|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Pinkie talk to Spicer at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 1?
(a) The restaurant.
(b) On the street.
(c) In a store.
(d) The pier.
2. How much does Pinkie pay Mr. Prewitt?
(a) A small fee.
(b) A large fee.
(d) A moderate fee.
3. What was Spicer's job in the murder of Hale?
(a) To distribute cards.
(b) To distract Hale.
(c) To ask questions about Hale.
(d) To keep Hale from leaving town.
4. As revealed during the conversation about marriage in Part 4, Chapter 1, what age is Rose?
5. What does Hale lend Ida money for at the end of Part 1, Chapter 1, before he disappears?
(a) A haircut.
(b) A shower.
(c) A hat.
(d) A coat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Pinkie and Rose go to dinner in Part 2, Chapter 1?
2. What does Pinkie mockingly call Rose in Part 2, Chapter 1?
3. What decade does Brighton Rock take place?
4. How much does Spicer win at the track in Part 4, Chapter 1?
5. What is causing Spicer to be in pain in Part 3, Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Rose's opinion of Ida as she describes her for Pinkie in Part 3, Chapter 3?
2. According to Mr. Prewitt, what stipulations will need to be worked out before Pinkie and Rose can be married?
3. What illnesses does Spicer have in Part 3, Chapter 2, and how does he find out about Pinkie's arrest?
4. As it is revealed in Part 2, Chapter 1, how was Kite, Pinkie's former gang leader, killed?
5. How does Ida find out about Hale's death?
6. How does Pinkie explain the ambush on Spicer at the track to Cubitt?
7. What is Hale doing to avoid any danger in Brighton?
8. Which options does Spicer think about after receiving Rose's telephone call in Part 3, Chapter 2?
9. Which confusion is there about Hale's name, and how does Ida react to it?
10. How does Pinkie convince Spicer to accompany him to the track the next day in Part 3, Chapter 4?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)