|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Stanley Harris Senior Professor and chairman of the department of psychiatry at Rush-Presbyterian St. Luke's Medical Center?
2. Who was the director of the television movie Patty Duke made about her illness?
3. What is another name for the drug trazodone?
4. What was Robert Campau referred to by one of his former employees?
5. What is the name of the mother whose daughter convinced her to seek therapy and lithium changed her life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What pressures did Patty put on herself in her family life? How did these lead to episodes?
2. In Chapter 10, the relationships between spouses with manic depression are discussed. Describe these.
3. What led to Patty's depressions early in her marriage to John Astin?
4. What did making Call Me Anna cause Patty to see about manic depression and its effects on acting?
5. Describe the concert presented by Dr. Kay Redfield Jamison. Who was featured?
6. What can be the result of siblings coping with someone with manic depression?
7. What led to Patty overcoming her fear of death?
8. Discuss the antidepressants discussed in Chapter 6.
9. What happens after hospitalization with bipolar patients?
10. What are the effects of dealing with a parent with manic depression?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the methods of diagnosing and treating children who are at risk or who show predisposition toward bipolar disorder?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the excerpts of the book written by Patty Duke's best friend and by her husband. What portrait do these excerpts paint of the actress and author?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the different forms of manic-depressive illness detailed in the text. What are they, what are their symptoms, and how are they differentiated from one another?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)