|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, The Creativity Connection.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Patty Duke play in The Miracle Worker?
(a) Susan B. Anthony.
(b) Helen Keller.
(c) Sylvia Plath.
(d) Elizabeth I.
2. Who played Patty's son in the film Please Don't Hit Me, Mom?
(a) Sean Astin.
(b) Jason Astin.
(c) Kevin Astin.
(d) Mackenzie Astin.
3. In a study in Belgium, among the adoptive parents of bipolar adoptees, the prevalence in mental illness was what percent?
4. How low did Patty's weight get when she was anorexic?
(a) 80 lbs.
(b) 85 lbs.
(c) 69 lbs.
(d) 73 lbs.
5. What do some mental health experts refer to "the mixed states" as?
(a) Joyful misery.
(b) Hysterical sadness.
(c) Despairing anxiety.
(d) Morose hysteria.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the doctor at the hospital which Patty called "Grandpa"?
2. What psychiatric hospital did Patty's first husband take her to in Los Angeles?
3. What is the name of the drug also referred to as Tegretol?
4. From what play comes the line, "The lunatic, the lover, and the poet, are of imagination all compact"?
5. What is the term for patients whose mood changes collide with one another, from month to month, day to day, sometimes even within the same day?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)