|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what neighborhood did Patty's parents grow up?
(a) Kips Bay.
(b) Park Slope.
2. In a study in Belgium, what percent of birth parents whose adopted children had manic depression had a history of mood disorders?
3. Patty Duke's panic attacks became very clear to her around what age?
4. What was the way Patty attempted suicide the majority of the times?
(a) Slitting her wrists.
(b) Jumping in front of a car.
(c) Drowning herself.
(d) Overdosing on pills.
5. Like manic-depressive illness, _______ usually begins late in adolescence and early adulthood and shares similar full-blown psychotic symptoms.
(a) Unipolar depression.
(d) Borderline personality disorder.
6. In studies of twins where one identical twin had manic-depressive disorder, what is the percentage of cases where the other twin also developed it?
7. Who was the sister who raised Patty Duke's mother?
8. Whose research states that of the unipolar depressives who commit suicide most will have visited their doctor within the month?
(a) Dr. Emily Watson.
(b) Dr. Frederick Wolverson.
(c) Dr. Seymor J. Williams.
(d) Dr. George Murphy.
9. Who was the producer of The Patty Duke Show?
(a) William Anderson.
(b) Bob Sweeney.
(c) Jeremy Robinson.
(d) Michael Feinstein.
10. How old was Patty Duke when she was writing the book?
11. When Patty was about 12, where was her mother living?
(a) New Jersey.
(b) The Bronx.
12. What ex-boyfriend of Patty's did she indirectly apologize to, by way of siblings or friends?
13. What is the term for depressions which are a normal response to a major trauma?
(a) Normal depression.
(b) Unipolar depression.
(c) Reactive depression.
(d) Actuary depression.
14. What is Patty's brother's name?
15. Patty Duke's mother was one of how many children?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the term for "mild ups and downs"?
2. What psychiatric hospital did Patty's first husband take her to in Los Angeles?
3. Researchers in Washington D.C. were studying how many patients whose depressions started in the spring and ended in the fall?
4. For the past year, Dr. McKnew has been treating two four-year-olds whom he diagnosed having manic-depression with what?
5. What is the name of the cemetery which Patty passed going to visit her mother where she always had panic attacks?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)