|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Patty's adopted son?
2. Who played Patty's father in the television movie?
3. In the example of dealing with a spouse with the illness, who is married to Tracey?
4. Which composer wrote that he wished "the earth were a shell filled with gunpowder, to which I would put a match for my diversion"?
5. Who was the seventh-century commander-in-chief and Lord Protector of England?
Short Essay Questions
1. What can be the result of siblings coping with someone with manic depression?
2. What would happen in the fights between John Astin and Patty?
3. What led to Patty overcoming her fear of death?
4. What did making Call Me Anna cause Patty to see about manic depression and its effects on acting?
5. Discuss alcoholism and writers as discussed in the text.
6. Describe the concert presented by Dr. Kay Redfield Jamison. Who was featured?
7. What was Patty's experience like in making Call Me Anna?
8. When is it necessary to hospitalize a bipolar patient?
9. In Chapter 10, the relationships between spouses with manic depression are discussed. Describe these.
10. What is lithium? How did it come to be discovered?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the difficulty in diagnosing manic-depressive illness in conjunction with alcohol and substance abuse. How can these mimic one another?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theory of personality types and their predisposition toward manic-depressive illness. What are the types and how can they be indicators?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss schizophrenia. What are the origins of schizophrenia? How can it resemble manic depression? How does it differ?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)