|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Patty Duke feel when she was diagnosed with manic depressive illness?
2. What is Patty's older sister's name?
3. Within how many weeks did lithium begin to work for Patty Duke?
4. What was the way Patty attempted suicide the majority of the times?
5. In studies of twins where one identical twin had manic-depressive disorder, what is the percentage of cases where the other twin also developed it?
Short Essay Questions
1. What delusions did Patty Duke experience while manic?
2. How did Patty Duke feel when she was diagnosed bipolar?
3. When did Patty's symptoms appear in her life? What were they?
4. When are patients typically diagnosed with bipolar depression?
5. What is Patty Duke's experience with psychotherapy?
6. What caused Patty's panic attacks as a child?
7. Discuss Patty's experience with the Rosses.
8. Discuss what cyclothymes is. How is this related to bipolar disorder?
9. What side effect of lithium causes a strong reaction to Patty Duke when hearing of it?
10. Discuss the study performed on the Amish regarding manic depression.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Patty Duke's relationship with her children. How has this relationship evolved since her diagnosis?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theory of personality types and their predisposition toward manic-depressive illness. What are the types and how can they be indicators?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of psychotherapy in treating manic-depressive illness. How helpful is it?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)