Short Answer Questions
Directions: Answer each question with the appropriate short response.
Short Answer Questions - Part 1, Chapter 1
1. What decade does Brighton Rock take place?
2. As indicated in the beginning of the book, how long after arriving at Brighton did Hale know he was in danger?
3. For which paper does Fred Hale write?
4. When would the British paper that Hale works for typically sponsor their "scavenger hunts"?
5. Using Kibber as his last name, what is the first name of Fred's alias?
6. According to the rules of the scavenger hunt, where does Hale travel until he is recognized by a reader?
7. How is Hale supposed to react when he is recognized during the scavenger hunt contest?
8. What is Hale leaving around the town of Brighton in Chapter 1?
This section contains 2,505 words|
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)