|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Pinkie give to Mr. Prewitt in Part 7, Chapter 3?
(a) Fifteen pounds.
(b) Twenty pounds.
(c) Ten pounds.
(d) Twenty five pounds.
2. What does Crab tell Cubitt about the likeliness of Colleoni giving Cubitt a job?
(a) He definitely will.
(b) He probably will not.
(c) He probably will.
(d) He definitely will not.
3. As Ida tells Rose about how lust is distracting her, how much of youth does she say also has the same problem?
(a) A few.
4. What does Pinkie do to attempt to cover up his crime in Part 4, Chapter 3?
(a) He breaks the rail of the stairs.
(b) He breaks the window.
(c) He destroys his room.
(d) He breaks the door.
5. Where does Pinkie tell the rifle-game proprietor that he and Rose are going in Part 7, Chapter 7?
6. What does Ida tell Phil at the end of Part 6, Chapter 1?
(a) They need to talk to the police.
(b) They need to save Rose.
(c) They need to find Pinkie.
(d) They need to find Pinkie and Rose.
7. As Rose realizes in Part 7, Chapter 1, what day is it?
8. What do Pinkie and Rose eat under the pier in Part 6, Chapter 2?
(b) Ice cream.
(d) Hot dogs.
9. How long does Rose ask Pinkie to postpone his plan for at the end of Part 7, Chapter 7?
(a) One more day.
(b) Two more days.
(c) Two more weeks.
(d) One more week.
10. How are the streets of Brighton described in Part 6, Chapter 1?
(a) Cold and rainy.
(b) Cold, but not rainy.
(c) Neither cold nor rainy.
(d) Rainy, but not cold.
11. Eventually, how much does Pinkie secure the permission to marry Rose for?
(a) Fifteen pounds.
(b) Twenty five pounds.
(c) Twenty pounds.
(d) Ten pounds.
12. Who is with Ida at the restaurant in Part 4, Chapter 2?
(b) Phil and the police.
(c) Neither Phil nor the police.
(d) The police.
13. Which of the following does Pinkie discover about the room in Part 7, Chapter 4?
(a) The stove is lit.
(b) Rose has rearranged it.
(c) Rose has cleaned it.
(d) The window is broken.
14. Where does Cubitt drink in Part 6, Chapter 1?
(a) The Crown.
(b) The Greys.
(c) The Pavilion.
(d) The Cricketers.
15. What does Pinkie tell Dallow and Cubitt on the way back to Brighton in Part 5, Chapter 2?
(a) He is unsure about marrying Rose.
(b) He is not going to marry Rose.
(c) He is going to marry Rose soon.
(d) He is not going to marry Rose soon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Pinkie as Ida leaves the boarding house in Part 7, Chapter 2?
2. What time of day does Part 7, Chapter 5 begin?
3. What is Ida determined to do in order to convince Rose about the mistake she is making?
4. How much does Pinkie originally offer Rose's parents for permission to marry her?
5. What does Ida tell Rose before leaving in Part 7, Chapter 1?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)