|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Patty Duke has suffered episodes of mania as well as depression since her late teens but did not know the name of her illness until she was how old?
2. Patty Duke's mother was one of how many children?
3. Patty Duke did not recall having any manias before the age of what?
4. Who is the 38-year-old woman mentioned in Chapter 2 who moved nine times in three years and consistently changed careers?
5. Who is the Armenian-born psychiatrist dedicated to studying personality and mood disorders who is referred to in Chapter 2?
(a) Dr. Aing Skanil.
(b) Dr. Steven Balantzian.
(c) Dr. Hagop S. Akiskal.
(d) Dr. Sarah Adkinson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Patty Duke's father call her as a child?
2. Since what year has Patty Duke been taking lithium?
3. What was the way Patty attempted suicide the majority of the times?
4. Who is the Bipolar II woman from Chicago who says she wishes she could bottle her mania?
5. What is the one side effect that irritates Patty Duke in others, which she has not experienced from the drug?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the similarities of manic depression and schizophrenia? What are the differences?
2. What is unipolar depression? What are its symptoms?
3. What side effect of lithium causes a strong reaction to Patty Duke when hearing of it?
4. What is Bipolar I? What are the symptoms?
5. What do doctors say regarding environmental elements contributing to manic depression?
6. Who was Patty Duke's mother? What was the cause of her depression?
7. What does Patty remember of her mother as a child? Where was Patty relocated during her childhood?
8. When did Patty's symptoms appear in her life? What were they?
9. Discuss Patty's experience with the Rosses.
10. What does Patty believe is the contributor to her illness?
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)