|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the controversial former Prime Minister of Israel referred to in Chapter 8?
(a) Ishmael Chaim.
(b) Menachem Begin.
(c) Chaim Potok.
(d) Israel Harvey.
2. Who wrote the book, Movie Stars, Real People, and Me?
(a) Joshua Logan.
(b) Judith Bakely.
(c) Sean Astin.
(d) Jennifer Anderson.
3. Who was John Astin's 12-year-old son who came to live with him and Patty?
4. Duke writes, "I don't take it lightly when I say there are moments in the theater that are to me a ______ experience."
5. What is one of the common issues of families with a manic-depressive child?
(a) Feelings of hatred.
(b) Feelings of wishful thinking.
(c) Parents disagreeing over care.
(d) Money issues.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children did John Astin have from his previous marriage?
2. In what year was lithium's effects on mania discovered?
3. What is one indicator of oncoming manias?
4. In what year was the book published upon which Patty's docudrama was based?
5. Who reportedly drank 16 double frozen daiquiris in one night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the correlation between CEOs and manic depression?
2. What concerns doctors in discussing manic depression and creativity?
3. Describe the concert presented by Dr. Kay Redfield Jamison. Who was featured?
4. What does Patty Duke conclude regarding talent and manic depression?
5. What did the psychiatrist and Patty disagree about regarding her manic "epiphany"?
6. What are the effects of dealing with a parent with manic depression?
7. What pressures did Patty put on herself in her family life? How did these lead to episodes?
8. Discuss the effects of parents who pass on manic-depression to their children.
9. Discuss the antidepressants discussed in Chapter 6.
10. What was Patty's experience like in making Call Me Anna?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)