|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Hewitt react to Spicer's murder?
(a) He is horrified.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is disappointed.
2. What type of pastry is Ida eating in Part 5, Chapter 4?
3. Where does Pinkie tell the rifle-game proprietor that he and Rose are going in Part 7, Chapter 7?
4. How long does Rose ask Pinkie to postpone his plan for at the end of Part 7, Chapter 7?
(a) One more day.
(b) One more week.
(c) Two more weeks.
(d) Two more days.
5. What does Rose tell Pinkie at the end of Part 7, Chapter 4?
(a) She thinks the marriage might have been a mistake.
(b) Everything will be alright.
(c) Everything will not be alright.
(d) She knows the marriage was not a mistake.
6. Where does Pinkie send Mr. Prewitt for a vacation?
7. What does Rose take before leaving for the restaurant in Part 7, Chapter 1?
(a) One and a half crown.
(b) One crown.
(c) Two crowns.
(d) Half a crown.
8. How does Maisie react to seeing Rose at the restaurant?
(a) She is surprised.
(b) She is confused.
(c) She is distant.
(d) She is relieved.
9. Where does Crab go after talking to Cubitt?
(a) To order another drink.
(b) It is unkown.
(c) To talk to Colleoni.
(d) A date.
10. Who is with Ida at the restaurant in Part 4, Chapter 2?
(b) The police.
(c) Neither Phil nor the police.
(d) Phil and the police.
11. Where does Rose suggest her and Ida talk in Part 4, Chapter 2?
(a) The wine cellar.
(b) The break room.
(c) At another table.
(d) Her upstairs room.
12. What did Cubitt leave at the boarding house after hearing about Spicer's murder?
(a) His money.
(b) His hat.
(c) His coat.
(d) His razor.
13. In order to get the truth, who does Ida tell Phil they need to find in Part 5, Chapter 6?
(a) A loyal associate of Pinkie's.
(b) A disgruntled associate of Pinkie's.
(d) The police detective.
14. What is Cubitt's reaction to Pinkie's admission of killing Spicer in Part 5, Chapter 5?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He does not accept it.
(d) He is shocked.
15. What is the initial reaction of Rose's parents when Pinkie asks for their permission to marry her in Part 5, Chapter 3?
(a) They ask him to leave.
(b) They agree to think about it.
(c) They ignore him.
(d) They refuse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rose accuse Pinkie of in Part 5, Chapter 2?
2. What does Pinkie tell Mr. Prewitt after the murder?
3. How many drinks does Crab buy for Cubitt in Part 6, Chapter 1?
4. Where do Pinkie and Rose go before arriving at the boarding house in Part 6, Chapter 2?
5. As she and Pinkie go to the Cosmopolitan in Part 6, Chapter 2, what does she tell him she is bringing from her old life?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)