|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who reportedly drank 16 double frozen daiquiris in one night?
(a) James Conrad.
(d) Dorothy Parker.
2. Who is the controversial former Prime Minister of Israel referred to in Chapter 8?
(a) Menachem Begin.
(b) Chaim Potok.
(c) Ishmael Chaim.
(d) Israel Harvey.
3. Who is the Canadian entrepreneur and former owner of Bloomingdales?
(a) Andrew Richou.
(b) Robert Campeau.
(c) Michael Anderson.
(d) Jacque Mortenson.
4. Who is an example in Chapter 10 that saw signs of manic depression in her married son?
5. Who heads the Foundation for Depression and Manic Depression in New York's Upper East Side?
(a) Dr. Ronald R. Fieve.
(b) Dr. James R. Singe.
(c) Dr. Michael E. Jansen.
(d) Dr. Anderson W. Michaels.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Patty's best friend's name?
2. "Even when there are little to no side effects, anywhere from ___ to ___ percent of people stop taking their lithium."
3. Monoamine oxidase inhibitors fell out of favor because they induced what?
4. Who wrote the book, Movie Stars, Real People, and Me?
5. Where do Patty's sister and her husband live?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Patty's biggest regret about her behavior before she was diagnosed?
2. What is lithium? How did it come to be discovered?
3. What was Patty's experience like in making Call Me Anna?
4. What is the argument regarding treatment for the creative manic depressant?
5. When is it necessary to hospitalize a bipolar patient?
6. Discuss alcoholism and writers as discussed in the text.
7. What did making Call Me Anna cause Patty to see about manic depression and its effects on acting?
8. In Chapter 10, the relationships between spouses with manic depression are discussed. Describe these.
9. What did the psychiatrist and Patty disagree about regarding her manic "epiphany"?
10. What led to Patty's depressions early in her marriage to John Astin?
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)