|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Ida and Phil go after the police station?
(a) The pier where Hale was last seen.
(b) The newspaper office.
(c) The tea room.
(d) Back to the restaurant.
2. Why does Pinkie detest himself after escaping from Colleoni's men?
(a) For not being prepared.
(b) For running away.
(c) For setting up Spicer.
(d) For falling for the trap.
3. Where is Ida when Part 1, Chapter 3 starts?
4. When does Hale arrive at the pub in Part 1, Chapter 1?
(b) Late morning.
(d) Early evening.
5. Which one of the following best describes the ordering process of Rose and Pinkie at the restaurant in Part 2, Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pinkie respond when Spicer asks him about the police?
2. Where do Pinkie and Rose go to dinner in Part 2, Chapter 1?
3. When would the British paper that Hale works for typically sponsor their "scavenger hunts"?
4. What does Pinkie mockingly call Rose in Part 2, Chapter 1?
5. What does Hale do when the boy approaches him for the second time in Part 1, Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Pinkie and Rose go after he is released from the police and what kind of a flashback does Pinkie have?
2. What is Rose's opinion of Ida as she describes her for Pinkie in Part 3, Chapter 3?
3. What condition is Ida in when she wakes up in Part 3, Chapter 1?
4. How does Pinkie get arrested at the end of Part 2, Chapter 2?
5. What illnesses does Spicer have in Part 3, Chapter 2, and how does he find out about Pinkie's arrest?
6. What happens during Pinkie and Rose's date in Part 2, Chapter 1?
7. How does Hale disappear at the end of Part 1, Chapter 1?
8. Why is Pinkie upset with himself in Part 4, Chapter 2, and how does Rose try to help him?
9. What events cause Ida to decide to return to Brighton?
10. Where does Hale's first encounter with the boy at Brighton take place and what happens?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)