|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was George Foreman fighting in Vegas during November of 1994?
(a) Joe Frazier.
(b) Clay Hodges.
(c) Michael Moorer.
(d) Muhammad Ali.
2. Where had Lewis's father immigrated from?
(b) Hong Kong.
3. How many hours a day did Lewis spend matching high and low cards as he began to learn basic strategy for blackjack?
(a) 4 hours a day.
(b) 3 hours a day.
(c) 5 hours a day.
(d) 2 hours a day.
4. In June of 1995, what were Kianna, Michael, and Fisher eating?
(d) Chicken wings.
5. What was kept chilled in Lewis's bedroom at the Caesars?
(a) Keg of Corona.
(b) Pony keg of Sam Adams.
(c) Thai Beer.
(d) Belgian Beer.
6. Where did Lewis take his Spotting and Gorilla tests?
(a) A casino in Chinatown.
(b) An MIT classroom.
(c) Lam's apartment.
(d) Martinez and Fisher's apartment.
7. In November of 1994, what alias was Martinez using at the hotel?
(a) Marshall Ling.
(b) Peter Koy.
(c) Brian Chong.
(d) Andy Chu.
8. Where did Brian Hale grow up?
(a) New Jersey.
9. At what restaurant did Jill meet the author?
(b) Al Dente.
(d) Golden Dragon.
10. Where did Lewis go to high school?
(c) New Hampshire.
11. In Chapter 3, where did Fisher and Martinez ask Lewis to go with them the next weekend?
(b) Atlantic City.
(c) Las Vegas.
12. What food was on a glass coffee table in Chapter 3?
(a) Barbecued chicken wings.
(b) Chinese takeout.
13. How tall was Andrew Tay?
14. What metal object in the author's pocket set off the metal detector at the airport?
(b) Fingernail clippers.
(c) A pocket knife.
(d) Cell phone.
15. What signal would have told Lewis to double his bet?
(a) Arms flat at her sides.
(b) A bent right arm.
(c) Both arms folded.
(d) A hand running through her hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What percent of the time would a deal normally bust in blackjack?
2. What kind of boots was Lewis wearing as he went for his casino test?
3. In Chapter 4, which casino did the limousine take Lewis and Martinez to?
4. What Indian tribe ran the casino where the author met Jill?
5. How much money had Martinez and Fisher made in six months?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)