|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the married son's name whose mother saw the signs of his oncoming manic depression in Chapter 10?
2. How many people were present at the first reading of the script of Patty's television movie?
3. From what play comes the line, "The lunatic, the lover, and the poet, are of imagination all compact"?
(a) Romeo and Juliet.
(c) A Winter's Tale.
(d) A Midsummer Night's Dream.
4. Who is an example in Chapter 10 that saw signs of manic depression in her married son?
5. Who was the pioneer in identifying manic-depressive illness?
(a) Sigmund Freud.
(b) Dr. Kay Jamison.
(c) Cesare Lombroso.
(d) Emil Kraepelin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Patty Duke writes that she believes all the people in her life prior to when were victimized by her illness?
2. Who is the president of the Manic-Depressive Illness Foundation?
3. Who was Patty Duke's character's teacher in The Miracle Worker?
4. What is Patty's best friend's name?
5. In "A Marriage that Shattered," who is married to Larry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss alcoholism and writers as discussed in the text.
2. What is the argument regarding treatment for the creative manic depressant?
3. What are the side effects associated with lithium?
4. What pressures did Patty put on herself in her family life? How did these lead to episodes?
5. In Chapter 10, the relationships between spouses with manic depression are discussed. Describe these.
6. What led to Patty's depressions early in her marriage to John Astin?
7. Discuss anticonvulsants and neuroleptics.
8. What happens after hospitalization with bipolar patients?
9. What did making Call Me Anna cause Patty to see about manic depression and its effects on acting?
10. Discuss the effects of parents who pass on manic-depression to their children.
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)