|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Neuroleptic drugs are traditionally used to treat the symptoms of what?
(c) Multiple Personality Disorder.
2. Who was the director of the television movie Patty Duke made about her illness?
(a) Gil Cates.
(b) John Landing.
(c) James Smead.
(d) Andrew Brucker.
3. What did Patty often throw during her manic episodes?
(a) Her shoes.
(b) Her jewelry.
(c) Her wigs.
(d) Her Oscar.
4. Who was the pioneer in identifying manic-depressive illness?
(a) Emil Kraepelin.
(b) Cesare Lombroso.
(c) Sigmund Freud.
(d) Dr. Kay Jamison.
5. Patty Duke writes, "The tendency to _______ is something we've been doing for too long when it comes to manic depression."
(a) Look away.
(b) Hide it.
(c) Pretend it's not there.
(d) Expose only the negative.
Short Answer Questions
1. An overdose of lithium can result in what?
2. Which of the following is a neuroleptic drug?
3. Who is the mother of Ellen, who in high school developed manic depression?
4. Who did Patty Duke play in The Miracle Worker?
5. What is one indicator of oncoming manias?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the side effects associated with lithium?
2. Discuss anticonvulsants and neuroleptics.
3. What is Patty's biggest regret about her behavior before she was diagnosed?
4. What does Dr. Jamison believe doctors should do when treating the artist?
5. What happens after hospitalization with bipolar patients?
6. What pressures did Patty put on herself in her family life? How did these lead to episodes?
7. What did the psychiatrist and Patty disagree about regarding her manic "epiphany"?
8. What is the correlation between CEOs and manic depression?
9. What was Patty's experience like in making Call Me Anna?
10. Discuss the effects of parents who pass on manic-depression to their children.
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)