|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who played Patty's father in the television movie?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her uncle.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her son.
2. How long after marrying John Astin did Patty realize she was pregnant?
(a) One year.
(b) Six months.
(c) Two months.
(d) One month.
3. What is the name of Patty's current husband?
4. What was Robert Campau referred to by one of his former employees?
(b) Ivan the Terrible.
5. Which of the following is a neuroleptic drug?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another name for the drug Depakote?
2. What is the circuit with which John and Patty worked as actors and traveled?
3. What did Patty Duke also do with the docudrama she made for television?
4. Neuroleptic drugs are traditionally used to treat the symptoms of what?
5. When was the Depressive and Manic-Depressive Association founded?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss alcoholism and writers as discussed in the text.
2. What did the psychiatrist and Patty disagree about regarding her manic "epiphany"?
3. What pressures did Patty put on herself in her family life? How did these lead to episodes?
4. What "gift" does Patty Duke conclude she gained from her illness?
5. What can be the result of siblings coping with someone with manic depression?
6. When is it necessary to hospitalize a bipolar patient?
7. What did making Call Me Anna cause Patty to see about manic depression and its effects on acting?
8. What is the correlation between CEOs and manic depression?
9. What concerns doctors in discussing manic depression and creativity?
10. Discuss anticonvulsants and neuroleptics.
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)