|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On her way to the restaurant, which horse does Ida place a bet for when she encounters the bookie, Tate?
(a) The horse that no one was betting on.
(b) The horse that Hale told her about.
(c) The horse that Hale was going to bet on.
(d) The horse that everyone was betting on.
2. What is Pinkie's reaction when Rose tells him that she knows he killed Kibber?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is amused.
(c) He is surprised.
(d) He changes the subject.
3. What is causing Spicer to be in pain in Part 3, Chapter 2?
(a) A sprained ankle.
(b) An arm injury.
(c) A foot ailment.
(d) A cold.
4. How much money does Pinkie lend Cubbitt for his trip in Part 6, Chapter 2?
(b) Twenty pounds.
(c) Ten pounds.
(d) Five pounds.
5. What is the status of the Hale case in Part 3, Chapter 1?
(a) It is not mentioned.
(b) It is almost closed.
(c) It is still being investigated.
(d) It is closed.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pinkie ask Rose about the idea of marriage in Part 4, Chapter 3?
2. What does Pinkie do to attempt to cover up his crime in Part 4, Chapter 3?
3. How does Ida request to see the inspector in Part 3, Chapter 1?
4. In what way does the inspector respond to Ida's ideas about the Hale case in Part 3, Chapter 1?
5. What does Ida recall about the previous night in Part 3, Chapter 1?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)