|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the controversial former Prime Minister of Israel referred to in Chapter 8?
(a) Ishmael Chaim.
(b) Menachem Begin.
(c) Chaim Potok.
(d) Israel Harvey.
2. An overdose of lithium can result in what?
3. What is the married son's name whose mother saw the signs of his oncoming manic depression in Chapter 10?
4. Where does Patty's brother live?
(b) New York.
5. Who was the pioneer in identifying manic-depressive illness?
(a) Dr. Kay Jamison.
(b) Cesare Lombroso.
(c) Sigmund Freud.
(d) Emil Kraepelin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Patty Duke's character's teacher in The Miracle Worker?
2. Charles Burney was the biographer of which composer?
3. Who is one of the authors of the book Manic-Depressive Illness and an associate professor of psychiatry at John Hopkins University?
4. How many children did John Astin have from his previous marriage?
5. Who played Patty's father in the television movie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the antidepressants discussed in Chapter 6.
2. What are the effects of dealing with a parent with manic depression?
3. What are the side effects associated with lithium?
4. Discuss alcoholism and writers as discussed in the text.
5. What does Patty Duke conclude regarding talent and manic depression?
6. What is Patty's biggest regret about her behavior before she was diagnosed?
7. What led to Patty overcoming her fear of death?
8. What did making Call Me Anna cause Patty to see about manic depression and its effects on acting?
9. What did the psychiatrist and Patty disagree about regarding her manic "epiphany"?
10. Describe the concert presented by Dr. Kay Redfield Jamison. Who was featured?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)