|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ida request to see the inspector in Part 3, Chapter 1?
(a) She loudly demands.
(b) She softly demands.
(c) She asks which office the inspector is in.
(d) She asks what time the inspector will be there.
2. What does Pinkie tell Rose about Hale on the way to dinner?
(a) He was a very smart person.
(b) He was not a smart person.
(c) He knew dangerous people.
(d) He did not know any dangerous people.
3. To make a point about what happens to people that interfere with the mob, what does Pinkie have in Part 2, Chapter 1?
(a) A list of names.
(b) A box of matches.
(c) A lighter.
(d) A bottle of vitriol.
4. How does Spicer appear when he meets with Pinkie in Part 1, Chapter 2?
(b) Shaken and nauseous.
(c) Calm, but nauseaous.
5. Where is Ida from?
6. Where is Ida when Part 1, Chapter 3 starts?
7. Using Kibber as his last name, what is the first name of Fred's alias?
8. How does Spicer react to Rose's telephone call in Part 3, Chapter 2?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is upset.
(c) He is more panicked.
(d) He is less panicked.
9. Who is with Pinkie and Spicer at the track?
(a) Neither Dallow nor Cubitt.
(d) Dallow and Cubitt.
10. What is the name of the pub Ida visits in Part 1, Chapter 3?
11. What is causing Spicer to be in pain in Part 3, Chapter 2?
(a) A sprained ankle.
(b) An arm injury.
(c) A foot ailment.
(d) A cold.
12. What does Pinkie tell Rose before leaving the restaurant in Part 1, Chapter 2?
(a) He will be back.
(b) He does not think he will be back.
(c) It was nice talking with her.
(d) It is a nice day.
13. For which paper does Fred Hale write?
(a) London Inquisitor.
(b) London Times.
(c) Daily Observer.
(d) Daily Messenger.
14. Where is the scar that the boy at the pub has in Part 1, Chapter 1?
(a) His arm.
(b) His shoulder.
(c) His face.
(d) His hand.
15. How much does Pinkie pay Mr. Prewitt?
(a) A moderate fee.
(c) A large fee.
(d) A small fee.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rose describe Ida's lifestyle to Pinkie?
2. What does Hale do when the boy at the pub calls his name?
3. How many days have the races been taking place when Part 4, Chapter 1 starts?
4. What is Hale leaving around the town of Brighton in Chapter 1?
5. Which one of the following saddens Ida when she reads the paper in Part 1, Chapter 3?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)