|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Families Suffer and Learn.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Like manic-depressive illness, _______ usually begins late in adolescence and early adulthood and shares similar full-blown psychotic symptoms.
(b) Unipolar depression.
(c) Borderline personality disorder.
2. What is one indicator of oncoming manias?
(b) Decreased sex drive.
(c) Increased sex drive.
(d) Fevers and sweats.
3. Who discovered lithium's effects on mania?
(a) Dr. James F. Cobb.
(b) Dr. Andrew Steiner.
(c) Dr. Mildred Wilson.
(d) Dr. John F. J. Cade.
4. What was the way Patty attempted suicide the majority of the times?
(a) Drowning herself.
(b) Slitting her wrists.
(c) Overdosing on pills.
(d) Jumping in front of a car.
5. Why couldn't John work as a screenwriter during one period of Patty's marriage?
(a) He was an alcoholic.
(b) There was a strike.
(c) She wouldn't let him.
(d) He was fired.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the seventh-century commander-in-chief and Lord Protector of England?
2. In what year did Patty's parent's marry?
3. For how many years did Patty Duke suffer severely with her illness before she was finally diagnosed as manic depressive?
4. The doctor who discovered lithium's effects on mania originally suspected that what was the culprit for the disease?
5. Patty Duke's father was what?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)