|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As indicated in the beginning of the book, how long after arriving at Brighton did Hale know he was in danger?
(a) One hour.
(b) Two days.
(c) Four days.
(d) Three hours.
2. What is Spicer doing when Pinkie gets to the boarding house in Part 3, Chapter 4?
3. To make a point about what happens to people that interfere with the mob, what does Pinkie have in Part 2, Chapter 1?
(a) A lighter.
(b) A list of names.
(c) A box of matches.
(d) A bottle of vitriol.
4. For which paper does Fred Hale write?
(a) Daily Observer.
(b) London Times.
(c) Daily Messenger.
(d) London Inquisitor.
5. Revealed during his conversation with Colleoni in Part 2, Chapter 2, how old is Pinkie?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ida decide to find Fred's killer at the end of Part 1, Chapter 3?
2. Which one of the following best describes the ordering process of Rose and Pinkie at the restaurant in Part 2, Chapter 1?
3. Why do Pinkie and Rose choose to sit and listen to music at the restaurant?
4. When does Hale arrive at the pub in Part 1, Chapter 1?
5. According to the rules of the scavenger hunt, where does Hale travel until he is recognized by a reader?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ida react to seeing Hale's police file?
2. Why is Fred Hale in Brighton?
3. What do Ida and Tate talk about in Part 3, Chapter 1?
4. What two surprises are waiting for Pinkie and Spicer at the track in Part 4, Chapter 1?
5. What happens when Ida revisits the pier where Hale was last seen?
6. Which options does Spicer think about after receiving Rose's telephone call in Part 3, Chapter 2?
7. What illnesses does Spicer have in Part 3, Chapter 2, and how does he find out about Pinkie's arrest?
8. What do Pinkie and his gang discuss in Part 1, Chapter 2?
9. As it is revealed in Part 2, Chapter 1, how was Kite, Pinkie's former gang leader, killed?
10. How does Pinkie respond to Spicer's warning about the mob's participation in more killings in Part 2, Chapter 1?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)