|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story about siblings dealing with manic depression, who is Judd's sister?
2. Monoamine oxidase inhibitors fell out of favor because they induced what?
(d) High blood pressure.
3. Who played Patty's son in the film Please Don't Hit Me, Mom?
(a) Mackenzie Astin.
(b) Sean Astin.
(c) Kevin Astin.
(d) Jason Astin.
4. Who is the mother of Ellen, who in high school developed manic depression?
5. Who was the associate producer of Patty's television docudrama?
(a) Jessica Warden.
(b) Peggy Griffin.
(c) Sarah Smithson.
(d) Lily Andrews.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was John Astin's 12-year-old son who came to live with him and Patty?
2. Duke writes, "I don't take it lightly when I say there are moments in the theater that are to me a ______ experience."
3. "Even when there are little to no side effects, anywhere from ___ to ___ percent of people stop taking their lithium."
4. Who adapted the screenplay for the television docudrama on Patty's life?
5. Who was the pioneer in identifying manic-depressive illness?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is lithium? How did it come to be discovered?
2. What is the correlation between CEOs and manic depression?
3. Discuss alcoholism and writers as discussed in the text.
4. Discuss the antidepressants discussed in Chapter 6.
5. What are the effects of dealing with a parent with manic depression?
6. What does Dr. Jamison believe doctors should do when treating the artist?
7. Discuss the effects of parents who pass on manic-depression to their children.
8. What would happen in the fights between John Astin and Patty?
9. What did making Call Me Anna cause Patty to see about manic depression and its effects on acting?
10. What did the psychiatrist and Patty disagree about regarding her manic "epiphany"?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)