|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Who Gets Manic-Depressive Illness?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Patty Duke when she was writing the book?
2. Patty Duke's panic attacks almost always revolved around what?
(a) Being left alone.
(b) Being on subways.
(c) The death of others.
(d) Her own death.
3. Whose research states that of the unipolar depressives who commit suicide most will have visited their doctor within the month?
(a) Dr. Frederick Wolverson.
(b) Dr. Emily Watson.
(c) Dr. Seymor J. Williams.
(d) Dr. George Murphy.
4. More than ten million people a year in the United States alone complain of symptoms of what?
(b) Unipolar depression.
(c) Bipolar depression.
(d) Reactive depression.
5. At the time the book was written, the Amish study was continuing covering how many subjects from 11 families?
Short Answer Questions
1. The increased risk of developing a mood disorder from having a first-degree relative who also has a mood disorder is how many times that of someone without that history?
2. In what neighborhood did Patty's parents grow up?
3. Who is the Armenian-born psychiatrist dedicated to studying personality and mood disorders who is referred to in Chapter 2?
4. What is the term for patients whose mood changes collide with one another, from month to month, day to day, sometimes even within the same day?
5. Patty duke writes, "____ was the most oppressive thing about living with the Rosses."
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)