|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who played Patty's son in the film Please Don't Hit Me, Mom?
(a) Jason Astin.
(b) Kevin Astin.
(c) Mackenzie Astin.
(d) Sean Astin.
2. Who heads the Foundation for Depression and Manic Depression in New York's Upper East Side?
(a) Dr. Michael E. Jansen.
(b) Dr. Ronald R. Fieve.
(c) Dr. Anderson W. Michaels.
(d) Dr. James R. Singe.
3. Who is an example in Chapter 10 that saw signs of manic depression in her married son?
4. Patty Duke writes that she believes all the people in her life prior to when were victimized by her illness?
5. In the example of dealing with a spouse with the illness, who is married to Tracey?
6. Who is the mother of Ellen, who in high school developed manic depression?
7. What is the married son's name whose mother saw the signs of his oncoming manic depression in Chapter 10?
8. All of the ______ medications are more effective for mania than against depression.
9. Who was John Astin's 12-year-old son who came to live with him and Patty?
10. Who discovered lithium's effects on mania?
(a) Dr. James F. Cobb.
(b) Dr. Andrew Steiner.
(c) Dr. John F. J. Cade.
(d) Dr. Mildred Wilson.
11. Where does Patty's brother live?
(a) New York.
12. Neuroleptic drugs are traditionally used to treat the symptoms of what?
(d) Multiple Personality Disorder.
13. What is the name of Patty's current husband?
14. What is the name of the mother whose daughter convinced her to seek therapy and lithium changed her life?
15. Who was the associate producer of Patty's television docudrama?
(a) Peggy Griffin.
(b) Jessica Warden.
(c) Sarah Smithson.
(d) Lily Andrews.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who reportedly drank 16 double frozen daiquiris in one night?
2. What is another name for the drug trazodone?
3. In the story about Ellen, who developed bipolar disorder in high school, and her mother was her caretaker 17 years later, what did Ellen graduate college to become?
4. From what play comes the line, "The lunatic, the lover, and the poet, are of imagination all compact"?
5. What is the circuit with which John and Patty worked as actors and traveled?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)