|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "A Marriage that Shattered," who is married to Larry?
2. What is another name for the drug Prozac?
3. Who was Patty Duke's character's teacher in The Miracle Worker?
(a) Sarah. Wilson.
(b) Ashley Matthews.
(c) Rebecca Landson.
(d) Susan Sullivan.
4. What Wall Street trader testified in court that his manic-depressive illness led to his making bad business decisions?
(a) Andrew Schwartzman.
(b) John Mulhern, Jr.
(c) James Alexander.
(d) Phillip Bishop.
5. When were monoamine oxidase inhibitors ushered into the antidepressant era?
6. An overdose of lithium can result in what?
7. Patty Duke writes that she believes all the people in her life prior to when were victimized by her illness?
8. Who reportedly drank 16 double frozen daiquiris in one night?
(b) Dorothy Parker.
(c) James Conrad.
9. Where do Patty's sister and her husband live?
10. Who is the Stanley Harris Senior Professor and chairman of the department of psychiatry at Rush-Presbyterian St. Luke's Medical Center?
(a) Dr. Christopher Janson.
(b) Dr. Brian Bateman.
(c) Dr. Michael Overman.
(d) Dr. Jan Fawcett.
11. Who played Patty's son in the film Please Don't Hit Me, Mom?
(a) Mackenzie Astin.
(b) Kevin Astin.
(c) Sean Astin.
(d) Jason Astin.
12. How many people were present at the first reading of the script of Patty's television movie?
13. Who did Patty Duke play in The Miracle Worker?
(a) Helen Keller.
(b) Susan B. Anthony.
(c) Sylvia Plath.
(d) Elizabeth I.
14. Who wrote the book, Movie Stars, Real People, and Me?
(a) Judith Bakely.
(b) Jennifer Anderson.
(c) Joshua Logan.
(d) Sean Astin.
15. What is the name of Patty's current husband?
Short Answer Questions
1. Duke writes, "I don't take it lightly when I say there are moments in the theater that are to me a ______ experience."
2. What is one of the common issues of families with a manic-depressive child?
3. What is the name of the drug also referred to as Tegretol?
4. What did Patty Duke also do with the docudrama she made for television?
5. What is the name of the mother whose daughter convinced her to seek therapy and lithium changed her life?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)