|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Neuroleptic drugs are traditionally used to treat the symptoms of what?
(a) Multiple Personality Disorder.
2. In the story about siblings dealing with manic depression, who is Judd's sister?
3. In what year was the book published upon which Patty's docudrama was based?
4. Winston Churchill's biographer described him as what?
(d) Manic depressive.
5. What is Patty Duke's middle son's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Patty Duke's character's teacher in The Miracle Worker?
2. Who heads the Foundation for Depression and Manic Depression in New York's Upper East Side?
3. Who played Patty's son in the film Please Don't Hit Me, Mom?
4. When was the Depressive and Manic-Depressive Association founded?
5. What is one of the common issues of families with a manic-depressive child?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the antidepressants discussed in Chapter 6.
2. What happens after hospitalization with bipolar patients?
3. What is Patty's biggest regret about her behavior before she was diagnosed?
4. What pressures did Patty put on herself in her family life? How did these lead to episodes?
5. What did making Call Me Anna cause Patty to see about manic depression and its effects on acting?
6. What led to Patty's depressions early in her marriage to John Astin?
7. What does Patty Duke conclude regarding talent and manic depression?
8. Discuss the effects of parents who pass on manic-depression to their children.
9. Discuss anticonvulsants and neuroleptics.
10. What concerns doctors in discussing manic depression and creativity?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)