Part 1, Chapter 1
1. What decade does Brighton Rock take place?
2. As indicated in the beginning of the book, how long after arriving at Brighton did Hale know he was in danger?
(a) One hour.
(b) Three hours.
(c) Four days.
(d) Two days.
3. For which paper does Fred Hale write?
(a) London Inquisitor.
(b) London Times.
(c) Daily Observer.
(d) Daily Messenger.
4. When would the British paper that Hale works for typically sponsor their "scavenger hunts"?
5. Using Kibber as his last name, what is the first name of Fred's alias?
6. According to the rules of the scavenger hunt, where does Hale travel until he is recognized by a reader?
(a) Brighton and the towns next to it.
(b) Brighton and other resort towns.
(c) Only Brighton.
(d) Only Brighton and one other town.
7. How is Hale supposed to react when he is recognized during the scavenger hunt contest?
(a) He gives the person a free copy of the newspaper.
(b) He gives the person a prize.
(c) He gives the person a free subscription to the paper.
(d) He runs away.
This section contains 4,572 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)