|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Who Gets Manic-Depressive Illness?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Researchers in Washington D.C. were studying how many patients whose depressions started in the spring and ended in the fall?
2. Until what era was mental illness considered to be rooted in psychological trauma?
3. For how many years did Patty Duke suffer severely with her illness before she was finally diagnosed as manic depressive?
4. Patty Duke has suffered episodes of mania as well as depression since her late teens but did not know the name of her illness until she was how old?
5. Who was the couple who managed Patty Duke as a child?
(a) The Rosses.
(b) The Steiners.
(c) The Fitzmaurices.
(d) The Gardners.
Short Answer Questions
1. In a 1969-research project at Washington University in St. Louis, researchers found that in two families, everyone that was ______ was also manic-depressive.
2. What did "Grandpa Duke" do for a living?
3. Who is the 38-year-old woman mentioned in Chapter 2 who moved nine times in three years and consistently changed careers?
4. For the past year, Dr. McKnew has been treating two four-year-olds whom he diagnosed having manic-depression with what?
5. What is the term for depressions which are a normal response to a major trauma?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)