|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Patty often throw during her manic episodes?
(a) Her wigs.
(b) Her shoes.
(c) Her Oscar.
(d) Her jewelry.
2. Patty Duke writes that she believes all the people in her life prior to when were victimized by her illness?
3. Where does Patty's brother live?
(d) New York.
4. Who adapted the screenplay for the television docudrama on Patty's life?
(a) John McGreavey.
(b) John Steiner.
(c) Norah Ephron.
(d) Michelle Anderson.
5. Charles Burney was the biographer of which composer?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Italian psychiatrist who wrote Man of Genius?
2. Who is one of the authors of the book Manic-Depressive Illness and an associate professor of psychiatry at John Hopkins University?
3. Who did Patty Duke play in The Miracle Worker?
4. Neuroleptic drugs are traditionally used to treat the symptoms of what?
5. Who, along with Rose Kurland, founded the Depressive and Manic-Depressive Association?
Short Essay Questions
1. What led to Patty overcoming her fear of death?
2. What did making Call Me Anna cause Patty to see about manic depression and its effects on acting?
3. What does Patty Duke conclude regarding talent and manic depression?
4. What are the effects of dealing with a parent with manic depression?
5. What did the psychiatrist and Patty disagree about regarding her manic "epiphany"?
6. What is lithium? How did it come to be discovered?
7. What pressures did Patty put on herself in her family life? How did these lead to episodes?
8. Discuss the antidepressants discussed in Chapter 6.
9. What is the correlation between CEOs and manic depression?
10. What are the side effects associated with lithium?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)