|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Patty Duke's character's teacher in The Miracle Worker?
(a) Sarah. Wilson.
(b) Susan Sullivan.
(c) Ashley Matthews.
(d) Rebecca Landson.
2. Who heads the Foundation for Depression and Manic Depression in New York's Upper East Side?
(a) Dr. James R. Singe.
(b) Dr. Michael E. Jansen.
(c) Dr. Ronald R. Fieve.
(d) Dr. Anderson W. Michaels.
3. Who adapted the screenplay for the television docudrama on Patty's life?
(a) John Steiner.
(b) Norah Ephron.
(c) Michelle Anderson.
(d) John McGreavey.
4. What is one indicator of oncoming manias?
(a) Decreased sex drive.
(b) Fevers and sweats.
(c) Increased sex drive.
5. From what play comes the line, "The lunatic, the lover, and the poet, are of imagination all compact"?
(a) A Midsummer Night's Dream.
(c) A Winter's Tale.
(d) Romeo and Juliet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the television movie Patty Duke made about her manic-depressive illness?
2. Who was the associate producer of Patty's television docudrama?
3. "Even when there are little to no side effects, anywhere from ___ to ___ percent of people stop taking their lithium."
4. What is Patty Duke's middle son's name?
5. The doctor who discovered lithium's effects on mania originally suspected that what was the culprit for the disease?
Short Essay Questions
1. What led to Patty overcoming her fear of death?
2. What pressures did Patty put on herself in her family life? How did these lead to episodes?
3. Discuss the effects of parents who pass on manic-depression to their children.
4. What is the correlation between CEOs and manic depression?
5. Discuss the antidepressants discussed in Chapter 6.
6. What is the argument regarding treatment for the creative manic depressant?
7. What is lithium? How did it come to be discovered?
8. What can be the result of siblings coping with someone with manic depression?
9. Discuss alcoholism and writers as discussed in the text.
10. Describe the concert presented by Dr. Kay Redfield Jamison. Who was featured?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)