|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one indicator of oncoming manias?
(a) Decreased sex drive.
(b) Increased sex drive.
(c) Fevers and sweats.
2. Who is the Stanley Harris Senior Professor and chairman of the department of psychiatry at Rush-Presbyterian St. Luke's Medical Center?
(a) Dr. Michael Overman.
(b) Dr. Brian Bateman.
(c) Dr. Jan Fawcett.
(d) Dr. Christopher Janson.
3. What is the name of the mother whose daughter convinced her to seek therapy and lithium changed her life?
4. What is one of the common issues of families with a manic-depressive child?
(a) Money issues.
(b) Parents disagreeing over care.
(c) Feelings of hatred.
(d) Feelings of wishful thinking.
5. Who was the associate producer of Patty's television docudrama?
(a) Jessica Warden.
(b) Lily Andrews.
(c) Peggy Griffin.
(d) Sarah Smithson.
Short Answer Questions
1. An overdose of lithium can result in what?
2. Patty Duke writes, "The tendency to _______ is something we've been doing for too long when it comes to manic depression."
3. All of the ______ medications are more effective for mania than against depression.
4. Who was Patty Duke's character's teacher in The Miracle Worker?
5. In what year did Patty marry her current husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the side effects associated with lithium?
2. What pressures did Patty put on herself in her family life? How did these lead to episodes?
3. What does Patty Duke conclude regarding talent and manic depression?
4. What led to Patty's depressions early in her marriage to John Astin?
5. What are the effects of dealing with a parent with manic depression?
6. What did making Call Me Anna cause Patty to see about manic depression and its effects on acting?
7. Discuss the effects of parents who pass on manic-depression to their children.
8. What "gift" does Patty Duke conclude she gained from her illness?
9. What was Patty's experience like in making Call Me Anna?
10. Discuss anticonvulsants and neuroleptics.
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)