|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Patty's adopted son?
2. In what year was lithium's effects on mania discovered?
3. What is one of the common issues of families with a manic-depressive child?
(a) Parents disagreeing over care.
(b) Money issues.
(c) Feelings of hatred.
(d) Feelings of wishful thinking.
4. What Wall Street trader testified in court that his manic-depressive illness led to his making bad business decisions?
(a) Phillip Bishop.
(b) Andrew Schwartzman.
(c) John Mulhern, Jr.
(d) James Alexander.
5. In the story about siblings dealing with manic depression, who is Judd's sister?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another name for the drug trazodone?
2. Neuroleptic drugs are traditionally used to treat the symptoms of what?
3. Who is the mother of Ellen, who in high school developed manic depression?
4. Who is the president of the Manic-Depressive Illness Foundation?
5. In what year was the book published upon which Patty's docudrama was based?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the antidepressants discussed in Chapter 6.
2. What did making Call Me Anna cause Patty to see about manic depression and its effects on acting?
3. Discuss anticonvulsants and neuroleptics.
4. What would happen in the fights between John Astin and Patty?
5. What happens after hospitalization with bipolar patients?
6. What can be the result of siblings coping with someone with manic depression?
7. In Chapter 10, the relationships between spouses with manic depression are discussed. Describe these.
8. What led to Patty overcoming her fear of death?
9. Discuss alcoholism and writers as discussed in the text.
10. Discuss the effects of parents who pass on manic-depression to their children.
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)