|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Families Suffer and Learn.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the term for depressions which are a normal response to a major trauma?
(a) Unipolar depression.
(b) Actuary depression.
(c) Normal depression.
(d) Reactive depression.
2. Who was Patty Duke's character's teacher in The Miracle Worker?
(a) Ashley Matthews.
(b) Sarah. Wilson.
(c) Susan Sullivan.
(d) Rebecca Landson.
3. Whose research states that of the unipolar depressives who commit suicide most will have visited their doctor within the month?
(a) Dr. Frederick Wolverson.
(b) Dr. George Murphy.
(c) Dr. Emily Watson.
(d) Dr. Seymor J. Williams.
4. In what year did Patty Duke make her television movie about her manic-depressive illness?
5. Monoamine oxidase inhibitors fell out of favor because they induced what?
(b) High blood pressure.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who writes, "For every Hemingway, there are thousands of manic-depressives whose lives are ruined"?
2. How many pills of lithium does Patty Duke take per day?
3. Within how many weeks did lithium begin to work for Patty Duke?
4. Who was the couple who managed Patty Duke as a child?
5. When was the Depressive and Manic-Depressive Association founded?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)