. When Lewis sat down for his first turn at a blackjack table in Vegas, where was the couple from who were already at the table?
5. What would be waiting for Lewis in his suite if he stayed at the MGM?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the casinos use to catch cheaters and card counters?
2. What rumors were floating around the Grand Victoria Casino about Lewis's alias Barry Chow?
3. What three tests would Lewis have to take in order to become a member of the blackjack team?
4. How did Lewis and Martinez get from the airport in Atlantic City to the casino?
5. How was blackjack played?
6. Who was one of the best card counters that Rosa had ever met?
7. What were some of the aliases that Lewis used when playing blackjack in Vegas?
8. What type of equipment was in the underground Chinatown casino where Lewis took his casino test?
9. Describe Jill Taylor when she met the author.
10. What caught Lewis's eye after he played blackjack with the Knicks players?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 23, the team was in disarray and their future was uncertain. Discuss why the team was confused and worried about their future.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Jason Fisher and Andre Martinez. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how and why large sums of money were transported for gambling. Use examples from the book.
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)