|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of the following best describes the ordering process of Rose and Pinkie at the restaurant in Part 2, Chapter 1?
2. How does Rose describe Ida's lifestyle to Pinkie?
(a) Not cautious enough.
(b) Too cautious.
(c) Too freely.
(d) Not free enough.
3. What does Ida receive from Phil Corkery in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) A letter.
(b) A letter and a package.
(c) A package.
(d) A postcard.
4. What was Spicer's job in the murder of Hale?
(a) To distract Hale.
(b) To distribute cards.
(c) To ask questions about Hale.
(d) To keep Hale from leaving town.
5. What causes Rose to talk to Pinkie at the restaurant in Part 3, Chapter 3?
(a) He is pacing in front of people.
(b) He is arguing with the restaurant manager.
(c) He is scaring other customers.
(d) He is demanding a table.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way does the inspector respond to Ida's ideas about the Hale case in Part 3, Chapter 1?
2. Besides drinking, what does Hale do during the day to keep his nerves steady while at Brighton?
3. Revealed during his conversation with Colleoni in Part 2, Chapter 2, how old is Pinkie?
4. Who does Pinkie call at the end of Part 3, Chapter 4?
5. Who is the oldest member of Pinkie's gang?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)