|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Pinkie's reaction when Rose tells him that she knows he killed Kibber?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He changes the subject.
(c) He is surprised.
(d) He is amused.
2. What is the initial reaction of Rose's parents when Pinkie asks for their permission to marry her in Part 5, Chapter 3?
(a) They refuse.
(b) They ignore him.
(c) They ask him to leave.
(d) They agree to think about it.
3. How long does Rose ask Pinkie to postpone his plan for at the end of Part 7, Chapter 7?
(a) Two more days.
(b) Two more weeks.
(c) One more day.
(d) One more week.
4. What type of pastry is Ida eating in Part 5, Chapter 4?
5. What does Rose tell Pinkie at the end of Part 7, Chapter 4?
(a) She thinks the marriage might have been a mistake.
(b) Everything will not be alright.
(c) Everything will be alright.
(d) She knows the marriage was not a mistake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which important piece of information does Ida tell Rose in Part 7, Chapter 1?
2. What does Colleoni offer Pinkie to leave Brighton in Part 7, Chapter 5?
3. Who is with Pinkie as he waits for Rose in Part 6, Chapter 2?
4. How are the streets of Brighton described in Part 6, Chapter 1?
5. As she and Pinkie go to the Cosmopolitan in Part 6, Chapter 2, what does she tell him she is bringing from her old life?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which warnings does Ida give to Rose during their conversation in Part 4, Chapter 2?
2. Why does Cubitt go to the Cosmopolitan and who does he meet first there?
3. Where is Pinkie as Ida talks with Rose in Part 7, Chapter 2, and how does Rose tell him about Ida's visit?
4. Where do Pinkie and Rose seek shelter after their marriage and how does Pinkie record a message for Rose?
5. How is Cubitt described in Part 6, Chapter 1?
6. What information does Ida receive from Cubitt during their conversation?
7. Why does Rose go to Snow's after her marriage and who does she talk with there?
8. How do Pinkie and Dallow respond to Colleoni's offer in Part 7, Chapter 5?
9. What crime does Pinkie commit in front of Mr. Prewitt in Part 4, Chapter 3?
10. How does Ida have the chance to talk with Rose in Part 4, Chapter 2?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)