|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In a study in Belgium, what percent of birth parents whose adopted children had manic depression had a history of mood disorders?
2. What psychiatric hospital did Patty's first husband take her to in Los Angeles?
(a) Mt. Sinai.
(b) Green Acres.
(c) Whispering Oaks.
3. What is the name of the doctor at the hospital which Patty called "Grandpa"?
(a) Michael McAndrew.
(b) Richard Hillburrow.
(c) Gerald Kimble.
(d) Jack Lomas.
4. Which of the forms of bipolar disorder is the most extreme?
(a) Bipolar II.
(b) Bipolar I.
(c) Bipolar III.
5. Patty Duke has suffered episodes of mania as well as depression since her late teens but did not know the name of her illness until she was how old?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Patty Duke when she was writing the book?
2. When was Patty Duke's first big, public manic episode?
3. Who is the Armenian-born psychiatrist dedicated to studying personality and mood disorders who is referred to in Chapter 2?
4. Patty Duke did not recall having any manias before the age of what?
5. Who was Patty's first husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. When are patients typically diagnosed with bipolar depression?
2. What is Patty Duke's experience with psychotherapy?
3. Discuss Patty's experience with the Rosses.
4. What does Patty believe is the contributor to her illness?
5. What do doctors say regarding environmental elements contributing to manic depression?
6. Discuss the study performed on the Amish regarding manic depression.
7. Describe Bipolar II.
8. Why didn't Patty's husbands commit her to hospitals? What was her experience when she was institutionalized?
9. What led up to the manic episode which led to Patty's first marriage?
10. Discuss what cyclothymes is. How is this related to bipolar disorder?
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)