|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ida receive from Phil Corkery in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) A letter and a package.
(b) A package.
(c) A letter.
(d) A postcard.
2. What does Rose ask Pinkie about at the restaurant in Part 3, Chapter 3?
(a) If he knows why he was arrested.
(b) If he received her message.
(c) If he found out anything from the police.
(d) If he had to go back to the police.
3. Why does Ida decide to find Fred's killer at the end of Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) It is the only way she will learn his real name.
(b) It is a matter of right and wrong.
(c) She thinks she might be in danger as well.
(d) She enjoys solving mysteries.
4. How long after she finds out about Hale's death does Ida suspect something?
(b) In a little while.
(d) The next day.
5. Who is the oldest member of Pinkie's gang?
6. Why do Pinkie and Rose choose to sit and listen to music at the restaurant?
(a) Rose likes to dance, but not to the song playing.
(b) Pinkie likes to dance, but not to the song playing.
(c) Pinkie does not like to dance.
(d) Rose does not like to dance.
7. What name does the paper use when reporting about Hale in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(b) Neither Charles nor Fred.
(d) Both Charles and Fred.
8. How does Pinkie respond to Colleoni's job offer at the Cosmopolitan?
(a) He accepts.
(b) He agrees to think about it.
(c) He declines and offers Colleoni a job instead.
(d) He declines.
9. Who is the most loyal member of Pinkie's gang?
(b) They are all just as loyal.
10. What is the woman at the pub doing when Hale arrives in Part 1, Chapter 1?
(b) Waiting tables.
(c) Telling jokes.
(d) Sitting by herself.
11. Where is Spicer planning to go in Part 3, Chapter 4?
12. What is Pinkie doing after being released from police custody in Part 3, Chapter 3?
13. What is Hale leaving around the town of Brighton in Chapter 1?
(d) Candy wrappers.
14. Who is Pinkie surprised to see at the end of Part 4, Chapter 1?
15. Where do Ida and Phil go after the police station?
(a) Back to the restaurant.
(b) The newspaper office.
(c) The tea room.
(d) The pier where Hale was last seen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ida do while waiting for Phil at the restaurant in Part 3, Chapter 1?
2. What decade does Brighton Rock take place?
3. What information does the shooting gallery caller give to Pinkie at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 2?
4. What does the manageress tell Pinkie and Rose in Part 4, Chapter 1?
5. Who does Pinkie call at the end of Part 3, Chapter 4?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)