|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the example of dealing with a spouse with the illness, who is married to Tracey?
2. What is another name for the drug trazodone?
3. Who was the associate producer of Patty's television docudrama?
(a) Peggy Griffin.
(b) Sarah Smithson.
(c) Jessica Warden.
(d) Lily Andrews.
4. Who did Patty Duke play in The Miracle Worker?
(a) Susan B. Anthony.
(b) Sylvia Plath.
(c) Elizabeth I.
(d) Helen Keller.
5. All of the ______ medications are more effective for mania than against depression.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what play comes the line, "The lunatic, the lover, and the poet, are of imagination all compact"?
2. How long after marrying John Astin did Patty realize she was pregnant?
3. What is the name of Patty's current husband?
4. Winston Churchill's biographer described him as what?
5. In what year did Patty Duke end up at Dr. Arlen's home at 2 a.m. having a manic episode?
Short Essay Questions
1. What would happen in the fights between John Astin and Patty?
2. What pressures did Patty put on herself in her family life? How did these lead to episodes?
3. What did making Call Me Anna cause Patty to see about manic depression and its effects on acting?
4. In Chapter 10, the relationships between spouses with manic depression are discussed. Describe these.
5. What are the effects of dealing with a parent with manic depression?
6. What led to Patty's depressions early in her marriage to John Astin?
7. What does Dr. Jamison believe doctors should do when treating the artist?
8. What did the psychiatrist and Patty disagree about regarding her manic "epiphany"?
9. What is lithium? How did it come to be discovered?
10. What concerns doctors in discussing manic depression and creativity?
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)