|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is another name for the drug Depakote?
2. What is the name of the television movie Patty Duke made about her manic-depressive illness?
(a) Call Me Anna.
(b) The Patty Duke You Didn't Know.
(c) Yesterday's Dreams.
(d) A Child Star.
3. In the story about Ellen, who developed bipolar disorder in high school, and her mother was her caretaker 17 years later, what did Ellen graduate college to become?
(b) Interior designer.
4. Patty Duke writes, "The tendency to _______ is something we've been doing for too long when it comes to manic depression."
(a) Pretend it's not there.
(b) Look away.
(c) Hide it.
(d) Expose only the negative.
5. What was Robert Campau referred to by one of his former employees?
(a) Ivan the Terrible.
Short Answer Questions
1. Monoamine oxidase inhibitors fell out of favor because they induced what?
2. How many children did John Astin have from his previous marriage?
3. Who is the controversial former Prime Minister of Israel referred to in Chapter 8?
4. What is another name for the drug trazodone?
5. Who was Patty Duke's character's teacher in The Miracle Worker?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after hospitalization with bipolar patients?
2. What are the effects of dealing with a parent with manic depression?
3. What are the side effects associated with lithium?
4. What does Patty Duke conclude regarding talent and manic depression?
5. Discuss alcoholism and writers as discussed in the text.
6. What did making Call Me Anna cause Patty to see about manic depression and its effects on acting?
7. What pressures did Patty put on herself in her family life? How did these lead to episodes?
8. Describe the concert presented by Dr. Kay Redfield Jamison. Who was featured?
9. What is lithium? How did it come to be discovered?
10. What is the argument regarding treatment for the creative manic depressant?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)