|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money did someone get for selling information about the MIT blackjack teams?
2. In Chapter 24, what name was Martinez using at his home-base hotel?
(a) Atsuko Kasumi.
(b) Misumato Aiko.
(c) Leonard Wu.
(d) Nobuo Toyamo.
3. How many floors did the hotel have at the casino where the team first gambled in Louisiana?
4. Labor Day weekend 1997, what type of buttons did Martinez have on a red silk shirt?
(b) Bear-shaped buttons.
(d) Alligator-shaped buttons.
5. What season was it in Chapter 29?
6. How much did Lewis's new team make in their first few months?
7. What did Lewis drop on the floor at the beginning of Chapter 29?
(a) Bundles of hundred dollar bills.
(b) Tax records.
(c) A basket of dirty clothes.
(d) Food from his mother.
8. In Chapter 32, where did the author and Lewis meet?
(a) Hard Rock.
(d) New York, New York.
9. What was Martinez wearing when he, Fisher, and Lewis met at Rosa's in the spring of 1998?
(a) Black hooded sweatshirt.
(b) Harvard sweatshirt.
(c) Grey hooded sweatshirt.
(d) MIT sweatshirt.
10. Where did Lewis meet the independent surveillance that the author interviewed?
(b) A bar in Boston.
(c) A casino in Vegas.
(d) A casino in Illinois.
11. What color casino chip did Lewis see on his kitchen table?
12. Who was the independent surveillance expert that the author interviewed about casino security?
(a) Bob Callison.
(b) Mike Davidson.
(c) Phil Martin.
(d) Jake Eldridge.
13. What year was it in Chapter 29?
14. How much could the dancers at a high-class strip club make in an evening?
(c) As much as $5,000.
(d) As much as $3,000.
15. After splitting from Rosa, how much did Martinez and Fisher invest in the team?
(a) $400,000 each.
(b) $750,000 each.
(c) $1,000,000 each.
(d) $200,000 each.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Martinez hide in his hotel room when security broke in on President's Day?
2. After Lewis and Martinez were both barred on Labor Day weekend, where did they check in next?
3. How much money had Martinez won in his first hours playing on President's Day?
4. By Chapter 28, how many of the last New Year's Eves had Lewis spent gambling in Vegas?
5. On Labor Day weekend 1997, how much of a profit had Martinez's squad made in the first four hours of play?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)