|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 1 and 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Besides drinking, what does Hale do during the day to keep his nerves steady while at Brighton?
(a) Stays in crowds.
(b) Asks a lot of questions.
(c) Refuses to answer questions.
(d) Avoids people.
2. What does Ida receive from Phil Corkery in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) A letter and a package.
(b) A package.
(c) A postcard.
(d) A letter.
3. As indicated in the beginning of the book, how long after arriving at Brighton did Hale know he was in danger?
(a) Four days.
(b) Two days.
(c) One hour.
(d) Three hours.
4. Revealed during his conversation with Colleoni in Part 2, Chapter 2, how old is Pinkie?
5. For which paper does Fred Hale write?
(a) London Inquisitor.
(b) Daily Messenger.
(c) London Times.
(d) Daily Observer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the paper report to be Hale's cause of death?
2. Which restaurant does Pinkie visit in Part 1, Chapter 2?
3. When would the British paper that Hale works for typically sponsor their "scavenger hunts"?
4. What is Hale leaving around the town of Brighton in Chapter 1?
5. What causes Ida to want to go to the police in Part 3, Chapter 1?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)