|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Many Faces of Manic-Depressive Illness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the forms of bipolar disorder is the most extreme?
(b) Bipolar III.
(c) Bipolar II.
(d) Bipolar I.
2. Who is the 35-year-old artist used as an example in the section of Bipolar II?
3. What do some mental health experts refer to "the mixed states" as?
(a) Hysterical sadness.
(b) Morose hysteria.
(c) Joyful misery.
(d) Despairing anxiety.
4. What percentage of unipolar depressives will eventually commit suicide?
5. What is the term for patients whose mood changes collide with one another, from month to month, day to day, sometimes even within the same day?
(a) Rapid cyclers.
(d) Frequency bipolars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the director of the U.S. Alcohol, Drug Abuse, and Mental Health Administration referred to in Chapter 2?
2. When was Patty Duke's first big, public manic episode?
3. For how many years did Patty Duke suffer severely with her illness before she was finally diagnosed as manic depressive?
4. What is the name of the play starring Susan Clark about three women in which Patty performed in Los Angeles?
5. What is the term for "mild ups and downs"?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)