|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days have the races been taking place when Part 4, Chapter 1 starts?
(d) It is the first day.
2. How does Ida respond to Tate's mention of Colleoni?
(a) She cannot remember where she heard about Colleoni.
(b) She has heard of Colleoni.
(c) She ignores it.
(d) She has never heard of Colleoni.
3. Why do Pinkie and Rose choose to sit and listen to music at the restaurant?
(a) Pinkie likes to dance, but not to the song playing.
(b) Rose likes to dance, but not to the song playing.
(c) Pinkie does not like to dance.
(d) Rose does not like to dance.
4. When does Hale arrive at the pub in Part 1, Chapter 1?
(c) Late morning.
(d) Early evening.
5. What causes Ida to want to go to the police in Part 3, Chapter 1?
(a) Something she overheard in a conversation.
(b) Something she saw at the restaurant.
(c) Something she read in the paper.
(d) Something that Rose said.
6. How does Pinkie react to the teasing he receives about Rose in Part 2, Chapter 1?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is annoyed.
(c) He is amused.
(d) He is surprised.
7. Using Kibber as his last name, what is the first name of Fred's alias?
8. What do Ida and Phil have with their lunch in Part 3, Chapter 1?
9. How much does Pinkie pay Mr. Prewitt?
(a) A moderate fee.
(c) A small fee.
(d) A large fee.
10. Who is with Pinkie and Spicer at the track?
(b) Dallow and Cubitt.
(c) Neither Dallow nor Cubitt.
11. Where is Spicer planning to go in Part 3, Chapter 4?
12. How does Pinkie respond to Colleoni's job offer at the Cosmopolitan?
(a) He agrees to think about it.
(b) He accepts.
(c) He declines.
(d) He declines and offers Colleoni a job instead.
13. What condition are Ida and Phil in when they arrive at the police station?
(a) Not drunk.
(b) More than a little tipsy.
(c) A little tipsy.
14. What decade does Brighton Rock take place?
15. What is the name of the pub Ida visits in Part 1, Chapter 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ida request to see the inspector in Part 3, Chapter 1?
2. Besides drinking, what does Hale do during the day to keep his nerves steady while at Brighton?
3. What happens when Rose arrives in Part 2, Chapter 1?
4. Who does Pinkie call at the end of Part 3, Chapter 4?
5. How does Pinkie complain about the loose banister on the stairs in Part 2, Chapter 1?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)