|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Hale afraid to shirk his Kibber responsibilities in Brighton?
(a) He does not want to lose his job.
(b) He has just started working for the paper and wants to make a good impression.
(c) He does not want to lose a promotion at the paper.
(d) He is worried another journalist will uncover the story first.
2. In what way does the inspector respond to Ida's ideas about the Hale case in Part 3, Chapter 1?
(a) He is very impressed.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is unimpressed.
(d) He is curious.
3. Who is waiting for Pinkie at the boarding house in Part 2, Chapter 1?
(a) Dallow and Spicer, but not Cubitt.
(b) Cubitt, Dallow, and Spicer.
(c) Cubitt and Dallow, but not Spicer.
(d) Cubitt and Spicer, but not Dallow.
4. How does Ida request to see the inspector in Part 3, Chapter 1?
(a) She loudly demands.
(b) She asks which office the inspector is in.
(c) She softly demands.
(d) She asks what time the inspector will be there.
5. How long after she finds out about Hale's death does Ida suspect something?
(b) The next day.
(d) In a little while.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Spicer's job in the murder of Hale?
2. How much does Pinkie pay Mr. Prewitt?
3. Besides Colleoni, who else does Tate mention to Ida in Part 3, Chapter 1?
4. Where is Ida when Part 1, Chapter 3 starts?
5. What does Pinkie mockingly call Rose in Part 2, Chapter 1?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)