|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many pills of lithium does Patty Duke take per day?
2. Who was the sister who raised Patty Duke's mother?
3. What did "Grandpa Duke" do for a living?
4. Researchers believe that there is a link between the gene which may pass along traits of manic-depressive illness and what chromosome?
5. In a 1969-research project at Washington University in St. Louis, researchers found that in two families, everyone that was ______ was also manic-depressive.
Short Essay Questions
1. What caused Patty's panic attacks as a child?
2. What do doctors say regarding environmental elements contributing to manic depression?
3. When are patients typically diagnosed with bipolar depression?
4. What is Patty Duke's experience with psychotherapy?
5. How did Patty come to forgive her parents?
6. Describe Patty Duke's father.
7. What does Patty believe is the contributor to her illness?
8. Who was Patty Duke's mother? What was the cause of her depression?
9. What is the scientific analysis of the roots of manic depression in individuals?
10. Describe Bipolar II.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of psychotherapy in treating manic-depressive illness. How helpful is it?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the spectrum of drugs other than lithium which are used in the treatment of manic-depressive illness.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss schizophrenia. What are the origins of schizophrenia? How can it resemble manic depression? How does it differ?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)