|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Who Gets Manic-Depressive Illness?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In a study in Belgium, among the adoptive parents of bipolar adoptees, the prevalence in mental illness was what percent?
2. In a study in Belgium, what percent of birth parents whose adopted children had manic depression had a history of mood disorders?
3. For how many years did Patty Duke suffer severely with her illness before she was finally diagnosed as manic depressive?
4. What is Patty Duke's mother's name?
5. Researchers in Washington D.C. were studying how many patients whose depressions started in the spring and ended in the fall?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Patty's brother's name?
2. Patty Duke's father was what?
3. In 1985, Dr. Akiskal reported results of a study on how many children or younger siblings of adult bipolar patients?
4. Patty Duke has suffered episodes of mania as well as depression since her late teens but did not know the name of her illness until she was how old?
5. In what person is Chapter 1 written?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)