|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the initial reaction of Rose's parents when Pinkie asks for their permission to marry her in Part 5, Chapter 3?
(a) They refuse.
(b) They ask him to leave.
(c) They agree to think about it.
(d) They ignore him.
2. Which of the following does Pinkie discover about the room in Part 7, Chapter 4?
(a) Rose has rearranged it.
(b) The stove is lit.
(c) Rose has cleaned it.
(d) The window is broken.
3. What does Rose accuse Pinkie of in Part 5, Chapter 2?
(a) Seeing other girls.
(d) Being selfish.
4. Which one of the following does Rose tell Pinkie in Part 5, Chapter 2?
(a) She might tell people what she knows about him.
(b) She wants to buy a house.
(c) She is thinking of having a big wedding.
(d) She might leave Brighton.
5. Where is Pinkie as Ida leaves the boarding house in Part 7, Chapter 2?
(a) At the pier.
(b) In a store.
(c) Across the street.
(d) In a car.
6. Who is with Pinkie as he waits for Rose in Part 6, Chapter 2?
(a) Dallow, Crab, and Mr. Prewitt.
(b) Dallow and Crab.
(c) Mr. Prewitt and Crab.
(d) Dallow and Mr. Prewitt.
7. What does Ida tell Rose about Pinkie in Part 4, Chapter 2?
(a) He could be a murderer.
(b) He is committing another crime now.
(c) He knows more than he is saying about Hale's murder.
(d) He does not care for her.
8. What does Pinkie do with Rose's note at the end of Part 6, Chapter 2?
(a) He reads it several times.
(b) He throws it away.
(c) He loses it.
(d) He keeps it.
9. According to Crab in Part 6, Chapter 1, what does Colleoni demand from his crew?
10. Eventually, how much does Pinkie secure the permission to marry Rose for?
(a) Twenty five pounds.
(b) Ten pounds.
(c) Twenty pounds.
(d) Fifteen pounds.
11. What does Pinkie say on the recording he makes for Rose in Part 6, Chapter 2?
(a) He does not want her to leave him.
(b) He wants her to leave him.
(c) He likes being married.
(d) He does not like being married.
12. Where does Pinkie tell the rifle-game proprietor that he and Rose are going in Part 7, Chapter 7?
13. How many drinks does Crab buy for Cubitt in Part 6, Chapter 1?
14. How does Mr. Hewitt react to Spicer's murder?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is horrified.
(d) He is disappointed.
15. When Pinkie arrives back at the boarding house in Part 5, Chapter 2, what is Rose holding?
(a) A wedding invitation.
(b) A card.
(c) A paper.
(d) A ring.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Pinkie originally offer Rose's parents for permission to marry her?
2. How does Pinkie ask Rose about the idea of marriage in Part 4, Chapter 3?
3. In order to get the truth, who does Ida tell Phil they need to find in Part 5, Chapter 6?
4. Where does Crab go after talking to Cubitt?
5. How does Maisie react to seeing Rose at the restaurant?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)