|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Andre Martinez wear on a necklace?
(b) St. Christopher medal.
(c) Shark tooth.
2. How much had Kevin Lewis won at the beginning of Chapter 1?
3. Where was the Grand Victoria Casino located?
(d) East St. Louis.
4. What was the total amount of money that the author carried onto a plane in Chapter 2?
5. How old was Rosa when he matriculated at MIT?
6. What pub did Lewis and Felicia talk about missing when they graduated?
(b) John and Gary's
(d) The Pub.
7. What was Lewis's father's occupation?
8. Where did Andrew Tay grow up?
(a) Outside Detroit.
(b) San Francisco.
(c) Outside Chicago.
9. Where did Lewis suggest playing after almost getting in trouble at a casino in Chapter 1?
(b) MGM Grand.
(c) Hard Rock Casino.
10. Why had Fisher left college?
(a) He flunked out.
(b) His father died.
(c) His sister was injured in a car accident.
(d) His brother was injured a construction accident.
11. Where did Brian Hale grow up?
(d) New Jersey.
12. What food was on a glass coffee table in Chapter 3?
(a) Chinese takeout.
(c) Barbecued chicken wings.
13. How old was Jill Taylor when she met the author?
14. Where did Fisher and Martinez go every weekend?
(c) Las Vegas.
(d) Atlantic City.
15. By June of 1995, what profit had the team made in the last eight months?
(a) 15 percent.
(b) 25 percent.
(c) 20 percent.
(d) 30 percent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What alias did Lewis use when he was asked to fill out a ratings card at the Chinatown casino?
2. Where did Jill Taylor live at the time she met the author?
3. What color ink was used to write the house number for the place where Lewis went for his casino test?
4. What was the name of the town where Lewis's parents lived?
5. Where had Lewis's father been working on a project?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)