|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who demands more money from Pinkie while negotiating in Part 5, Chapter 3?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) Her mother, her father, and a lawyer.
2. Which important piece of information does Ida tell Rose in Part 7, Chapter 1?
(a) What Hale was doing in Brighton.
(b) Pinkie's reason for marrying her.
(c) Where Pinkie is.
(d) Why Hale's picture did not match the person she saw at the restaurant.
3. What response does Rose give to Pinkie about the idea of marriage?
(a) She agrees with certain conditions.
(b) She says she will think about it.
(c) She agrees.
(d) She declines.
4. How does Pinkie ask Rose about the idea of marriage in Part 4, Chapter 3?
(a) In a lengthy, explanatory way.
(b) In a nondescript way.
(c) In an unclear way.
(d) In a quick, passive way.
5. What does Colleoni offer Pinkie to leave Brighton in Part 7, Chapter 5?
(a) Two hundred pounds.
(b) One hundred and fifty pounds.
(c) Three hundred pounds.
(d) Two hundred and fifty pounds.
6. What task does Pinkie give to Dallow in Part 7, Chapter 4?
(a) To watch Mr. Prewitt.
(b) To look for Ida.
(c) To look for Phil.
(d) To watch the restaurant.
7. What does Crab tell Cubitt about the likeliness of Colleoni giving Cubitt a job?
(a) He definitely will not.
(b) He probably will not.
(c) He probably will.
(d) He definitely will.
8. As Rose realizes in Part 7, Chapter 1, what day is it?
9. Where does Pinkie tell the rifle-game proprietor that he and Rose are going in Part 7, Chapter 7?
10. How much does Pinkie originally offer Rose's parents for permission to marry her?
(a) Fifteen pounds.
(b) Five pounds.
(c) Twenty pounds.
(d) Ten pounds.
11. What do Pinkie and Rose eat under the pier in Part 6, Chapter 2?
(b) Ice cream.
(c) Hot dogs.
12. What does Pinkie do with Rose's note at the end of Part 6, Chapter 2?
(a) He loses it.
(b) He throws it away.
(c) He keeps it.
(d) He reads it several times.
13. What is Cubitt's reaction to Pinkie's admission of killing Spicer in Part 5, Chapter 5?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is shocked.
(c) He does not accept it.
(d) He is angry.
14. What is Pinkie's reaction when Rose tells him that she knows he killed Kibber?
(a) He changes the subject.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is amused.
(d) He is surprised.
15. As she and Pinkie go to the Cosmopolitan in Part 6, Chapter 2, what does she tell him she is bringing from her old life?
(b) Only the necessary things.
(d) Several things.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Rose ask Pinkie to postpone his plan for at the end of Part 7, Chapter 7?
2. Where does Crab go after talking to Cubitt?
3. How do Pinkie and Dallow respond to Colleoni's offer in Part 7, Chapter 5?
4. How is the kitchen stove described in Part 7, Chapter 1?
5. What does the clerk at the Cosmopolitan tell Pinkie in Part 6, Chapter 2?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)