|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was it that Patty's best friend lived across the street from her?
(b) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
2. What is the married son's name whose mother saw the signs of his oncoming manic depression in Chapter 10?
3. The doctor who discovered lithium's effects on mania originally suspected that what was the culprit for the disease?
4. In what year did Patty Duke make her television movie about her manic-depressive illness?
5. How long after marrying John Astin did Patty realize she was pregnant?
(a) One year.
(b) Six months.
(c) Two months.
(d) One month.
6. Who discovered lithium's effects on mania?
(a) Dr. John F. J. Cade.
(b) Dr. James F. Cobb.
(c) Dr. Andrew Steiner.
(d) Dr. Mildred Wilson.
7. In what year did Patty marry her current husband?
8. What is another name for the drug Depakote?
9. What is Patty's best friend's name?
(c) Mary Lou.
10. What is the name of the television movie Patty Duke made about her manic-depressive illness?
(a) Call Me Anna.
(b) Yesterday's Dreams.
(c) A Child Star.
(d) The Patty Duke You Didn't Know.
11. What is the name of Patty's adopted son?
12. Charles Burney was the biographer of which composer?
13. Why couldn't John work as a screenwriter during one period of Patty's marriage?
(a) She wouldn't let him.
(b) He was an alcoholic.
(c) He was fired.
(d) There was a strike.
14. Who is one of the authors of the book Manic-Depressive Illness and an associate professor of psychiatry at John Hopkins University?
(a) Dr. Kay Redfield Jamison.
(b) Dr. Katherine M. Barron.
(c) Dr. Joachim M. Boyle.
(d) Dr. William C. Boyd.
15. What is the name of Patty's current husband?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the Depressive and Manic-Depressive Association founded?
2. Who was John Astin's 12-year-old son who came to live with him and Patty?
3. Who is the Stanley Harris Senior Professor and chairman of the department of psychiatry at Rush-Presbyterian St. Luke's Medical Center?
4. Who is the author of the book, Touched with Fire: Manic-Depressive Illness and the Artistic Temperament?
5. Who is the controversial former Prime Minister of Israel referred to in Chapter 8?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)