|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, My Family and Friends.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was John Astin's 12-year-old son who came to live with him and Patty?
2. Who is one of the authors of the book Manic-Depressive Illness and an associate professor of psychiatry at John Hopkins University?
(a) Dr. William C. Boyd.
(b) Dr. Joachim M. Boyle.
(c) Dr. Katherine M. Barron.
(d) Dr. Kay Redfield Jamison.
3. What did "Grandpa Duke" do for a living?
(a) He was a bartender.
(b) He was a mechanic.
(c) He was an engineer.
(d) He was a cab driver.
4. How long after marrying John Astin did Patty realize she was pregnant?
(a) One month.
(b) Two months.
(c) One year.
(d) Six months.
5. In what neighborhood did Patty's parents grow up?
(b) Kips Bay.
(d) Park Slope.
Short Answer Questions
1. All of the ______ medications are more effective for mania than against depression.
2. What kind of hat did Patty's father almost always wear?
3. Who discovered lithium's effects on mania?
4. "Even when there are little to no side effects, anywhere from ___ to ___ percent of people stop taking their lithium."
5. When was Patty's mother diagnosed with unipolar depression?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)