|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In a 1969-research project at Washington University in St. Louis, researchers found that in two families, everyone that was ______ was also manic-depressive.
2. Who is the assistant professor of psychiatry at McLean Hospital at Harvard medical school?
(a) Dr. Sarah M. Wilkinson.
(b) Dr. Frederick M. Wolverton.
(c) Dr. Anthony J. Rothschild.
(d) Dr. Sanjay D. Deepak.
3. Patty Duke says that one of the few, slight side effects she gets from the lithium is what?
(b) Hair loss.
(d) Weight gain.
4. How much older is Patty's brother than her?
(a) 4 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 2 years.
5. What kind of hat did Patty's father almost always wear?
(a) A bowler hat.
(b) A black fedora.
(c) A gray fedora.
(d) A top hat.
6. What is Patty's brother's name?
7. How old was Patty when she stopped living with her managers?
8. Since what year has Patty Duke been taking lithium?
9. What is the name of the third book Patty is writing and says she's doing research for?
(a) Call Me Anna.
(b) Patty Duke's Little Beige Pill.
(c) Patty Duke's Lost Years.
(d) Patty Duke's Pacific Northwest Pit Stop Guide.
10. What researcher from Yale University School of Medicine participated in the study from Jerusalem on genetic connections?
(a) Dr. Frances Stein.
(b) Dr. Ronna Pennington.
(c) Dr. Neil Risch.
(d) Dr. Samuel Ross.
11. In what person is Chapter 1 written?
(a) Fourth person.
(b) Second person.
(c) Third person.
(d) First person.
12. How did Patty Duke feel when she was diagnosed with manic depressive illness?
13. The increased risk of developing a mood disorder from having a first-degree relative who also has a mood disorder is how many times that of someone without that history?
14. Until what era was mental illness considered to be rooted in psychological trauma?
15. Patty Duke's father was what?
(b) An alcoholic.
(d) A teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how many years did Patty Duke suffer severely with her illness before she was finally diagnosed as manic depressive?
2. What ex-boyfriend of Patty's did she indirectly apologize to, by way of siblings or friends?
3. What is the name of the doctor at the hospital which Patty called "Grandpa"?
4. In a study in Belgium, among the adoptive parents of bipolar adoptees, the prevalence in mental illness was what percent?
5. Whose research states that of the unipolar depressives who commit suicide most will have visited their doctor within the month?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)