|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who played Patty's son in the film Please Don't Hit Me, Mom?
(a) Mackenzie Astin.
(b) Jason Astin.
(c) Sean Astin.
(d) Kevin Astin.
2. Who is an example in Chapter 10 that saw signs of manic depression in her married son?
3. Who reportedly drank 16 double frozen daiquiris in one night?
(b) James Conrad.
(d) Dorothy Parker.
4. Patty Duke writes that she believes all the people in her life prior to when were victimized by her illness?
5. What was Robert Campau referred to by one of his former employees?
(c) Ivan the Terrible.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Italian psychiatrist who wrote Man of Genius?
2. Who is the president of the Manic-Depressive Illness Foundation?
3. What is the circuit with which John and Patty worked as actors and traveled?
4. In the example of dealing with a spouse with the illness, who is married to Tracey?
5. Winston Churchill's biographer described him as what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dr. Jamison believe doctors should do when treating the artist?
2. What would happen in the fights between John Astin and Patty?
3. What pressures did Patty put on herself in her family life? How did these lead to episodes?
4. What is Patty's biggest regret about her behavior before she was diagnosed?
5. What are the effects of dealing with a parent with manic depression?
6. What happens after hospitalization with bipolar patients?
7. Describe the concert presented by Dr. Kay Redfield Jamison. Who was featured?
8. What are the side effects associated with lithium?
9. What did making Call Me Anna cause Patty to see about manic depression and its effects on acting?
10. What is the correlation between CEOs and manic depression?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)