|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Rafe thinks about Henry's dual nature, he considers which late character's comment that dealing with Henry is "like sporting with a tamed lion" (208)?
(a) John Seymour.
2. In which character's household did Cromwell and Fitzwilliam both work?
3. Which river is said to be nearly overflowing its banks in Part One, Chapter 3: Angels?
(a) The Thames.
(b) The Rhine.
(c) The Yangtze.
(d) The Nile.
4. Who cries while Jane Rochford is being questioned about Anne's miscarriage by Henry?
(a) Jane Rochford.
(b) Jane Seymour.
(d) Mary Shelton.
5. What sort of presents does Cromwell receive in Part One, Chapter 3: Angels?
(d) New Year.
6. Chapuys uses the term "bastard" (149) to describe which character?
7. How does Cromwell react to Chapuys's use of the term "bastard" (149)?
(a) He leaves.
(b) He calls for the guards.
(c) He yells.
(d) He laughs.
8. Cromwell states that which element of life is often "condemned to stay whimpering at the back door" (159)?
9. Who is screaming into Cromwell's face when he thinks of a piece of advice his father had given him?
10. Cromwell receives blankets and a flask from a supporter in which country?
11. Who tells Cromwell about the details and circumstances of Anne's miscarriage?
(b) Jane Seymour.
(c) Mary Shelton.
(d) Jane Rochford.
12. Cromwell tries to get Chapuys to admit that he has been listening to what kind of gossip about Anne?
13. How many different methods does Gregory name when he tells his father that men have many options for getting rid of a spouse?
14. How had the French ambassador described Mary's blood, according to Cromwell?
15. Cromwell meets with the Imperial ambassador Chapuys, who argues that many people may prefer Mary to Elizabeth as Henry's heir due to what factor?
Short Answer Questions
1. On the day when the whole court is wearing costumes, what type of costume does Weston wear?
2. What is the name of Anne's jester who has dwarfism?
3. Henry sarcastically suggests in Part Two, Chapter 1: The Black Book that Anne take what action after she has asked him never to joust again?
4. Cromwell states that the Tudors are all what "from their cradle" (148)?
5. Cromwell remarks that Ireland has seen more peace this year than in the last how many years?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)