|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story about Ellen, who developed bipolar disorder in high school, and her mother was her caretaker 17 years later, what did Ellen graduate college to become?
(c) Interior designer.
2. Winston Churchill's biographer described him as what?
(c) Manic depressive.
3. In what year was the book published upon which Patty's docudrama was based?
4. In what year was lithium's effects on mania discovered?
5. Who is the Stanley Harris Senior Professor and chairman of the department of psychiatry at Rush-Presbyterian St. Luke's Medical Center?
(a) Dr. Christopher Janson.
(b) Dr. Michael Overman.
(c) Dr. Brian Bateman.
(d) Dr. Jan Fawcett.
6. What is the name of the television movie Patty Duke made about her manic-depressive illness?
(a) Yesterday's Dreams.
(b) A Child Star.
(c) The Patty Duke You Didn't Know.
(d) Call Me Anna.
7. In what year did Patty Duke end up at Dr. Arlen's home at 2 a.m. having a manic episode?
8. Who was John Astin's 12-year-old son who came to live with him and Patty?
9. In "A Marriage that Shattered," who is married to Larry?
10. When were monoamine oxidase inhibitors ushered into the antidepressant era?
11. Who is the mother of Ellen, who in high school developed manic depression?
12. What is another name for the drug Depakote?
13. What is another name for the drug trazodone?
14. From what play comes the line, "The lunatic, the lover, and the poet, are of imagination all compact"?
(a) Romeo and Juliet.
(c) A Winter's Tale.
(d) A Midsummer Night's Dream.
15. All of the ______ medications are more effective for mania than against depression.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a neuroleptic drug?
2. In the story about siblings dealing with manic depression, who is Judd's sister?
3. Who is the Italian psychiatrist who wrote Man of Genius?
4. Where did Akiskal study 750 psychiatric patients looking for a link between creativity and manic depression?
5. Who was the seventh-century commander-in-chief and Lord Protector of England?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)