|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the Depressive and Manic-Depressive Association founded?
2. In the example of dealing with a spouse with the illness, who is married to Tracey?
3. Patty Duke writes, "The tendency to _______ is something we've been doing for too long when it comes to manic depression."
(a) Pretend it's not there.
(b) Expose only the negative.
(c) Look away.
(d) Hide it.
4. How many children did John Astin have from his previous marriage?
5. What did Patty often throw during her manic episodes?
(a) Her wigs.
(b) Her jewelry.
(c) Her Oscar.
(d) Her shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is an example in Chapter 10 that saw signs of manic depression in her married son?
2. What is the circuit with which John and Patty worked as actors and traveled?
3. In "A Marriage that Shattered," who is married to Larry?
4. "Even when there are little to no side effects, anywhere from ___ to ___ percent of people stop taking their lithium."
5. Who reportedly drank 16 double frozen daiquiris in one night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What can be the result of siblings coping with someone with manic depression?
2. When is it necessary to hospitalize a bipolar patient?
3. What did making Call Me Anna cause Patty to see about manic depression and its effects on acting?
4. What is Patty's biggest regret about her behavior before she was diagnosed?
5. What led to Patty overcoming her fear of death?
6. What was Patty's experience like in making Call Me Anna?
7. Discuss the antidepressants discussed in Chapter 6.
8. What is lithium? How did it come to be discovered?
9. What pressures did Patty put on herself in her family life? How did these lead to episodes?
10. What is the argument regarding treatment for the creative manic depressant?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)