|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the mother of Ellen, who in high school developed manic depression?
2. How many people were present at the first reading of the script of Patty's television movie?
3. Who reportedly drank 16 double frozen daiquiris in one night?
(a) James Conrad.
(b) Dorothy Parker.
4. In what year did Patty Duke end up at Dr. Arlen's home at 2 a.m. having a manic episode?
5. What is Patty Duke's middle son's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story about Ellen, who developed bipolar disorder in high school, and her mother was her caretaker 17 years later, what did Ellen graduate college to become?
2. The doctor who discovered lithium's effects on mania originally suspected that what was the culprit for the disease?
3. What is the name of the drug also referred to as Tegretol?
4. When was the Depressive and Manic-Depressive Association founded?
5. In the example of dealing with a spouse with the illness, who is married to Tracey?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 10, the relationships between spouses with manic depression are discussed. Describe these.
2. What did making Call Me Anna cause Patty to see about manic depression and its effects on acting?
3. What would happen in the fights between John Astin and Patty?
4. Discuss the antidepressants discussed in Chapter 6.
5. What pressures did Patty put on herself in her family life? How did these lead to episodes?
6. What can be the result of siblings coping with someone with manic depression?
7. What does Dr. Jamison believe doctors should do when treating the artist?
8. What is the correlation between CEOs and manic depression?
9. What happens after hospitalization with bipolar patients?
10. When is it necessary to hospitalize a bipolar patient?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)