|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, when did the author first meet Lewis?
2. What food was on a glass coffee table in Chapter 3?
3. What was the capacity of the Grand Victoria Casino?
4. What percent of hundred dollar bills were said to contain minute traces of cocaine embedded in their fibers?
5. Who was George Foreman fighting in Vegas during November of 1994?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was blackjack played?
2. What were some of the aliases that Lewis used when playing blackjack in Vegas?
3. Where were some places that Lewis could hide his money and his chips?
4. Who was one of the best card counters that Rosa had ever met?
5. What type of equipment was in the underground Chinatown casino where Lewis took his casino test?
6. What was Lewis afraid would happen if security caught up with him?
7. In what capacities had Zimonowski worked for the casinos?
8. What did the casinos use to catch cheaters and card counters?
9. Where was the money stashed that Martinez and Lewis were going to use in Vegas during November of 1994?
10. How did the team play work on the blackjack team?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Four members of the blackjack team decided to try gambling in Louisiana. Discuss why four members of the team went to gamble in Louisiana and what their experiences were gambling in Louisiana.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the book, discuss the reasons why Lewis broke up with Felicia.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book, explain the meaning of the title of the book, "21: Bringing Down the House," and whether the MIT blackjack team brought down the house.
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)