|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Who Gets Manic-Depressive Illness?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the 38-year-old woman mentioned in Chapter 2 who moved nine times in three years and consistently changed careers?
2. When was Patty Duke's first big, public manic episode?
3. Patty Duke's panic attacks became very clear to her around what age?
4. Who was the sister who raised Patty Duke's mother?
5. What was the way Patty attempted suicide the majority of the times?
(a) Slitting her wrists.
(b) Jumping in front of a car.
(c) Drowning herself.
(d) Overdosing on pills.
Short Answer Questions
1. In a 1969-research project at Washington University in St. Louis, researchers found that in two families, everyone that was ______ was also manic-depressive.
2. How old was Patty when her parents split up?
3. What researcher from Yale University School of Medicine participated in the study from Jerusalem on genetic connections?
4. Patty Duke's father was what?
5. Who is the medical sociologist at the University of Miami School of Medicine and one of the field's major researchers in analyzing DNA?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)