|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ida recall about the previous night in Part 3, Chapter 1?
(b) A lot.
(c) Very little.
2. Where do Pinkie and Rose go in Part 3, Chapter 3?
(a) To the boarding house.
(b) To the pier.
(c) To another restaurant.
(d) To the country.
3. Where is Spicer planning to go in Part 3, Chapter 4?
4. How many tables are left when Pinkie is at the restaurant in Part 3, Chapter 3?
5. How much does Spicer win at the track in Part 4, Chapter 1?
(a) Twenty pounds.
(b) Fifteen pounds.
(c) Five pounds.
(d) Ten pounds.
6. When would the British paper that Hale works for typically sponsor their "scavenger hunts"?
7. What is Spicer doing when Pinkie gets to the boarding house in Part 3, Chapter 4?
8. When does Pinkie ask Spicer to accompany him to the track?
(a) That night.
(b) The next morning.
(c) The next week
(d) The next afternoon.
9. What is Pinkie doing after being released from police custody in Part 3, Chapter 3?
10. Who is Pinkie surprised to see at the end of Part 4, Chapter 1?
11. What did the paper report to be Hale's cause of death?
(a) Natural causes.
(b) It is unknown.
12. What is the name of the pub Ida visits in Part 1, Chapter 3?
13. What does Hale do when the boy at the pub calls his name?
(a) He ignores it.
(b) He yells for help.
(c) He denies that his name is Fred.
(d) He laughs hysterically.
14. What do Colleoni's men attack Pinkie with in Part 4, Chapter 1?
15. Besides Colleoni, who else does Tate mention to Ida in Part 3, Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long after she finds out about Hale's death does Ida suspect something?
2. In their conversation at the Cosmopolitan, how much interest does Pinkie tell Colleoni he has in automatic machines at the track?
3. In what way does the inspector respond to Ida's ideas about the Hale case in Part 3, Chapter 1?
4. Where does Rose attempt to help Pinkie in Part 4, Chapter 1?
5. What was Spicer's job in the murder of Hale?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)