|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Patty when her parents split up?
2. What kind of hat did Patty's father almost always wear?
(a) A gray fedora.
(b) A bowler hat.
(c) A top hat.
(d) A black fedora.
3. How many pills of lithium does Patty Duke take per day?
4. Patty Duke says that one of the few, slight side effects she gets from the lithium is what?
(a) Weight gain.
(b) Hair loss.
5. Who is the 35-year-old artist used as an example in the section of Bipolar II?
6. When Patty was about 12, where was her mother living?
(b) New Jersey.
(c) The Bronx.
7. In a study in Belgium, among the adoptive parents of bipolar adoptees, the prevalence in mental illness was what percent?
8. Who is the assistant professor of psychiatry at McLean Hospital at Harvard medical school?
(a) Dr. Frederick M. Wolverton.
(b) Dr. Sarah M. Wilkinson.
(c) Dr. Sanjay D. Deepak.
(d) Dr. Anthony J. Rothschild.
9. How old was Patty Duke when she was writing the book?
10. What is Patty Duke's mother's name?
11. The increased risk of developing a mood disorder from having a first-degree relative who also has a mood disorder is how many times that of someone without that history?
12. What is the name of the woman who, at the age of forty-five, relates her experiences in Chapter 2 in "Only One Mania" ?
13. Researchers believe that there is a link between the gene which may pass along traits of manic-depressive illness and what chromosome?
14. What is the name of the forty-two-year-old mother of two who voluntarily participated in the study for winter depression?
15. What was the way Patty attempted suicide the majority of the times?
(a) Slitting her wrists.
(b) Drowning herself.
(c) Overdosing on pills.
(d) Jumping in front of a car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the third book Patty is writing and says she's doing research for?
2. For how many years did Patty Duke suffer severely with her illness before she was finally diagnosed as manic depressive?
3. In a 1969-research project at Washington University in St. Louis, researchers found that in two families, everyone that was ______ was also manic-depressive.
4. Patty Duke's mother was one of how many children?
5. Patty Duke's father was what?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)