|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Within how many weeks did lithium begin to work for Patty Duke?
2. What door did Patty begin keeping open to prove to her sons that she had changed?
(d) Back door.
3. Patty claims she doesn't like to do what to prove she can act?
(a) Meet casting agents.
(b) Take lunches.
4. What is the name of Patty's oldest son?
5. In 1985, Dr. Akiskal reported results of a study on how many children or younger siblings of adult bipolar patients?
6. For how many years did Patty Duke suffer severely with her illness before she was finally diagnosed as manic depressive?
7. When Patty was about 12, where was her mother living?
(c) New Jersey.
(d) The Bronx.
8. Who is the director of the U.S. Alcohol, Drug Abuse, and Mental Health Administration referred to in Chapter 2?
(a) Dr. Emily Franklin.
(b) Dr. Frederick K. Goodwin.
(c) Dr. Frederick Wolverton.
(d) Dr. Doris H. Rosenfeld.
9. What ex-boyfriend of Patty's did she indirectly apologize to, by way of siblings or friends?
10. In what person is Chapter 1 written?
(a) Second person.
(b) Fourth person.
(c) First person.
(d) Third person.
11. Patty Duke's panic attacks almost always revolved around what?
(a) Being on subways.
(b) Her own death.
(c) The death of others.
(d) Being left alone.
12. In a study in Belgium, what percent of birth parents whose adopted children had manic depression had a history of mood disorders?
13. More than ten million people a year in the United States alone complain of symptoms of what?
(b) Bipolar depression.
(c) Reactive depression.
(d) Unipolar depression.
14. Patty Duke says that one of the few, slight side effects she gets from the lithium is what?
(c) Weight gain.
(d) Hair loss.
15. When was Patty Duke's first big, public manic episode?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Patty Duke feel when she was diagnosed with manic depressive illness?
2. How old was Patty Duke when she was writing the book?
3. What is the one side effect that irritates Patty Duke in others, which she has not experienced from the drug?
4. Who was the producer of The Patty Duke Show?
5. Researchers believe that there is a link between the gene which may pass along traits of manic-depressive illness and what chromosome?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)