|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What percentage of unipolar depressives will eventually commit suicide?
2. How did Patty Duke feel when she was diagnosed with manic depressive illness?
3. What is Patty's brother's name?
4. When was Patty Duke's first big, public manic episode?
5. What did "Grandpa Duke" do for a living?
(a) He was an engineer.
(b) He was a bartender.
(c) He was a mechanic.
(d) He was a cab driver.
6. How old was Patty when her father died?
7. What kind of hat did Patty's father almost always wear?
(a) A black fedora.
(b) A top hat.
(c) A gray fedora.
(d) A bowler hat.
8. Who is the assistant professor of psychiatry at McLean Hospital at Harvard medical school?
(a) Dr. Frederick M. Wolverton.
(b) Dr. Sarah M. Wilkinson.
(c) Dr. Anthony J. Rothschild.
(d) Dr. Sanjay D. Deepak.
9. More than ten million people a year in the United States alone complain of symptoms of what?
(a) Bipolar depression.
(b) Unipolar depression.
(d) Reactive depression.
10. Patty Duke has suffered episodes of mania as well as depression since her late teens but did not know the name of her illness until she was how old?
11. What is the name of the doctor at the hospital which Patty called "Grandpa"?
(a) Michael McAndrew.
(b) Jack Lomas.
(c) Gerald Kimble.
(d) Richard Hillburrow.
12. Who was the sister who raised Patty Duke's mother?
13. In studies of twins where one identical twin had manic-depressive disorder, what is the percentage of cases where the other twin also developed it?
14. What does Bipolar III indicate?
(a) Manic all of the time.
(b) Medicated into mania.
(c) Manic most of the time.
(d) Depressive with mixed states.
15. Patty Duke's panic attacks almost always revolved around what?
(a) Her own death.
(b) Being left alone.
(c) Being on subways.
(d) The death of others.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the term for depressions which are a normal response to a major trauma?
2. How old was Patty's father when he died?
3. What is Patty Duke's mother's name?
4. Patty Duke's father was what?
5. Who was Patty's first husband?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)