|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, Life After Manic Depression.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Bipolar II woman from Chicago who says she wishes she could bottle her mania?
2. Patty Duke's panic attacks almost always revolved around what?
(a) Being on subways.
(b) Her own death.
(c) The death of others.
(d) Being left alone.
3. In the story about siblings dealing with manic depression, who is Judd's sister?
4. In what movie did Patty recently film prior to the book which dealt with a cancer-stricken mother committing suicide?
(a) The Sorrowland.
(b) The Days.
(c) Last Wish.
(d) The Mountaintop.
5. More than ten million people a year in the United States alone complain of symptoms of what?
(a) Reactive depression.
(b) Bipolar depression.
(d) Unipolar depression.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was John Astin's 12-year-old son who came to live with him and Patty?
2. What is another name for the drug trazodone?
3. Whose research states that of the unipolar depressives who commit suicide most will have visited their doctor within the month?
4. How old was Patty when her parents split up?
5. When was Patty Duke's first big, public manic episode?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)