|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the woman Hale sees at the pub described?
(a) Jovial, but not inebriated.
(b) Neither jovial nor inebriated.
(c) Jovial and inebriated.
(d) Inebriated, but not jovial.
2. What is the name of the pub Ida visits in Part 1, Chapter 3?
3. How does Pinkie complain about the loose banister on the stairs in Part 2, Chapter 1?
(a) First loudly, then quietly.
(c) First quietly, then loudly.
4. What is the status of the Hale case in Part 3, Chapter 1?
(a) It is still being investigated.
(b) It is closed.
(c) It is not mentioned.
(d) It is almost closed.
5. What does Hale do when the boy approaches him for the second time in Part 1, Chapter 1?
(a) He tries to give him money.
(b) He tries to hide.
(c) He leaves.
(d) He goes into a store.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Spicer win at the track in Part 4, Chapter 1?
2. As revealed during the conversation about marriage in Part 4, Chapter 1, what age is Rose?
3. How does Ida wake up at the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 1?
4. What is Spicer doing when Pinkie gets to the boarding house in Part 3, Chapter 4?
5. How much does Pinkie pay Mr. Prewitt?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Ida and Tate talk about in Part 3, Chapter 1?
2. How does Pinkie convince Spicer to accompany him to the track the next day in Part 3, Chapter 4?
3. Where does Hale's first encounter with the boy at Brighton take place and what happens?
4. What events cause Ida to decide to return to Brighton?
5. Where do Pinkie and Rose go after he is released from the police and what kind of a flashback does Pinkie have?
6. What two surprises are waiting for Pinkie and Spicer at the track in Part 4, Chapter 1?
7. What condition is Ida in when she wakes up in Part 3, Chapter 1?
8. What happens to upset Pinkie even more after he is released from the police's custody in Part 3, Chapter 3?
9. What happens during Pinkie and Rose's date in Part 2, Chapter 1?
10. Which options does Spicer think about after receiving Rose's telephone call in Part 3, Chapter 2?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)